Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Suchita VijayYour feedback matters!
Hello sir/ mam, My wife is 25 years old. It's been 6 months for our marriage. My concern is about my wife. Actually she feels pain in near area of heart and also on right side of chest. Pain is deep inside. Once she feels the pain in the chest, after some time she omits the blood. I'm very worried about the same and consulted from experts but still she faces same problem. Please provide me solution. I really need it. Important points: 1. She had eaten 6 tablets of nitrovate 4 years before, and on next day she had omitted blood first time. 2. Whenever we get into arguments, even if it is too small, she feels heart pain, and later on blood omitting. 3. She is now pregnant of 3 months.
Need gynecologists help. Please keep patience and read the entire data. Last period date 10-15 aug Maam/Sir I got physically involved with my boyfriend on 27th August and took ipill (Ecp) 6 hours after intercourse. On first September 1 started bleeding and the bleeding continued for four days. After that I have done 4 home urine pregnancy test that is 21 days, 28 days ,35 days and 42 days after intercourse. The problem is that I have not experienced and bleeding after that but all the tests have came NEGATIVE so do I have to still worry about pregnancy? And when should I expect my periods? please help. Plz.
Sir me and my wife have unprotected sex and after that with in 1 hour she consumed INSTAFREE 72 pill. Is that pill works for my wife to avoid unwanted pregnancy. Please tell. Thank you.
I have tumor in left breast. And I have done a blood ,mammography, x-ray test. Which is normal. What medicine for this without surgery.
I am 30 yrs old housewife. B. P blood sugar all is normal. Me & my husband leading normal sex life. From 2 week I suffer bygenital itching specially clitoris & side of the vagina. Used terbenafine tab & below in ointment. Sudden relief but again came back.
Nipple discharge is a common part of breast functioning, which normally occurs during breast-feeding or pregnancy. It is often associated with the changes of menstrual hormone. The milky discharge post breast-feeding usually continues for up to two years after stopping nursing. The condition normally gets resolved on its own but if the situation persists for a long time resort to medical assistance.
The following are some of the causes of normal nipple discharge:
- Stimulation: Normal nipple discharge can arise due to stimulation; chafing of your breast skin due to tight bras or vigorous exercises.
- Pregnancy: Most women tend to witness clear nipple discharge in the early stages of their pregnancy. Towards the later stages, this discharge usually turns watery and becomes milky in color
- Stopped Breast-feeding: In some cases, nipple discharge continues for some time after the mother has stopped breast-feeding her newborn
- Hormonal Imbalance: Some women notice tenderness in breasts and nipple discharge during their menstrual cycle
What is an abnormal nipple discharge?
An abnormal nipple discharge is usually bloody in color and is accompanied with tenderness of the breast. Papilloma is a non-cancerous tumor that is often responsible for bloody nipple discharge. Continuous nipple discharge from one of the breasts or nipple discharge that arises without any stimulation or external irritation is abnormal in nature.
The possible causes of abnormal nipple discharge include:
1. Abscess- It is an assortment of pus that get accumulated within the tissues of your body. It is usually accompanied by redness, pain and swelling. Boils and carbuncles are types of abscess. Formation of abscess in breasts may result in nipple discharge.
2. Breast cancer- Breast cancer often results in bloody nipple discharge and is often found with a presence of lump in one of the breasts.
4. Ductal carcinoma in situ (DCIS)- Normally characterized by the growth of cancerous cells in the milk ducts of your breasts, it is generally identified through mammography screening.
5. Fibroadenoma- In this situation most young women witness an appearance of solid, tumor like structure
6.Galactorrhea- Galactorrhea is nipple discharge of milk when not pregnant or breastfeeding. The discharge can vary in color and can be expressed from either or both breasts.
What Causes Galactorrhea?
Galactorrhea is commonly caused by hyperprolactinemia, especially when it is associated with amenorrhea. Hyperprolactinemia is most often induced by medication or associated with pituitary adenomas or other sellar or suprasellar lesions.
The release of prolactin from the pituitary is held in check by dopamine from the hypothalamus. Prolactin release is encouraged by serotonin and thyrotropin-releasing hormone. This balance can be disrupted by medication (ie. antipsychotics), underactive thyroid function, pituitary tumors, hypothalamic tumors, damage to the pituitary stalk, nipple stimulation, chest trauma, herpes zoster, and emotional stress as well as a variety of other factors. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
What are Autoimmune Disorders?
It is a disorder of the immune system where the immune system can get ‘hyperactive’ or on the other end of the spectrum can become exceptional slow in its response to germs and bacterium, leaving the individual vulnerable to a host of infections and diseases.
When in ‘Hyper mode’ the body’s immune system starts producing antibodies (White Blood Cells) attacking and damaging the body’s own tissues (Red Blood Cells) beyond repair. Treatment of the Auto-Immune diseases generally focuses on reducing the activity levels of the immune system so as to let the Red Blood Cells multiply and heal the body to an extent.
Not all Auto Immune diseases are life threatening or terminal in nature. Some are even classified as “commonly occurring” disorders in the larger population. Examples of these would be –
1) Psoriasis – A Skin disorder where overactive immune system blood cells called T-cells collect in the skin. The immune system activity stimulates skin cells to replicate rapidly, producing layers of silvery scaly plaques on the skin. These often look like ‘Dandruff’ and can be seen all over the individual’s body, accompanied by severe itching and skin irritability. Psoriasis is often triggered due to stress and hormonal imbalances along with other environmental factors such as poor hygiene, inadequate diet, lack of sleep etc. Along with oral medication, lifestyle changes such as reducing stress at work or home, making sure one gets at least 8 hours of restful sleep per night and regular head and body massages are known to help reduce the severity of the problem to a great extent.
2) Rheumatoid Arthritis – The hyper immune system produces antibodies that attach themselves to the joint linings and then start to eat away at the cartilage and tissues causing swelling or inflammation and a sharp stabbing continuous pain. Oral medication along with gentle cardio (slow walking) and stretching exercise routines such as Yoga, Tai Chi and Pilates are known to have countered the ill-effects of this movement restricting disorder, to a large extent.
3) Aggravated Thyroid – An aggravated thyroid is a result of the excessive antibodies produced by an overactive immune system which attack the thyroid gland and slowly destroy the cells that produce the all-important thyroid hormone. Prolonged negligence or when left undetected for long, it often leads to Grave’s Disease (linked to hyperthyroidism) or Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis (linked to hypothyroidism.) The former can lead to weight-loss, bulging eyes, rapid heart-rate, and chronic fatigue while the later often causes sudden weight gain, depressed state of mind, dry skin and severe constipation. A good way to avoid diseases of the thyroid would be to maintain a healthy active lifestyle and a stable healthy body weight. It is also recommended that one goes in for regular preventive health check-ups for early detection of any thyroid related disorders.
A little can go a long way in limiting ill effects of autoimmune disorders.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.