Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Sudha DatarYour feedback matters!
Hi, I had unprotected sex before 2 days and I found large amount of wet powered discharge from private part yesterday with odor, today I found without odor milky discharge, I trying for conceive please advice. Please advice me with ovulation days, when I can have sex to get conceive. LMP is 27th April, 2016 and this ime I got my periods in 35 days, before months and all I got within 32 days, is this normal?
What breakfast should be given to your kids before exams?
When you are studying for your finals, good nutrition slides down on the priority list. Eat smart during morning. The idea is to get some protein, calcium, fibre etc. A bowl of cereal with milk and a piece of fruit would do the trick. The best food is banana, blueberries etc for your brain as they are the powerful antioxidants and contain natural sugar which offers clear energy.
You can add scrambled eggs, spinach, bell peppers, brocolli to your meal. The darker the color, the higher the concentration of nutrients.
How much is tea or coffee adivised?
Coffee/tea contains caffeine which is a stimulant. Too much caffeine can interfere in calcium absorption and affects the proper growth. In addition adding cream or sugar can leads to weight gain and cavities. Few sips is no big deal. In children who consume caffein may have some negative cardiovascular and neurological effects like anxiety, insomnia, mood swings, hyperactivity, poor appetite. As caffein is an addictive and addiction in any age is bad especially in childhood. Still if you want to take tea or coffee then I say not more than 150 mg (2 cups) to avoid negative side effects.
What should kids eat during the preparation to avoid sleep and laziness?
They shouls eat smaller 5-6 meals in a day rather than going for heavy breakfast, lunch, dinner to avoid sleep and laziness. They should eat smarter to maintain physical and mental energy necessary to study well. Eg iron rich food - meat, cereal, spinach.
Vitamin rich food like whole grain, wheat germ, eggs, nuts etc
Fish and soya are tge brain boosters
Smart snacking can enhance studying. It not only balance the nutrient levels but also keep blood sugar level stable. Eg a small baked potato or sweet potato, a banana etc
Last but not the least, you have to stay hydrated, as discussed caffein should be kept to a minimum. Better choices include water, fruit juices, milk, antioxidant rich green tea etc.
Good luck for the exams.
My gf finished her periods and now we had have to elestra how to start it can I start it now because its 2nd day of finished periods ?
I am 23 years old, I am having sex and suddenly got heavy bleeding of blood red that means dark red colour. Why it happened I want to know?
The amount of emotional upheaval that periods, or no periods (for that matter) can cause, is something that every woman is aware of. It's normal to miss your period for different reasons occasionally, but it is a matter of concern if this absence persists over a period of time. The condition is then termed as a case of secondary amenorrhea. Although most people are quick to consider pregnancy while dealing with the various reasons for missed periods, there are a number of possibilities which are seldom mulled over, but should be considered in order to take effective precautions and seek proper medical care:
- Weight: Body weight is responsible for affecting hypothalamus and this may, in turn, upset your menstrual cycle. BMI level under 18-19 may result in triggering irregularities since enough estrogen will not be created. This is also why underweight women, who suffer from bulimia or anorexia, tend to miss their periods frequently. On the other hand, overweight women may stop ovulating due to increase in the production of estrogen and therefore, have heavy, infrequent periods. Therefore, it is essential that body weight be regulated to avoid any disappointment at 'the time of the month.'
- Stress: Any type of physical or emotional stress is bound to affect your cycle. This is because, the production of stress hormones in the body increases and an elevated level of adrenaline and cortisol may impair the functioning of the reproductive system. Under stressful situations, the body employs its amino acids to assist the neurotransmitters to produce stress hormones over sex hormones. As a consequence, the chances of missing your periods increase.
- Exercising Too Much: While regular workout is indispensable for battling a sedentary lifestyle, overdoing it might cause your body to produce lesser estrogen and delay your periods. Women, who are into athletics and gymnastics, are more likely to suffer from amenorrhea. In fact, other aspects of over-exercising, like sleeping less, fasting, and infections also contribute to such irregularities.
