Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sudeep Sarkar
Submit a review for Dr. Sudeep SarkarYour feedback matters!
Age 56. How to prevent prostrate from enlarging? psa count normal. Urine flow test normal so far. Ultrasound indicates enlarged prostrate. Is there a preventive method to stop prostrate enlargement?
My grandfather has undergone a prostate operation twice his age is nearly 85 so will the same problem is continuing after the operation. What should be done?
My friend is suffering from carcinoma sarcoma of gall bladder type 4 stage cancer. I want to know about the treatment process and hes chances to survive as I am really very worried about him he is 42 years of age .please reply me soon.
While massaging my body today I got something hard on the left on my breast. It's something like a lump, when I pressed it. I felt pain. Please tell me what is it? Is it something to worry about?
Sir/mam I found breast lump in one of my breast since 10 months back but there is no pain symptoms or size increase of lump only pain in time of menses my age is 22 piz tell me it will cause any breast cancer in future what precautions I should take. Tq.
My breast size is 38. From last 5 days my breast had became harder and there is pain in these. Plzzz suggest smtng.
Ovarian cancer takes place when the cells in either of your ovaries have an abnormal growth. The ovaries are two small organs, situated on either side of your uterus. They deliver female sex hormones and store and discharge eggs (ova) that help a woman reproduce. Ovarian cancer is a serious disease that emerges from various sorts of cells and growths inside the ovary.
Specialists do not know precisely what causes ovarian cancer. Hereditary qualities, for example and other DNA changes, are a danger element for few ladies. Around 10 out of 100 ovarian cancers are thought to be brought about by quality transformations in the BRCA1 or BRCA2 genes. Women who go through changes due to these carrier genes are more at risk of contracting ovarian cancer.
The earliest symptoms of ovarian cancer are as follows:
- Frequent bloating in the uterus or stomach area.
- Pain in your pelvis or belly.
- Inconvenience while eating, or feeling full quickly.
- Urinary issues, for example, a critical need to urinate or urinating more frequently than expected.
The disease is usually suspected after an ultrasound suggests an ovarian cyst with a specific appearance. If there is a suspicion of ovarian cancer on ultrasound, you doctor may ask for a blood test for markers like CA-125, CEA, AFP, etc.
Treatment options for ovarian cancer:
The decision of treatment and the long-term result for ladies who have ovarian cancer relies upon the sort and phase of cancer they are in. Your age, general wellbeing, personal satisfaction, and wish to get pregnant should be considered. The primary treatment methods for ovarian cancer are:
- Surgery to see whether you have cancer or not and to treat it. This may include taking biopsies to check for the spread of cancer.
- Chemotherapy, which uses medications to kill the cancerous cells. It is suggested after surgery for most phases of ovarian cancer.
- Women who are in a more progressive stage of ovarian cancer may have a portion of their chemotherapy before surgery and whatever is left of it after surgery. This can make the surgery more secure for these women.
- Radiation treatment might be utilized to pulverize the cancer cells with the help of high-measurement X-ray beams or other high-vitality beams.
Side Effects of Treatment Methods:
Most medications for ovarian cancer cause reactions. They may vary, depending upon the kind of treatment, your age and general well-being. Reactions of surgery rely on the degree of your surgery and spread of the disease. In case your specialist removes your ovaries, you lose the capacity to bear children with your own eggs. The option of egg freezing should be discussed before resorting to this step. Furthermore, if both ovaries are removed, it leads to menopausal symptoms.
Symptoms of chemotherapy may incorporate loss of appetite and weight, queasiness, fatigue, vomiting, nausea and hair loss.
One should get regular or annual check-ups done to see if there are problems in any parts of the bodies since natural symptoms of cancer are only visible after a certain stage. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
I am suffering with prostrate of 124 cc , doctor suggested for lazer surgery. is there any treatment other than surgery? I have problem in passing the urine. At preent I am talking urimax capsule in a day and feel relief.
The food you eat is critical for your overall wellbeing as a number of cancers that affect the human body are of gastrointestinal origin. Stick to organic and chemical free foods to live a healthier life since they reduce the risk of cancer substantially. Regular consumption of the food items mentioned below increase your risk of developing cancer, as well as many other conditions and should be avoided at all costs.
