Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. SuchitraYour feedback matters!
Hi, after pregnancy, doctor said there is swelling in my uterus and I am taking medicine nusam400. But in period am suffering from pain on my left abdomen. Is this normal.
I am 24 years old, I missed my periods. I checked using pregnancy testing kit. It shows positive with two pink lines. I am unable to give birth to my baby due to my higher studies. My husband bought me misoprostol for abortion. But I don't know how to do it? Even I can't ask anyone, they won't allow it, please mam guide for medical abortion.
Sir, Actually my one right nipple is little bigger than the left one. Also there is red spot around the bigger nipple. I also feel pain sometimes in the bigger nipple when I touch with my hands. Sir is this a Brest Cancer. I also have migraine is this due to migraine? Sir kindly help me I'm afraid to tell my parents.
Ok but I can get pregnant then if he come in me on 25th which 14th day as it said on Internet that best time to get pregnant as that when egg get released asking you as you doctor.
Muje white pani ( White Vaginal Discharge) bhut aata hai. Isme koi problem to nai hoti pregnant hone me?
Pregnancy brings with it a new set of additional responsibilities. The mother has to be extra vigilant about monitoring and caring for her health. This ensures that sufficient nutrition is being provided to the growing infant, at the same time, ensuring no harm comes through you. Listed below are some simple ways to do the same.
- Prenatal care: As soon as you realize that you are pregnant, it is advisable to talk to a doctor or a midwife about proper prenatal care. This could include anything and everything from prenatal vitamins to food habits to exercise to sleeping habits to periodic scanning – the whole hog.
- Diet: You need to ensure two things: that you are eating enough for two people, and also that everything is healthy and not harmful for the little one that gets all its nutrition through you. The diet should be healthy, nutritious, wholesome, and of course free of junk. Some pointers to a healthy diet include:
- Include a good amount of fruits and vegetables every day; break it into five small portions.
- Sufficient amount of carbohydrates should be the basis of each meal.
- Whole grains are preferred to white grains, which also give good amount of fiber.
- A good amount of proteins including fish, eggs, meat, nuts, pulses, milk, and other dairy products.
- Ensure adequate amount of iron, calcium, and other minerals are included in the diet.
- Avoid eating non-pasteurized dairy products, uncooked or undercooked food, and smoked seafood.
- Folic acid is compulsory for the first trimester as it helps to protect your unborn baby from developing neural tube defects such as spina bifida. Also, it helps to prevent other birth defects, such as a cleft palate .
- Weight gain: If your weight was normal for your age and height before pregnancy, expect to add about 12 to 15 kg during your pregnancy. Consult with your doctor on weight changes and nutritional aspects to monitor weight throughout pregnancy. This could change based on if it is twins, your weight before pregnancy, and body type.
- Exercise: There are specific exercises designed to benefit the pregnant women. Whether it is walking or swimming aimed at improving overall health or Kegel exercises aimed at improving vaginal and perineal muscles, your doctor should be able to draw up a routine. Exercising while pregnancy is being increasingly encouraged for the following reasons:
- Improved energy levels
- Controls back pain
- Improved sleep pattern
- Improves constipation
- Improves muscles strength and endurance
- Lifestyle changes: With pregnancy setting in, it is time to bid goodbye to smoking and drinking alcohol. Continued smoking after onset of pregnancy has many serious complications, including growth retardation, low birth weight. Alcohol can lead to miscarriage, stillbirth, and premature delivery.
These are simple ways to monitor and care for your and of course, the baby’s health throughout pregnancy.
I am suffering from PCOD. I am taking ayurvedic medicines. But still I have irregular periods, my weight is increasing. What can be done?
• Keep your fasting sugar lower than 80 mg %.
• Keep your blood pressure lower than 80 mm Hg.
• Keep your heart rate lower than 80 per minute.
• Keep your bad LDL cholesterol lower than 80 mg %.
• Do not consume more than 80 grams of caloric solid or liquid food at once.
• Observe a carbohydrate fast 80 days a year.
• Do not consume alcohol and if you do, restrict it to not more than 80 ml in a day or 80 grams in a week.
• Consume at least 80 fruits and vegetables servings in a week.
• Do not consume more than 80 ml/gram of ghee, oil and butter in a week.
• Ensure to sit out in the sun for at least 80 days in a year to fulfill the body’s requirement of vitamin D
• Walk for 80 minutes in a day.
• Brisk walk for 80 minutes in a week.
• Keep noise pollution less than 80 dB.
• Avoid areas where the Particulate Matter 2.5 and PM 10 levels are higher than 80
I am married has two daughters. After delivery I became obese. My weight is 85kg and height 5.6feet. I want reduce my weight to 60kg. Please suggest diet plan. How much time it takes.
