Find numerous Cardiologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Cardiologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Sudheer PillaiYour feedback matters!
My mother has been not sleep very well she is taking stress every time and then her blood pressure is going high what should I do.
No pain at centre of chest it is in between centre and end of left side. I can pinpoint the pain from where it radiates. I don't have shortness of breath. The pain doesn't radiates to other parts.
I am on medication for diabetes, hypertension and cholestrol control. Immediately after brushing my teeth I have bad breath. My teeth and gums are in perfect condition .What causes this and how can I prevent it?
Sir my wife is suffering in renal failure, her latest blood report creatinine label 2.5,and urea label 41, blood pressure is now in normal condition, yesterday I consulted a nephrologist he prescribed ferrous ascourbate&foic acid tabs, alphaketo analogous tabs, moxidine tabs0. 3 mg tabs, now her hemoglobin level in blood is 10.4,now she is stable ,I have seen normal swelling of face only, not have any pain in any body part also, so pls give me any suggestions for lowering creative label &revive this renal failure.
When I run aur use stair I got increased heart beat at short time of duration but I can lift 20 kg wait but don't get tired.
Can one find the percentage of artery blocked for heart in CT angiography and accordingly till how much percentage blocked can b treated with medicines and lifestyle change and diet. As I do not want to go for invasive angiography and angioplasty. Pls advise. And what one can find in 2D echo cardiogram.
Sometimes it pains near my heart and the pain which is unbearable so is that a acidity problem or a serious heart disorder ?
High blood pressure or hypertension is a condition where the long term force induced by blood on the artery walls may lead to health complications. In some cases high blood pressure can be a chronic condition without any visible symptoms. The normal value of blood pressure is 120/80 mm Hg. Even if high blood pressure doesn't have any obvious symptoms, it can cause significant damage to cardiovascular health and blood vessels. Uncontrolled hypertension exposes you to the risks of stroke and cardiac arrest. Following are the causes and complications of hypertension:
Causes of hypertension
The causes of hypertension vary depending on the two types of the condition namely - primary hypertension and secondary hypertension. In case of primary hypertension there are hardly any identifiable causes. Secondary hypertension can occur due to the following causes:
- Certain medications like contraceptives, painkillers and some other drugs
- Sleep disorders
- Problems related to the kidney
- Tumors in the adrenal gland
- Thyroid issues
- Congenital heart defects from birth
- Drug abuse
- Excessive consumption of alcohol
Complications of hypertension
- Persistent high blood pressure can result in atherosclerosis - hardening of the arteries. This can severely wreck cardiovascular health and cause stroke, heart attack or other complications.
- Hypertension can also result in a disorder called aneurysm in which the blood vessels tend to swell and weaken. Rupture of an aneurysm can be fatal.
- Heart failure is one of the most serious complications associated with hypertension. It becomes increasingly difficult for the heart to pump blood along with the high pressure. Consequently the heart muscle thickens and leads to cardiac arrest.
- Hypertension can also lead to kidney problems. Narrowing and weakening of certain blood vessels present in the kidney can cause organ failure.
- It can also lead to eye problems and sometimes even loss of vision due to narrowing or thickening of blood vessels in the eye.
- Metabolic syndrome, which refers to a cluster of deficiencies in the metabolism of your body including high triglycerides, low levels of good cholesterol (High density lipoprotein) and high levels of insulin. These metabolic disorders increase the risk of developing diabetes and other complications.
- Uncontrolled high blood pressure and interference with your ability to remember and think. It can trigger memory loss and affect your understanding and deriving skills. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a general physician.