Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Sudha GuptaYour feedback matters!
Hi I am 27 yrs old and I got married before 5 months. After marriage periods is getting delay about 7-10 days but before marriage it was at time. Kindly resolve my problem as soon as possible thanks regards
How good you perform in bed depends not only in your moves, but strangely and incredibly on what you eat. A good sexual life is desired by all and if that is linked with food, it only makes the prospect attainable and easy.
Some of the foods which help you spice up your sex life are:
- Strawberries: The reputation of strawberries as an aphrodisiac is well known as well as well established. According to research, strawberry considerably improves sexual functioning in men and women. At the same time, it is rich in antioxidants and increases sperm count in men.
- Avocados: It is a common knowledge that anything that helps the functioning of heart and enhances blood circulation works as a great boost for the sex life. It is precisely this that makes Avocadoes a great option to improve your sex life. Being rich in vitamin E, they work wonders for the heart, thereby reducing the risk of an erectile dysfunction that most men suffering from heart diseases tend to develop.
- Almonds: It is common knowledge that almonds are good not only for your health, but also for spicing up your sex life. Being rich in selenium, almonds help in treating problems related to infertility. At the same time, they boost libido in men and increase the production of sex hormones in men.
- Sweet potatoes: Unknown to many, sweet potatoes are a great aphrodisiac. Packed with potassium, they help in preventing high blood pressure, thereby reducing chances of erectile dysfunction.
- Sesame seeds: Sesame seeds, a common ingredient in many of your food items, are packed with zinc. It is this that makes them an excellent source for boosting libido.
- Watermelon: This may top your list as a favorite fruit as it provides considerable relief in summer but what you may know is that along with low calories, it is high in phytonutrients, thereby helping in improving your sex life.
I got very light period for 2-3 days. After that continuously facing yellow discharge. It happened with me (light period) once but got proper period by sysron NCR tablet. Now its happening again. Is it my period (light period) or I should wait for proper period? Its been 10 days passed from my period date . I have faced this issue in April too. I have negative pregnancy test. What can cause all this?
I had sex with my boyfriend dt 02.02. 16 and had taken I pill on 04 /02/16 2.00 afternoon before 54 hours so please reply whether it will stop my pregnancy.
Pregnancy is a really beautiful as well as a very sensitive phase in a woman’s life. Craving for your favourite food in the middle of the night, or even throughout the day, is a perfectly normal phenomenon. Although you deserve to be pampered with your favourite food, however, there are certain foods which irrespective of cravings you really need to avoid for the well being of that tiny little life inside you.
Here is a list of food items to be avoided during pregnancy.
Starting with fruits, papaya and pineapples are big negatives. These fruits contain substances that produce uterine contractions inducing labour, and thus, abortion.
Sesame seeds also tend to excite uterine muscles thereby causing contractions which may lead to abortion. So it would be an intelligent step to avoid intake of these. Other dry fruits like raisins, dates, almonds, walnuts, pistachios are safe to consume in a moderate amount.
Spices that make way into this list include fennel and fenugreek seeds. These may induce uterine contractions too.
Although fish is rich in omega 3 and is an important food to include in the pregnancy diet, intake of some sorts of fish might not be a good idea. Here is a list of the kinds of fishes that should be avoided.
Fishes containing mercury
Smoked or refrigerated seafood.
Fishes cultured in polluted water
Shellfish that is undercooked. Eg, clams, mussels, oyster
Undercooked or raw eggs may be tainted with salmonella bacteria that might cause vomiting and diarrhoea. Desserts or sauces containing raw or uncooked egg should be avoided.
Any form of undercooked or treated meat or poultry. This is because a parasite named toxoplasma may be present that might cause excessive food poisoning which in turn could cause foetal damage or miscarriage.
Milk is one of the essential foods in pregnancy diet; however, any sort of unpasteurized milk is strictly negative.
Sprouts and raw vegetables should be avoided. However, these can be eaten if shallow fried.
One major setback for coffee addicts is that caffeine intake is required to be lowered to minimum amounts; that is, not more than one cup a day.
Canned food as well as street food.
There are many more little details that should be taken care of but this list would be handy for newly pregnant women. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.
Happy birthday to all. Bcoz you going to start a new life from tomorrow
Diet and workout is a key to success.
Eat frequent meals
Avoid junk food
Drink 3-5lts of water a day
Switch to healthy snacks like nuts, dry fruits etc
Tried to start your day with lime and honey 1tsp with water in empty stomach
Breakfast focus on carbs and healthy fats. Eg oats n almonds with a glass of milk, can add egg for protein
Before lunch drink juice any or a apple
Focus on sandwich with fruit for lunch. If possible prepare at home
Snacks eat healthy mentioned above.
Finally dinner. Tried to eat less food and 1st glass of milk n alot of water. So your stomach fill.
Workout. Cardio is best with little weight training.
Regular diet n workout if your willing to see result.
Nothing comes in a night. Wait wait wait.
I am 26 year female, I have just received the results of a pelvic ultrasound, which says: The Endometrium is in Midline. It is measure 9.9 mm. Mobile internal echoes are noted- could represent blood products. What does this mean please?