My wife had TB and she is on meditation (R cinex) my wife have 24 day period cycl We are had sex on 3rd day of her periods when her bleeding stopped we had a pregnancy test (prega news) also on 25 day when she miss her periods but the result was negative Now 29th day she have her perdios but only few drop can say 2 3 drop after that she used shower and wear her paid when she remove her paid she see only 2drop of dark (gaadha) blood on the paid . I want to know why this happened?
Hello I am a female 21 years married and 1 and half year back trying to conceive due to irregular periods pcos I could not conceive plzz help me I tried clomid meprate and many antioxidant but my periods r still irregular please help me.
I had sex on 22nd January at 5 pm. My first day was 19th January 2017. I take ipill on 25th January at 1 pm. Now I have mild pain in my pelvic region. I am very sacred of this. One of my friend told me it is some ectopic pregnancy. Please tell me what it is. Is it chances of pregnancy. Or it is a sort of infection.
It's my 21st day suffering from chicken pox. 99% of my scabs have fallen. I am a bit weak although. I was fine uptill morning but today afternoon the weather was cloudy and a cool breeze was blowing, I went to my balcony for not more than 5 mins and a few drops of tiny rain drops struck my head and body and since then I am feeling a bit uneasy, that is a bit drowsy, just a bit lazy kind of feeling. I don't have temperature and I am sweating as usual as well. Is it any serious matter? If yes then what should I do? And what all restrictions do I need to follow after chickenpox and for how long? Please fo help. (Footnote: My mother is suffering from chickenpox as well since 8 days)
I have piles problem what should be suggestion that to take medicine or operation. Bleeding should continue for 1week n than stop an after certain period bleeding will start for a period how should I stop it. I am student I m effects alot to my life.
Sir me and my gf had unprotected sex on 10th March, her date is 19th March, she didn't take any contraceptive pill at that time, but we are afraid now, pls help me sir, what should I do now, as we don't want pregnancy at this moment.
Hi doctor. Am 31 male. I had intercourse with my girl friend on March 25th with condom. Her menses date was March 12th. April 12th should come but delays. She has irregular cycle for the past few months. Am not sure if condom cracks and sperm got inserted. So we took home pregnancy strip test on April 20 (38th day) morning 1st urine it's negative. Then again she took home pregnancy strip test on April 29 (47th day) morning 1st urine it's also negative. Till now menses didn't come. Is there chance to get pregnancy or safe? Please answer. Thanks in advance.
Hi I am 29 Yrs old I am pregnant with second baby. My first one is 9mnths old. Can I continue breastfeeding.
Mai daily T.diane35 le rhi jo ki 21 days tk leni h bt kal m pills lena bhul gyi Kuch complications to nhi hogi mai kya kru.
The gums are also called the periodontium which means perio for around and dontium for tooth as the gums are literally present "around the tooth." There is a softer mucosal portion that runs along the tooth in a curved manner and a stronger fibrous portion that connects the tooth to the jaw bone. Together, they provide the structural support for the tooth to be held in place. In addition they also have an aesthetic value with the healthy pink color.
The mouth has the largest number of bacteria in the body, which act on the food debris that is present on the tooth and the gums. This causes infection in both the gums and the tooth.
Types: Periodontal disease can be localized or general.
- Localized disease happens when a tooth is not accessible for thorough cleaning. The inside surface of lower incisors and outer surfaces of the upper last molars are common areas of localized periodontal disease.
- Generalized periodontal disease can be due to conditions like pregnancy, puberty, diabetes problem where gums around all the teeth are affected.
Symptoms: In both the cases, the following symptoms ensue:
- The gums are of a healthy pink color and if they turn darker hue of pink
- Swollen and/or painful gums
- Spontaneous bleeding: This may be localized or generalized
- Chronic bad breath: Due to food accumulation in the infected gums
- If it continues to form an abscess, pressure on the gums can produce pus
- Bad taste in the mouth (arising from pus in the gums)
- Gingival recession, producing an effect of having longer tooth
- Dentin is exposed leading sensitivity to hot or cold foods
- Loosening of the tooth
- Painful chewing, as it puts pressure on the inflamed periodontium
- Dentist will identify what are called pockets, which is an indication of severity - the deeper the pockets, the severe the disease.
Management and Prevention: Gum disease is very easy to identify and can be completely cured.
- Regular brushing and flossing can help maintain regular oral hygiene
- With each brushing session, plain finger massage of the gums improves blood circulation and their overall health
- Regular use of mouth rinse is a good way to improve gum health
- Regular visits to the dentist can help keep a check on the health of the teeth and the gums - early identification of disease and early treatment
- Once it has set in, deep scaling followed by root planing may be required to thoroughly clear out the infection
- More surgical options like gingival grafts, flap surgery, bone grafting in case of severe bone loss may be required.
- Management of conditions like diabetes
The best way to avoid periodontal disease is to know its symptoms, follow oral hygiene practices, and consult a dentist regularly.