Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Suchitra Samir DalvieYour feedback matters!
Does it affects to a baby if blood group of a husband and wife is different. Says positive and negative. If so what are the precautions to be take?
I am not having periods since 3-4 month I am a unmarried girl and. In this period my weight is gained from 45 to 52. And white and transparent liquid come from vagina since 3-4 month. Since my menstrual cycle start my periods are irregular..
I wanted to know dat during menopause do ladies gain weight. And also wat other problems do dey face.
Obesity is rapidly evolving as a public health issue for our country and as educated people we are responsible in contributing to the ever increasing problem. So what is there that leads to weight gain despite our all effort? The simplest answer is ignorance! Most of the person who are trying hard to curb on weight gain do not succeed in doing so due to inadequate and poor gathered information. Remaining hungry is not the solution for weight loss and we need to inculcate good habits in ourselves smartly to sustain it for long time, else you will loose kilos in few months and regain much more than that .This cycle would continue until we understand the basic of healthy eating.
So the important aspect is to make consistent and slow changes in our lifestyle to sustain ideal weight.
There are few bad habits to watch for:
- Fizzy drinks: Most of fizzy drinks are full of calories and they go down easy the throat. But before we realize we make our system take in loads of calories. Try to restrict on your soft drinks and prefer other beverages like lemon juice and coconut water, both of which can be refreshing with minimal calories.
- TV watching: Eating while watching TV is something which is a very prominent cause of gaining fat. Usually while on screen we tend to forget how much we have taken in and most of time we realize this when a packet full of chips becomes empty!!
- Lack of sleep: It has been shown that due to lack of sleep our hormone cycle gets disturbed and the cortisol levels change, leading to weight gain. Second if we remain awake for long time we tend to eat more , there by gaining extra calories.
- Shopping when hungry: Research has shown that when we buy our grocery when we are hungry, you tend to buy things which are easy to grab and are high in calorie dense. Hence always have a healthy food before you go for shopping.
- Desserts: Eating something after main course often leads to high calorie food intake like ice cream, sweets. So instead of these, try to take simple deserts like lemon water, or something non caloric. Best is to avoid it completely.
- Time of meal: Most of the time we try to postpone or skip our meal, ultimately this leads to severe hunger, making us eat whatever we can grab immediately. Most of the time this is high caloric fast food. Always plan your meals and carry healthy food items with you like fruits, sandwiches.
- Fat free/ sugar free food: Fat free or sugar free foods are not calorie free food items. We should always look for the portion size and amount of calorie we are going to have.
- Lack of exercise: Not taking time out for your regular exercise makes you gain weight and also makes you lazy.
- Going out to eat: Frequent outings leads to increase in the consumption of food high in calorie, sugar and salt, leading to weight gain. Restrict your outings to not more than once or twice a month.
- Dehydration: Drink lots of water, so that you keep on flushing out harmful toxins.
So to avoid being obese eat healthy and exercise regularly.
I had taken meprate tables before I know I am pregnant. But I didn't get period. After 15 days I went to gynaecologist and through home pregnancy test she confirmed I am pregnant. I also used homeopathy medicine for hormonal balance 5 days before the test. Last 2 weeks back in ultrasound scan it showed I am 4 to 5 weeks pregnant. Does these tablets affect my pregnancy? I am getting slight pain in vagina and abdomen sometimes and after we had sex. Is sex safe during this time? I have pcod problem since 7 years.
I m 30 years old i am pregnant for 5 week 3 days before 2 days bleeding start immediately please advise wat I do?
I have hairfall problem for last 2 years it become so thin and also I have the irregular periods for did I used medicine last 5 years now its cured am not taking any medicines. Now I want my hair growth and to increase the hair.
My wife has undergone IUI on March 19th. She is having pinkish red bleeding from April 2nd for 2 days. She is not having much bleeding today. She is also taking duphaston 10 mg everyday. Her new cycle is expected to start from April 5th. Can she still be pregnant?
Hello doctor. I am 24 yr old married (nov 2013) female, weight 5.4 inches (161 cm, weight 85kgs. Suffering with pcod since 1 year, with obesity from 6 mnths.& with thyroid from 4 mnths. Nw my tsh report is 5.6 & m using erithrodoxin 25 mg tablets for thyroid, my doctor suggested binhin, myonext tablets. And cant get feelins also. My husband's semen count is very good. I want to get pregnant fast, loss weight very fast. In howmany days I can get pregnant. Please give your valuable advices for me. And suggest effective diet chart. Thank you.
Ya but I don't know that I am pregnant when I know that I am pregnant .in this what can I do I am unmarried how I can deliver the baby sorry I can't do that please doctor help me to abort please either other chance is my death that's it please help me.
Doing breast massage while period is good or not? What is the best time for breast growth and how it can be enhanced? And also suggest some ways for breast growth. I am 21 years old.
Combipack of mifepristone tablets IP and misoprostol tablets IP. abortion pills. Kya ye suit krega mjhe.
My daughter age 11 years attained puberty on 3rd October 2016. But today 23rd October she got her periods again. First time the bleeding was less. But now the 2nd periods bleeding is normal. Could you please tell me whether it is normal to get periods so soon again or should I consult any gynaecologist.
My Best Friend have Herpes simplex and he was treated with home and he has no problem till date. But the person have no cure plzzz sent me any perfect cure option in this world. Only cure.
In some women, the periods cease suddenly. After a year of no menstruation, a woman is said to have gone through menopause. Menopause usually occurs between the ages of 45 and 52, although in some it may start as early as the late thirties and early forties. The symptoms of menopause are many, and most women go through a body and mind altering period during menopause.
