Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sudha ShenoyYour feedback matters!
My tooth had broken few years back. I consult a dentist and he said that I have to get operation for root canal. Is the operation can get me normal? 8.
I usually use to brush my tooth twice a day one at morning and another at before going to bed I use close up diamond attraction toothpaste. But still my tooth gets decayed so please suggest me what should I have already done por composite on my few tooth so please suggest me what I do now.
I had my braces takes off 1 year ago and now I feels that my teeth are shifting back to its old position so anything needful to be done in regards of this. Thanks.
I have teeth problem. There is many cabitise in my teeth and one my teeth has broken. How can I clean my teeth?
Hello, my teeth are very yellow. Is is ude of tumeric in food. I don't know why my teeth specially inner side is very yellowish, dirty looking inspite of regular brush. Its is not washed by toothpaste. Any home remedy to get white teeth without any problem. Pls answer.
I brush twice daily. But still my teeth is not getting white color. I am using sensodyne tooth paste. What should I do to get rid of the yellow stains.
I have problem with my teeth everyday I will face problem because every morning blood has released so how can solve these problem?
I have continue gum bleeding from past 5 months what would I do to get rid of this problem. Please suggest me as soon as you can.
There are white dots on my lips. And I feel discomfort on mouth and on tongue. I can not eat any spicy food. I am suffering this from 15 days. Can you guide me what type of medication I needed ?
I got tooth pain. I think it is wisdom teeth. I got it at left bottom jaw. Its paining very much. Can you suggest me a solution for this problem?
I am 25 year female, my upar teeth is come out more in mouth, and I am suffering in this, so How can I resolving my problem,
The tooth is made of 3 layers, each with unique characteristics and specific function, the enamel, dentin, and pulp. The enamel is the outermost layer of the tooth and gives the tooth it's hard and lustrous appearance. The enamel is thicker on the crown than the root and is the first one to be affected by tooth decay. The only symptom when the enamel is decayed is food lodgment and discoloration.
The dentin is the next layer, which is composed of minute fine tubules leading from the enamel to the living portion of the tooth, which is the pulp. Once decay progresses from the enamel, the dentin is affected, and this leads to sensitivity in the teeth. When the root portion is exposed to the oral environment, because the root is covered by a more delicate substance called cementum, more severe dental sensitivity ensues.
There is a sharp, shooting discomfort through the tooth to specific foods, such as sweet, acidic, or hot or cold foods. The main reasons for tooth sensitivity include:
- Tooth decay, both crown and root caries
- Periodontal disease and gum recession
- Tooth erosion
- Aggressive tooth brushing
- Mouth breathing
- Bruxism or night grinding
However, there are some simple ways to manage sensitivity, which can be done regularly at home.
- Toothpaste made for sensitive teeth: Potassium nitrate has been shown to block the tubules and has been included as an active ingredient in toothpastes. These are very effective, and if you are brushing twice, this can be used instead of the regular paste once.
- Brushing: Both the type of toothbrush and the brushing technique can have an impact on sensitivity. Change to softer brushes and learn the ideal way to brush your teeth. A lot of times, rough brushing can lead to erosion and subsequent sensitivity
- Rinsing: Fluoride containing rinses have been proven to reduce sensitivity
- Food habits: Even before sensitivity sets in, being cautious to avoid acidic fruits and juices can help prolong the onset of sensitivity. If possible, consuming these food stuffs should be followed by brushing or at the least a thorough rinsing
- Sealants: If a person is prone to caries (deep pits and fissures, for instance), then it is advisable to get sealants applied on the teeth. This can reduce the instance of wearing of the enamel which then leads to sensitivity
- Mouth guard: If you are a night grinder, then a mouth guard can help curtail this habit and thereby reduce sensitivity.
There you go with how to reduce sensitivity. Try these simple, easy measures and go on to enjoy the sweets or hot or cold foods that you have always craved for.