Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
I had sex with my girlfriend on feb 22 i. E 13th day of her circle I used condom but I was broken then I give her optional72. On march 5 she had period and on april5 she had period but this time stomach pain was more. Is she pregnant? Or common problem during cycle.
Hi sir. I am newly marriage couple doing intercourse my partner cause irritation. After completed sex also long time irritation in there. What is the problem tell me.
I had 8 miscariages in a row.Every time 5.5weeks done.Iam very frustrating now and i hate my self.After 6years old marriage ihave no baby.Plz tell me can i become mom or not.Plz tell me i am middle class family,i can't afford expensive treatment.
Me and my wife want a baby our marriage has been done about 4 months ago But my wife not getting pregnant till now. So please help us.
Hello please advise me meri dates me kuch problem h flow bhut km ho rha h aur hmesa 5 ya 6 din late ati h m bhut preshan hu.
Since my last period today is day 30 is that confirms my pregnancy or shall I wait for some time to consult a doctor?
My daughter is vomiting a lot. She is 3 1/2 month old and breastfeeding is almost on its end as not producing enough. I have tried similac, nan pro but she is not accepting any of it then I tried toned milk to which she responded well in the beginning but now she has started vomiting again. On an average out of 5 feeds she vomits 2-3 times a day. I am soo worried as how she will grow without any nutrition. Can I feed her anything else apart from milk? Is there any medicine which can stop her excess vomits? Her weight is 5kg n length is 63cm, is it fine for her age? Should I change my paediatrician as the current one says that she is fine and avoid giving her toned milk n keep on changing the brand of formula milk if she is vomiting one because that is the only best option for feeding outer milk. Please suggest the best possible solution. I am sooo worried.
Dr. I want to know that how can I move out my stomach's strech marks ? I have two daughters also. And my last / my 2nd delivery was declared 7 years ago. So I want to know that after the delivery my streach marks can go?
Last month 29th I tuk Ipill still not getting periods .after ipill again I had unprotected sex. Please suggest medicine to get periods.
Hello doctor. . I am 20 years old and in a relationship with a guy aged 26. We had protected sex yesterday night. My boyfriend ejaculated outside the vagina into the condom after having sex. After checking the condom we found it was faulty. When we added water into that we found a hole from where the water was leaking. We are worried about unwanted pregnancy. Whether it is okey if I take I pill? I had taken it 2 times before around a year ago. My last period was on 10 th of may. Will taking I pill harm my future baby? Please give me an advice.
Hello sir. I want to discuss about my sex life. My sex life is not stable that why my married life is disturb. Pls guide me. We r also planning for baby but not succeed.
I am already a healthy person and I am even putting weight during pregnancy, tell me what should I do?
Dear doctor, I got married by last June. Around 4 months over. Still we are waiting for pregnancy. 40 to 50 days interval coming for each period. What is the actual reason. It may due to PCOD? Can you please elaborate reg PCOD problem and why it is happening? What is the solution. Kindly clarify. Waiting for your reply.
My wife of 42, What is the best contraceptive pills. Daily or weekly or monthly or six monthly. We use saheli, it fails, we use ayurvedic b gap, it fails, we use copper T, it fails, nonstop bleeding. Just abortion last month. I do not like to use condoms. We do not want vascatomy or tubectomy. She used MALA Dfor a long time, with this lactation starts. But now she starts MALA D again from her mensuration cycle. Is it safe. What should we do to avoid pregnancy. We want to do direct sex, without using any condom. Pl guide.
I am 18 weeks pregnant. Every day vomiting sensation increases. I used to take 6 doxinate tablets every day. Is vomiting bad. How to get rid of. What should I do.
In order to fulfill your and your partner's desires if must understand them and along with that you need to keep a track of your mental and physical health, so that you can fulfill those desires. There is an increasing number of people with the issue of reduced sexual drive and this being a private matter are not able to come out in the open to discuss it. However, this is an issue that can only be solved by a frank discussion, and when that is done, it might seem like there was no problem in the first place.
Listed below are some things that can lead to a lower sexual drive. It is to be noted that women and men have different reasons leading to reduced libido.
- Reduced hormone levels: The most prominent cause is reduced levels of testosterone and estrogen, which are hormones required for development of sexual characteristics in males and females respectively. The levels can reduce depending on various reasons from hypogonadism to loss of ovaries to psychological stress to medications to drinking and smoking. The first step in managing this would be to establish the fact that there are reduced hormone levels and pin the cause for it. Most people respond almost immediately to replacement therapy. Additionally, in some cases, the cause for reduced hormones can be addressed when identified.
- Physiological problems: Especially in women, if there is painful intercourse, then the drive is naturally reduced. The reason for the pain could be spasms or infection and need to be identified and treated. Psychological constraints are another major reason that most females have painful intercourse. Counselling along with therapy, if required can help these patients.
- Medications: From antidepressants to antihypertensives, though they are meant to cure some medical condition, they lead to some other condition. Drugs like selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs), tricyclic antidepressants (TCA), and beta-adrenergic blockers are famous for their ability to reduce libido.
- Lifestyle habits: From smoking to drinking alcohol to junk food to lack of exercise, the effect on libido is very strong. Smoking decreases blood flow in general, which leads to reduced desire.
- Chronic diseases: Whether it is depression or diabetes, hypertension or hyperlipidemia, they all have an indirect effect on the sex drive of a person. Additionally, the constant stress of having to monitor health and maintain a good lifestyle has an effect on the overall health and definitely on the sex drive. In some cases, this could lead to drinking and smoking and use of medications all of which again can affect the sex drive. It goes into a vicious cycle and the patient needs to accept some facts and manage to work around the others.
It is indeed very stressful when a person finds out that he has a low sexual drive. However, it is not impossible to manage with a little help and support, both from the partner and the doctor.