Homoeopathic remedies offer a completely safe treatment for the various symptoms of menopause. Homoeopathic remedies for menopause are made of natural substances and have no side effects at all.
Symptoms of menopause
All women have to go through menopause, but it affects each woman uniquely. The symptoms of menopause may range from hardly any to severe ones. The common menopausal symptoms may be divided into three categories:
Physical symptoms: hot flushes, osteoporosis (weak bones), weight gain (obesity) and hair loss.
Mental symptoms: depression, mood swings, anxiety, irritability, sleeplessness.
Local symptoms: vaginal dryness, loss of libido (sexual desire), excessive vaginal bleeding (flooding).
Homoeopathic treatment for menopause
As the controversy regarding the use of hormones for treating menopause deepens, the need for a completely harmless treatment becomes stronger than ever. Talking about safety, the homeopathy provides natural ways to treat menopause and is completely safe with zero side effects. The natural homeopathic medicines are of great help in dealing with various symptoms experienced by women during menopause.
I want to know my girlfriend was pregnant because she missed here periods last 1 week and we checked home pregnancy test with pregnancy test card but result was negative what was the problem with her.
I am having irregular periods since 2 months last month took crime ncr to get my periods. What is tge reason.
Vitamin A is essential for various body functions, the most important are vision, immunity, skin and hair health and correct genetic transcription. Signs of vitamin A toxicity include bone pain, brittle nails, hair loss, fatigue, dry and fissured skin and abnormal liver function. Deficiency of Vitamin A leads to night blindness.
Some interesting fatcs about vitamin A:
- Vitamin A is a fat soluble vitamin, thus requires fat for effective absorption.
- Normal level of vitamin A required for proper body functioning is about 3000 mg per day. A person could also end up eating more of Vitamin A on a regular basis, which could lead to vitamin A toxicity. If it is consumed from natural sources, it is not harmful; however, if synthetic vitamin A is consumed, it may end up as a toxin in the body.
- Every 100 g of sweet potato contains about 19200 IU of vitamin A. Sweet potato can be consumed in cooked, baked, cubed, raw or frozen form. It can be used in multiple ways and is one of the most vitamin A rich foods.
- Carrots is the most popular rich source of vitamin A. Every child knows that carrots are good for vision and eye health. Carrots can also be consumed in baked, cooked, raw or frozen form. Every 100 g of carrot contains about 17000 IU of carrot, which more than takes care of daily requirements.
- Green leafy vegetables are another rich source of vitamin A. This could be spinach, lettuce, beet greens, turnip greens, collards, kale, or other greens. Each of them contains sufficient amounts of vitamin A, and including about 100 g provides about 14000 IU of vitamin A. These can be used as salad dressings or cooked with lentils to make variety of dishes.
- The liver from any animal is the most effective nonvegetarian source of vitamin A. Consuming liver 2 to 3 times per day gives sufficient amounts vitamin A for men, women and children. Cod liver oil, which are available widely in the market are also a good source, if meat is not available.
- Dry fruits, such as apricots, which are sundried and used when there is no season for apricots, are another rich source of vitamin A. Dried peaches and prunes are also good sources for this vitamin.
- Consuming about 2 egg yolks per day provides all the required vitamin A for your body. It does contain cholesterol, but the body does need small amount of cholesterol too for various functions.
- Dairy products, such butter and cream from cow's milk which are especially fed on grass are again great sources of vitamin A.
- Small amounts of vitamin A are also present in cantaloupe melons, pumpkins, squash fruits, beetroot, bell peppers and most importantly in seasonal fruits.
A healthy sex life is very important for mental as well as physical health. However, due to many factors couples may face problems in their sex life, among which the primary concern is a lack of libido. This affects not only men but women as well. Let's look at some of the common factors which can cause low libido.
Usual causes of low libido:
- Mental stress, anxiety or depression
- Lack of understanding or love in a relationship
- Lack of sex drive in women after childbirth
- Erectile Dysfunction in men and reduced blood supply to the vagina for women making sex painful.
- Diabetes and hypertension in both men and women
- Hyperthyroid or hypothyroid
- Obesity and many others
Homeopathy and the treatment of low libido: Homeopathy usually treats the underlying conditions first to increase libido, but there are many other treatments to increase sex drive for men and women directly as well. Let's have a look at some of the treatments that are commonly used to treat these problems.
Lycopodium: This is one of the most common medications that are prescribed by doctors for treating low sexual libido in men. This is equally potent for young as well as old men who have problems getting or maintaining erections and thus have difficulty performing.
Natrum Muriaticum: This is a commonly prescribed medication that is usually prescribed to women who have a low sexual desire owing to dryness in the vagina. This may be caused due to underlying factors as well but the usage of natrum muraticum helps in promoting wetness helping in sexual acts.
Nux Vomica: This is a widely used homeopathic medicine which is very good for men who have erectile dysfunctions owing to bad lifestyle habits such as excess consumption of alcohol, other stimulants, rich food or suffer from immense work stress.
Arnica: It is a great remedy for men who suffer from erectile dysfunction due to exhaustion. Arnica is also useful even if a person has no erection problems and has regular morning erections but has a general aversion to sex.
Gelsemium: This is a great remedy for people who have desire but aren't able to perform due to the muscles in the penis being relaxed. Some people even tend to suffer from performance anxiety and may even suffer from diarrhea and thus Gelsemium tends to be a very potent medication in these cases.