Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sudhir Sharan
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Knee Injury Treatment
Treatment of Spine Injuries
Submit a review for Dr. Sudhir SharanYour feedback matters!
Doctors, I have a problem to my eyes so I don't see clearly why? And one more problem to pain in my legs I do not walk faster I am going to a very bad condition please help me doctors.
What are the causes for swelling on foot. Im 42 yr, weight 80 kg, im feeling small pain in foot and swelling on foot below ankle.
Main 33 sall ki hoon. Mere gardan(neck) mein hamesha dard hota hai, aur left hand aur left leg mein bhi kabhi kabhi dard hota hai. Mera weight 70 kg. Kamar dard hota hai, thakan hota hai kabhi kabhi chakkar bhi ata hai. Mera blood deiciency tha 8.2 tha autrin 500 medicine le kar mera blood 10.5 ho gaya. I am not married. What should I do?
I am suffering a severe chest pain on my left chest and pain on left hand. My x ray reports and ECG reports are normal. But the pain is severe to me.
Hi Dr. I am 39 Old & last two week I am getting calf pain alter night in midnight. Please advice what is problem. Thanks.
If you are about to undergo a knee replacement surgery, it is important to know the extent of pain that it involves, and the recovery period that follows. A knee replacement surgery is a major surgery, and a patient needs a lot of time to adjust to the replacement of his knee. The time of recovery depends on the patient and form of surgery that has been undertaken. The steps of recovery after a knee replacement surgery are as follows:
- After the surgery, you will be given painkillers which you can self-administer using a switch. You may also require an oxygen mask or blood transfusion.
- You may require crutches and should walk within a frame. The ability to get back to walking without any help depends on the patient.
- You will be taught exercises for strengthening your knees in the hospital by a physiotherapist.
- It is likely for you to experience some initial discomfort during exercising and walking, as your legs may become swollen.
- Putting on a passive motion machine may be beneficial in restoring movement in your knees when you are lying in bed.
- It is likely for you to spend a period of three to five days in the hospital, based on your condition and its progress.
- An enhanced recovery program may be suggested by your surgeon in which you may start walking from the surgery day itself.
Recovery at home
- It is normal for you to feel tired and fatigued at home in the beginning. A knee replacement surgery is a major surgery, and the tissues and muscles around your knees require time to heal properly.
- You should arrange for a person who would help you while you go out for a few weeks after the surgery.
- It is very important for you to practice the exercises prescribed by your physiotherapist. This is a vital part of speedy recovery and you should not avoid them.
- You will be able to stop depending on crutches or walking frames and go back to your regular activities and schedule, six weeks after the surgery.
- The swelling and pain associated with the surgery may take around three months to depart.
The recovery process usually continues for two years after undergoing the surgery. During this period, scar tissue heals and your muscles get restored through exercises. It is recommended for you to avoid any kind of extreme sports or movements in which there is a risk of falling, such as mountain biking, or skiing.