Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sudhir Sharan
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Knee Injury Treatment
Treatment of Spine Injuries
Submit a review for Dr. Sudhir SharanYour feedback matters!
I am 33 year of age, Male, I am feeling pain in my lower leg specially on top and bottom of the foot. Also feeling like mild burning sensation on top & bottom of the foot when I touch my foot to something cold I feel good and relax.
Hi iam age 26 m sir ia m suffering from back pain and neck pain from 3 years and till now I am using pain realif oils sir plz sujjest to solve my problem
A meniscus tear is a common injury associated with the knee. The meniscus acts a defensive shield, providing a much-needed cushion to the knees, keeping it stable and injury free. Each knee joints contain two menisci located between the tibia and the femur. In this article, we will discuss important details related to meniscus tear to help you understand the injury better.
Facts related to a Meniscus Tear
- A meniscus tear can affect all and sundry. However, sports persons (especially those associated with soccer, tennis, football, and basketball) and aged people are more susceptible to the condition.
- As per Boston Children's Hospital, of late there has been a steady rise among children suffering from the meniscus tear.
- Osteoarthritis may act as a catalyst, accelerating the chances of a meniscus tear.
- In most of the times, a meniscus tear occurs when you exert immense pressure on the knee joints such as lifting a heavy object or suddenly standing up from a squatting position. With age, the meniscus is known to suffer from a natural wear and tear resulting in the injury.
- As already mentioned, there are two menisci present in each knee joints. The one present inside the knee joint is called Medial Meniscus. Lateral Meniscus is the one present on the outer part of the joint.
- Depending on the extent and severity of the injury, a meniscus tear may be
- A minor tear: This is a small injury accompanied by mild pain and swelling which may last for not more than 2-3 weeks.
- A moderate tear: The injury results in pain that are concentrated mainly around the center or the sides of the knee. The swelling goes from bad to worse over the next 2-3 days, with the person facing discomfort while bending their knee. The knee also stiffens. You may be relieved of the symptoms within a week or two but overusing the knee or twisting it may cause a relapse.
- A severe tear: True to its name, your knee is the worst affected in this case. The cartilage tear may be such that the torn pieces get lodged in between the joint spaces causing the knee to lock, pop or even catch. A person experiences unbearable pain and discomfort along with stiffness and swelling (can be immediately following the injury or within 2-3 days). In the case of a severe meniscus tear, a person may not be able to straighten the knee at all (without treatment and medical intervention)
Treatment for a meniscus tear may be surgical or nonsurgical.
The nonsurgical treatment involves the application of cold compress on the affected area. The person needs to take ample rest exerting minimum pressure on the affected knee. Physiotherapy and strengthening exercise can go a long way in improving the condition. To reduce the pain and swelling, the doctor may prescribe painkillers and NSAIDs (Nonsteroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs). Keep the knee elevated. The use of elastic wraps may be helpful.
In extreme cases, surgery may help to treat the injury and the associated symptoms. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Sir, I have acute pain on back side top of my left shoulder since two days ,kindly advice accordingly.
I am 33 year old. I have sore under my foot from last two months. Its very painful and I am unable to walk properly.What can i do?
I am suffering from cervical spondylosis from some days please give me some suggestions about this disease.
I have a severe left shoulder pain, along with left side of my back half portion not till the hip, can't able to bend my head forward. The pain goes till the elbow. No pain at the neck. Kindly suggest me for quick recovery as I have not taken any medicines till now.
In the recent years, with the building work pressure and the increasing stress in our everyday activities, our regular lives have become choc-a-bloc with all sorts of engagements. This often renders our bodies prone to fatigue and listlessness. This phenomenon can often be observed in an intensified form by way of a disorder called Fibromyalgia or as it is deemed in common parlance, "rheumatism".
Fibromyalgia is an ailment, which causes pain in the body tissues. The tender and fibrous tissues like muscles, ligaments and tendons are often affected by this disease. As a consequence of Fibromyalgia, one feels incapacitated to work or perform any physical activity. Sometimes Fibromyalgia is accompanied by extreme headaches, sleep disturbances, muscle pain and consistent dizziness.
The degree of chronicity of the disease may vary but the underlying cause remains the same. Given the high incidence of the disease, the treatment for the same is also widely available. However, for a more effective and lasting cure, many resort to homeopathy.
Homeopathy offers several remedies to Fibromyalgia, classified on the basis of the discrete symptoms of the disease:
- Rhus Tox: Rhus Tox is an excellent antidote for rheumatism induced stillness and muscle pain. When paired with suitable exercises, it can afford a lot of relief.
- Ruta Grav: Ruta Grav aids in relieving tendon pains and sustained usage helps in restoring muscle strength in case of Fibromyalgia.
- Rhododendron: Often the Fibromyalgia pain gets aggravated with a marked change in the season. Rhododendron mitigates the intensity of the pain.
- Arnica: For any injury induced body ache, Arnica is an extremely effective cure. It also functions as the foremost option, when the precise causes or the symptoms are unknown.
- Causticum: Certain forms of Fibromyalgia are accompanied with soreness, weakness and a feeling of stillness. Causticum soothes such ailments.
- Bryonia: Bryonia alleviates chronic pain in the soft tissues of the body. Exposure to heat needs to be avoided mandatorily in order to optimize the effect of Bryonia.
- Kalmia Latifolia: When besides the obverse symptoms of Fibromyalgia, the pain in the muscle is accompanied with a feeling of cold and numbness, one of the best homeopathic cures is Kalmia Latifolia.
Fibryomalgia is an ailment, which not only manifests physical troubles but also affects one's emotional status adversely. Therefore, to mete out the best remedy, homeopathy carefully assess both the physical and the psychosocial bearing of the patient before recommending a particular cure. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.