Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sudha DatarYour feedback matters!
My friend had her periods on 3rd of august. Her period length this time was 35 days. She had her last period on 29 june. Her length at that time was 39 days. She got fingered with pre cum on 14th july night and had two unwanted 72 by 17th. On 3rd aug she had her normal bleeding. But since 2nd day. The amount of blood loss is less compared to usual. Is there any thing to worry about or it is just an impact of the pills. Waiting for a reply.
My penis does not stand. When I am with my wife, no sensation or no feeling of sex comes. Even since last 4 month, I never masturbated. Also no night fall or self discharge since last 4 month. I am newly married and suffering from diabetes. I have undergone check up of testosterone level and found 310. When I try to masturbate, penis stands after some more time. One more thing, when I fantasy with some other girl, it stands. But in normal cases, I do not have feeling of sex in my routing life.
I am 18 and pregnant with my first child. I took folic acid and other supplements for 3 months and then stopped, and carelessly ate what I felt like. When my pregnancy reached 32 weeks I had a usg and doc said my baby is only 1950 gms at 32 weeks which is not a good weight. I started to take all the supplements all good things veggies, folate and vitamin drinks. But I am very stressed and guilty I did not took proper care of my fetus, I am worried if he will have spina bifida or any other complication? I am so worried what should I eat and what I should not. Should I eat bread and cornflakes or white rice. By the way, my feet or body are swollen, I never had back pain, I am in a very good condition, my hair is all shiny long and amazing, my baby kicks a lot and those kicks are very strong, I never had constipation, I have 3 4 bowel movements a day, Are these things considered for a healthy pregnancy?
I have taken meprate previously for irregular periods. Now its regular and I am getting married in a month.I wanted to know what's the best medicine for contraception.
Hi doctor, I underwent my iui on 9th of march and today is my 13th day after iui. I got few drops of blood when I urinated. Is that normal or does it says that my iui didn't work. Please advise. Thanks
Hello, need urgent suggestion. I am 7 months pregnant and have gestational thyroid. Taking 75 thyroxine. But today by mistake instead of 75 I have taken 100 .now I am scared to death that I have done smthng thats going to harm my baby badly. please plz please suggest something.
Dear sir /mam we want a 1 boy and I have a 1 girl and we are trying for baby but we r unable so please tell me what we do.
Vitamin D and pregnancy go hand in hand. Expecting mothers need to ensure they get the recommended amounts of vitamin D during pregnancy for the healthy development of the baby as well as their own well-being.
Vitamin D is a fat-soluble vitamin obtained mostly from consuming fortified milk or juice, fish oils and dietary supplements. It also is produced in the skin by exposure to sunlight. Vitamin D, which is ingested or produced in the skin must undergo hydroxylation in the liver and kidney to promote absorption of calcium from the gut to enable normal bone mineralization and growth. Severe maternal vitamin D deficiency has been associated with congenital rickets and disordered skeletal homeostasis coupled with fractures in the newborn during pregnancy. Vitamin D is necessary for the metabolism and absorption of phosphorus and calcium. Many studies are finding a connection between low serum vitamin D levels and an increased risk of certain types of autoimmune disease, cancers, insulin resistance, neurological disease and cardiovascular disease.
Latest studies have shown that vitamin D deficiency is common during pregnancy especially among women residing in northern latitudes, living in cold climates or wear sun and winter protective clothing and ethnic minorities, especially those with darker skin. As the vitamin D level of newborn is largely dependent on maternal vitamin D status, the infants of mothers with vitamin D deficiency are also at risk of vitamin D deficiency. Inadequate level of vitamin D can lead to abnormal bone growth, fractures, or rickets in newborns. Deficiency of vitamin D leads to a higher risk of pregnancy complications like gestational diabetes, premature birth and low birth weight.
The symptoms of a vitamin D deficiency include aching muscles, bone pain, and softened bones leading to fractures. Fish liver oil, fatty fish, and eggs are excellent food source for Vitamin D. It is difficult to get sufficient vitamin D from food, which makes it necessary to have vitamin D supplements. Since the skin uses the sun's rays to produce vitamin D, limited sun exposure is recommended. Exposure to the sun's ultraviolet rays intensifies the pigment changes causing skin darkening in pregnant women. Thus, most doctors endorse that pregnant women protect themselves from the sun and get their vitamin D from supplements. The average prenatal vitamin contains 400 IU of vitamin D, which makes it imperative that additional supplements should be taken. The significant compounds for human development are D2 and D3. The best way to really ensure adequate vitamin D is through simple supplementation. Ergocalciferol is the vegetarian form of vitamin D, whereas cholecalciferol is the animal-sourced form, derived from fish liver oil or lanolin from sheep. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
We got married 5 months ago, and had engaged regularly, even my wife doesn't get conceived. We both have consult a doctor, they did scan and report showing, as she has a Bilateral PCOD. Please advise what should we do now.