- Breastfeeding: Prolactin is the hormone that aids in milk production and may also repress ovulation for a while. Many breastfeeding moms may not get their periods for a month or more as a result. But this doesn't do away with your chances of getting pregnant. A span of three months is expected to pass before the abnormalities are done away with.
- Food Allergies: Celiac disease or untreated gluten allergy can directly harm hormone production. They are directly related to your gut health and your adrenal glands which is why they can influence the sex hormone creation.
Would you like to share this interesting fact with family or friends? go ahead and share!
I had a c sec delivery on 13 dec 2014. Now me and my husband have started making love but no protection. Since i haven't done my tubectomy & my husband cannot due to his BP issues. I wanted to check if I can start taking contraceptive pills without being in mentrual cycles? Thank you
I am 24 years old. I have a personal question. Few days ago when I was trying to masturbate I found blood in my fingers. I never saw this when my husband did it. Is it just due to a nail scratch or something serious?
I'm taking metformin 500 bd.... Bt these days I m experiencing continuos weakness n breathlessness n wholebody aches. Plz advise why this cud be so
I want to know about My wife, she is pregnant 20 days. Now I don't want baby. So what can we do, His last period was 11/11/2016. Pls help me.
20 daysbefore I have sexual course and now am having problem regarding mensuration 11 days pass but I do not have mensuration little bloods comes out from my vagina from yesterday so help me please.
Hi doctor I am on krimson 35 tablets for pcod problem for the past 3 months and yest I had unprotected sex and I am in the middle of the krimson 35 course for this month. Should I take any other pill for avoiding pregnancy?
I am 25 years old. Mujhe 1 december 2015 ko baby hui thi but uski body me bhut si problems ki wajah se uski 24 january ko death ho gayi Abhi mujhe koi baby nhi h. Nd mujhe twins baby chahiye.
Hi, my wife had her period on 31 Mar 16, when will the fertile days occur to her? And as we plan for baby so how many times we intercourse in a day?
With terminal illnesses like cancer, the disease is not the only thing that requires treatment. In addition to controlling the severity and spread of the main disease, the effect it has on the other body systems including emotional, social, psychological problems and also physical issues like pain and inflammation. Though the disease has reached an advanced stage and cannot be cured, the patient can be made to be pain-free and at peace to the extent possible.
The goal of palliative care is not to cure - in fact, palliative care is in place for diseases like cancer from the time it is diagnosed and treatment is begun but becomes the major component of treatment once the cancer is identified to be in terminal stages. Therapeutic care aimed at curing the cancer is gradually reduced and palliative care assumes a bigger role. This is also called as symptomatic care, supportive care, or comfort care.
Aspects of palliative care: Once the disease is identified to be in terminal stages, then the following become considerations:
- Stay at home or hospital
- Withdraw chemotherapy and radiation?
- Withdraw feeding tube
- Spiritual discussions
- Reduce anxiety
- Good quality time with the family
- Reduce pain and suffering
As is evident, there is a huge component of social/emotional/spiritual management in addition to reducing pain and suffering:
- Physical: Pain, fatigue, shortness of breath, sleeplessness, loss of appetite are some symptoms that need to be managed. In addition to pain killers, small exercises can be included to make them feel better, even if it is just getting a breath of fresh air.
- Social: Depression (learn the ways to handle depression), anxiety, uncertainty, fear are all looming large and they are not sure how to manage these feelings. Talking to a counselor or some close family member or friend can be a big relief - the burden is off their chest.
- Legal: There could be issues related to property, insurance, property that also need to be discussed. External help can be sought if required to provide financial counselling and legal advice.
- Spiritual: Looking into the spiritual needs and understanding the deeper meaning of life, restoring faith are some things that also can help them feel better. "Why did this happen to me?" is a question most people keep asking and while there is no answer, some solace can be provided through talks.
It is to be noted that palliative care is not just for the patient. The caretakers (family and close friends) are equally in need of some support. So, once the patient is identified to be in terminal stages, all effort is made so the final leg of the journey is peaceful and as painless as possible.