Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Sudhir A JoshiYour feedback matters!
I am 39 years old and having pain in my left hand continuously with sensation at times.what can be done?
I have slipped discs at l4-l5 n l5-s1 and tend to get a bit of acute pain at times when they get aggravated which gets better with rest and exercise. I had also been diagnosed with spondilolysthisis about 8 yrs back. For last few months I have developed a pain in my left knee. Earlier pain used to be mainly radicular pain. Could knee pain be related to slipped disc or would it be something different. I also have vit d deficiency. Any suggestions for dealing with knee pain?
I am 24 years old male I am having a swelling on the right knee it is from 5 Months it disappears sometimes what can it be?
Whenever I wash or squeeze clothes, my hands finger's middle joint gets swelled and pain. Another thing sometimes gets swelling on wrist and elbow portion. It also pains too much. Can you clear me as Dr. Said it is rheumatism. But symptoms are bit different. Any time any joint starts paining. Unable to get treatment, as allopathy medicine does are high with steroids.
My father is 98 years old and he is also taken heart medicine. Now his right leg lower portion got swell from last one months. No pain right now in swelling place. Please advise for treatment and home care precaution.
Hello sir, I have pain in back neck and weaknesses & pain in both hand and I can't able to move either side of my neck freely. Feeling stiffness.
Sir I have a pain in my left (heart side) shoulder. Feeling dead shoulder and not able to do work with this shoulder?
The problem of morning back and neck pain may be due to the position of sleeping or it may be related to inflammatory arthritis which can be familial. Morning back pain is largely related to wrong sleeping posture and less commonly due to arthritic conditions like Ankylosing Spondylitis or Rheumatoid Arthritis. Whatever be the cause- this condition requires attention by an Orthopedic doctor as it may worsen in due course of time and should not be taken lightly.
Some common factors causing this are:
- Mattress: Too soft or too hard a mattress might induce back ache after sleep. For people with waist and hips of equal proportion, a firmer mattress would do well. For those with narrower waist than their hips, a flexible and softer mattress that can move with the pelvic weight would be a perfect choice. Refrain from using old hardened mattresses.
- Pillow: The pillow you use must be able to render support to your neck naturally. Instead of using excessively firm or soft pillow, try substituting it with memory foam pillows, refillable water pillows or cervical support pillows.
- Posture: Not changing your position while sleeping or sleeping on the belly exerts strain on the back muscles, causing pain. On the other hand, sleeping on the back or on the sides causes comparatively less strain on the spine.
- Other causes such as strenuous workouts or physical activities or sitting at a stretch during the day might cause pain while sleeping or after getting up from bed.
Remedies for Morning Back Pain:
Fortunately, there are some home remedies to cure the morning back pain.
- Switching your mattress is a more expensive remedy for back pain, but may often be the ultimate cure. Most people sleep the best on medium-firm mattresses. Be sure to try out the mattress before you buy it.
- For occasional back pain after sleeping, apply heat to your back to relax your muscles before you go to bed and when you get up in the morning.
- Massage your back with pain relieving creams and apply heat on it with a heating pad for quick relief.
- Specific spinal stretching exercises and Planks (a type of exercise) can greatly help in easing back pain, if done on a regular basis.
- It is always recommended to CONSULT an Orthopaedic doctor if you suffer from morning back pain.