Hi I am 28 yrs old female. I had my periods start on 1st dec and on third day that is on 3rd dec I had fever with temp 103.3 degrees celcius with shiver and damn bad headache. I was feeling like my head is goin heavy specially at the front, above the eyes and at the back plus I was feeling as someone is stretching my intestines in stomach badly. In the evening I had vomit then at night I had consulted a local physician nearby and he gave me medicine. Withing half an hour my headache and fever ws gone but stomach and lower abdominal and pelvic pain was still there. Then on 4th dec in the morning 4: 15 a. M I had damn bad abdominal pain (which covered the vagina, pelvic area in the centre and pelvic area in the right side and the pain is felt in anal side also) then I managed to take meftal spas and the pain ws less then before but it is still there. Now I feel tenderness in my stomach area, pelvic area and on vagina. Pain is still there in centre and right side of the pelvic area. Every time I cough or do anything its paining badly. please help and suggest what kind of problem is this. Recently last month I consulted gynae and se told I have vaginal infection and gave me medications for that. I guess it was cure but this pelvic pain problem I m facing from past 15-20 days. please help and suggest what is my problem and which doc should I consult?
I had my first pregnancy thru IUI (i had renal stone) Stone is still there but no pain. How safe it is to have another pregnancy with renal stone.
Namasty sir, I am 25 years old and I am female. Yesterday I did sonography but I have a problem I am not understanding the meaning of minimum free fluid in POD and in utres 7.5×4.3×3.3 cm or BT=6.7 mm.
Actually I got engaged in sex last month and sperm was discharged inside.I want to abort it with pills can you suggest me about this plz.
Im 25 year old I have gone through acl surgery and it has been 2 months and my period cycle is not regular.
I have irregular periods, and also coming daily mth, but I don't have children what will do for this?
Libido or sex drive means the desire to have sex; there are a number of reasons that can lead to low libido. There are a number of methods by which you can increase your libido, some of them are:
- Exercise: Exercise is one of your major weapons against low libido; make sure to exercise on a regular basis as it helps in improving circulation in the body. Do various exercises such as squats and push-ups to improve your strength and endurance. It is known to increase production of sex hormones and endorphins in the body.
- Limit Smoking: Smoking cigarettes causes complications in the body as it is known to be a vasoconstrictor. The blood vessels tend to narrow, thus leading to damage in the arteries and veins. The veins of the penis may be damaged leading to sexual problems.
- Stress Reduction: You may adopt various techniques such as meditation and yoga to reduce stress levels in the body. Stress raises cortisol levels in the body which can hamper your sex life.
- Sleep: You need to sleep adequately and sleep sound as sleeping deficiency has been linked with erectile dysfunction. Sleep also revitalizes your body and releases beneficial hormones in the body.
- Restrict Alcohol Consumption: It is important that you restrict alcohol consumption as alcohol in excess may lead to obesity and other related disorders. It may also lead to mental health problems such as anxiety which can impair sexual drive.
- Cut Down on Coffee: Coffee is a known vasoconstrictor as it tends to narrow your blood vessels. It limits blood flow, thus may reduce your sex drive. Make sure you limit coffee intake to 1 or 2 cups of coffee to avoid the complications.
- Diet: Include plenty of vegetables and fruits in your diet to get the necessary nutrients in your diet. Vegetables such as cabbage and broccoli contain antioxidants that protect your body against free radical damage. Include oily fish such as salmon that is rich in omega 3 fatty acids because they help in improving sexual drive.
Chikungunya is a viral disease transmitted to people by the bite of an infectious mosquito known as Aedes Aegypti. The chikungunya infection is most prevalent in Africa, Southeast Asia, the Indian subcontinent and Indian Ocean islands, where various incidents of these disease and certain outbreaks have occurred over the years.
Humans and different animals are the regular hosts for the chikungunya virus, which can turn out to be very painful if it is not treated on time with proper medical care and intervention. The virus is spread to people by the bite of a female mosquito called Aedes aegypti or Aedes Albopictus. These are the same tropical and sub-tropical mosquitoes that spread the dengue virus. They breed in or close to human habitations and want to feed on people during the daytime in shady zones. These are likely to bite you at during the early hours of the evening or at night. The hatching time frame (time from disease to sickness) can be anywhere between two to 12 days.
Symptoms: Chikungunya infection is characterised by the following symptoms:
- High or blazing fever
- Extreme joint pain for the most part in the arms and legs
- Pain in the muscle
- Pain in the back
- Body ache
- Rash (in about 50% of the infected people)
A vast majority begins to feel better following 7 to 10 days but a few people will go through longer term joint pain.
- There is no particular medicine to prevent chikungunya. There is no antibiotic that can help in doing away with it - it usually abates on its own. Chikungunya treated on the basis of a patient's symptoms. However, there are some precautions and alternate medications that can be used as a cure.
- Bed rest, liquids, and medication to soothe side effects of fever and hurting. Asprin should be avoided.
- Personal protection and a hygienic environment is important to prevent the growth of the illness.
Since this virus does not have a vaccine or any particular medicine, one should try to stay away from mosquitos as much as possible. Covering yourself up while travelling, especially in the evening is the best approach to prevent it.