- Microwave Popcorn- Most microwave-popcorn bags are lined with c8, also known as perfluorooctanoic acid (PFOA) which increases the risk of certain cancers such as kidney, testicular, bladder, pancreas and liver cancer notably. Microwave popcorn also contains an artificial or synthetic butter flavoring called diacetyl which is extremely toxic and obstructs breathing.
- Canned Tomatoes- While tomatoes are considered to be cancer fighting foods, their canned counterparts are extremely unhealthy and may cause cancer. This is mainly due to the lining of the cans they are put in which contains a chemical known as bisphenol-A or BPA that has been proven to elevate the risk of infertility as well as prostate and breast cancer. Due to their (tomatoes) high acidity, BPA leaks from the lining of the cans and penetrates into the fruit. Tomatoes should be cooked fresh or stored in glass jars.
- Processed/Grilled Red Meat- Processed meats such as sausages, prosciutto, bacon, pimento loaf, bologna, hot dogs etc., contain various chemicals and preservatives such as sodium nitrate. This is added to make the meat look fresh and appealing but are, in fact, carcinogenic in nature. Moreover, you should also avoid grilling meat since it releases a carcinogen known as heterocyclic aromatic amines. Another dangerous food item includes smoked meat since it picks up tar from the smoking process.
- Farmed Salmon- It is imperative to avoid farmed salmon because they are fed unnatural diets that are contaminated with carcinogens, antibiotics, chemicals, pesticides and so on. They also harbor sea lice, 30 times greater in amount than wild salmon. High levels of PCBs, cancer causing dioxins, and mercury have been found in them. It is advisable to opt for wild sockeye salmon instead of farmed salmon. Consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
My friend is suffering from severe leg pain n left breast pain. why is it so. Is there any tablet to cure the pain?
What is cancer. Symptoms of cancer. How can it be treated. Why it is so dangerous disease. How can we prevent this disease.
Hello meri wife ke boobs kabhi kabhi pain hote the phir usne unko press karna or vaginal masturbation karna start kar diya lagbhag 3-4 months tak usne aisa kya lekin ab uske boobs me zada pain hota hai aur is bar usko period, period date se 8 din pehle hi aa gya tha to iske kya reasons ho sakte hai kya ise serious lena chahiye ya ab usko kya karna chahiye jisse uski period date aur boobs ka pain sahi ho jaye please help soon.
Only men have prostate gland and it surrounds that part of the tube which carries urine out of the body from the bladder. When cells in this gland start growing without any control and get clumped with each other, they form tumors. It is then the chances of prostate cancer arise in the men's body. These tumors can be malignant, and they can kill the healthy tissues of your body and spread to other body parts.
Chances of getting prostate cancer
The chances of getting prostate cancer are among men who are over 65 years of age. The ratio of getting prostate cancer is one among six men. It is more common in black men compared to white men, Hispanic men and Asian men. Moreover, when there is history of prostate cancer in your family, the chances of having prostate cancer increases.
Now, let's find out the symptoms that will let you know that you may have prostate cancer.
Symptoms of prostate cancer
There are different stages of prostate cancer and depending upon the stage you can get to know various symptoms.
However, the problem is that in the early stages there are no specific symptoms of prostate cancer. Certain urinary symptoms may suggest that you are suffering from prostate cancer. Such symptoms are:
- Frequent urination
- Difficulty with starting urine flow
- Urination that burns
- Blood in the urine
- Weak flow, or 'dribbling'
These symptoms always do not mean that you are suffering from prostate cancer, as these symptoms may be there when your prostate gland gets enlarged.
Another symptom associated with prostate cancer is pain in different parts of the body. When the cancerous cells spread they cause pain around the prostate gland. There can be pain in the hips, pelvis, and lower back or upper thighs.
Prostate gland also plays a major role in the male reproductive system. Thus, if there is any sexual dysfunction, there are chances that it may be due to prostate cancer. If you are having a problem in getting an erection or maintaining it also becomes difficult, one problem can be prostate cancer. Sometimes you may experience painful ejaculation, which also points towards chances of having prostate cancer.
Thus, if you experience any of the above mentioned symptoms, its right time to get to your physician. Remember that as there are no early symptoms, the moment you find any of these symptoms, you should pay a visit to your Doctor.
Related Tip: "Prostate Cancer and Its Psychological Impact"