Hello mam: Mai meri gf na pregnancy test v karva liya hai usko bataya gaya tha ki 2, 3dino ma periods aa jaiyega par aisa kuch nahi hua, abhi tak periods nahi aaya please mam help kijiye or kuch aisa bataiye ki jaldi sa periods aa jaia.
Hi, I'm 28 years old. Post pregnancy I increased my weight tremendously. I want to loose 10 kgs suffering with tsh and PCOD, How can I do this?
- Contact of mouth of one partner with the genitals of the other is known as oral sex. Stimulation of the male genitals by tongue, lip and mouth is known as fellatio, and oral stimulation of the female genitals is called cunnilingus.
- Either from of oral- genital sex can be done with partner stimulating the other individually. Fellatio and cunnilingus are used to induce or heighten the sexual arousal. Vatsyayan has labeled oral- genital sex ‘Auparishtak’ and mentioned 8 different ways of performing it.
- Licking, sucking, kissing and rubbing of genitals and motion employed can make the person feel good due to moisture and warmth of oral – genital contact. In fellatio, methods of stimulation include sucking the glans or shaft of penis, licking penis or scrotum and kissing anywhere along the genitals. The glans and frenulum are particularly sensitive to oral stimulation. Many women are highly aroused by licking or sucking of clitoris during cunnilingus. Oral stimulation of minor lips and of vaginal opening is also practiced. Some women are uncomfortable with fellatio because they feel gagging.
- Some women do not want the man to ejaculate in her mouth, though there is no health risk in swallowing semen accidentally.
- Oral – genital sex is quite common and many see it as normal and pleasurable part of lovemaking. While many people are interested in the pleasure of oral – genital sex others consider it dirty, perverted and unnatural. Many think genitals as unclean. From a scientific viewpoint, the oral genital contact is no less hygienic than mouth-to-mouth kissing, provided the parts are kept clean. About 60 percent of American couples perform oral- genital sex.
- Though oral- genital sex does not give rise to any disease, during fellatio, man should not thrust his erect penis deep into the throat as it may cause vomiting or choking. Cunnilingus should not be performed during pregnancy, as it may cause air embolism resulting in sudden death. Person having STI or HIV infection should avoid oral genital sex.
- No one should be forced or coerced in doing anything he or she opposes. Men seem to be interested more in oral genital sex than women. However , it she has aversion of performing oral genital sex, he should not insist on it.
I had mc on 8 june and its bleeding alot. Its clotted type bleeding. Am I having any disease? How can it be cure.
PCOS or polycystic ovarian syndrome is a hormonal disorder that is very common among women, in their reproductive age. It is the condition in which cysts are formed in the ovary of the affected woman and/or the levels of the male hormone called androgen increases in her body.
As a result of these, she faces a variety of symptoms like late or no periods, heavy menstrual bleeding, the growth of facial hair, unintended weight gain, acne and pain in the pelvic region. It is also associated with problems related to conception and pregnancy in more complex conditions.
While the complete cure of PCOS is a time-consuming process since it demands thorough observation regarding the change of symptoms in the patient over a period of time; and the course of treatment follows these observations.
Although PCOS and its symptoms can be treated using conventional drugs, use of homeopathic medications is better to treat this condition for the following reasons.
Treatment addressing the root-cause
Using homeopathy for PCOS is a good idea because it offers permanent treatment for the condition. Homeopathy treats and cures the root cause of the condition rather than focussing on the external factors that cause the disease. Therefore, the treatment offered by homeopathy is more reliable. For example, the medicines prescribed for an interrupted period is different from the medicines prescribed for profuse bleeding.
No side effects
Homeopathic treatment is based on the belief that the human body was meant to remain disease free always. So it never tries to make use of drugs that can disturb the body's ability to function naturally. All that homeopathic medications do is to restore the vitality of the body so that it can find its way out of the disease all by itself. This kind of a treatment ensures that there are no side-effects whatsoever of homeopathic medicines.