Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Suchi RajaneYour feedback matters!
Hello madam, my son is 11 months. He is very crying at night suddenly. And he is repeated every alternate 30 mins. So please give me proper advice and medicine for his better sleep and health.
I am having two sons, one is 11 years and another 7 months. What should I do/feed for their sharp brain in education. Secondly, my elder son is very thin, he takes a little amount of food whenever eats. What should I do for increasing his food amount? please advice me accordingly.
Hello docs. My new born baby is caught in cold. What can I do. Any treatment. She is 1 month and 5 days old. Kindly reply with all available options. Pls.
My sister gave birth to a baby boy on 14th may 2016. He is not weeing well. And has not poop yet. Yesterday they noticed some blood in his wee. Is this okay.
Hi my 8 year old daughter is having severe deafness suddenly in left ear. Consulted 2 docs and are of the view that it can' t be reversed as nerves got damaged due to unknown reasons. We checked her up 3 yrs back, all was well then. Kindly suggest a way out for the treatment. Docs say there is no way out neither need to take any medicine.
My grand daughter of age 4 yrs goes for urination every 20, 25 minutes at home and play school. She doesn't drink much water. It was going on for some time now. What may be the the reason, doctor?
my 3 month baby sufferred by right para hipocampal ischemic .daily 7 to 8 times seizures will came, what is the treatement please tell me
My child had cough and fever post Consulting with Dr. he is not feeling good with cough. What should I do?
My daughter is 6 years old, almost 20 kgs. Has gas problem, sometime also has stomach ache and smelly gas and potty, is slightly underweight also. Pls help with remedy to cure her has problem and for her growth.
Hi, my son s 9 month (8.4 kg)old nd he s vomiting a lot so doctor suggest to give domstal 0.3 ml but by mistake I gave 2 ml to my baby, is dis any harm to my baby?
Hi Team, Today My 1.5 years old kid taken the thyroid tablet (which is prescribed for my wife) by misate. I have taken almost from my baby mouth. But still I had some doubts on this. Coud you please suggest on this.
My five years old daughter is diagnosed with -2 diopter. How can I protect her from being high myopic.
My Son 4.5 years old how to get rid of his bedwetting problem. Please suggest how to stop bed wetting. Is it dangerous if not cured?
I have baby boy. I am planning to 3 years for next baby. So what are the ways I follow. What is the best way you are suggested.
World Diabetes Day is celebrated on 14 November, each year. It is the primary global awareness campaign for diabetes as it is one of the major problem of today's time. With an upsurge in the number of people suffering from diabetes, the sole aim of celebrating this day is to create awareness about this disease and suggest preventive measures to those who have not acquired it and provide tips to manage it to those who are living with it.
So, here are 15 health tips that will help you manage your diabetes effectively:
- You should quit smoking as it is very bad for diabetic patients. Smoking leads to narrowing of the blood vessels, which reduces proper blood circulation.
- You have to track your exercise patterns. Take actual notes about your exercise habits and make necessary changes based on the record.
- Eliminate fast food from your diet. Avoid eating out at restaurants and avoid taking extra salt, sugar and calories. You should cook your meals at home with light ingredients and less salt and sugar.
- Diabetes severely affects your vision and blindness is and blindness is a serious problem which may occur. Hence, get your vision checked regularly to prevent retinopathy.
- Avoid having quick coffees. Fancy cups of coffee are full of sugar, which lead to glucose and insulin fluctuation in your body.
- You must stay active and fit. This is the most important lifestyle choice for any diabetic patient. By exercising, you will maintain a good shape, your metabolism gets boosted and the insulin production increases as well.
- You should use a pedometer to calculate how much you are moving each day while exercising.
- Try to consume fruits and vegetables. By trying new vegetables and fruits, you will be able to keep your blood sugar under check and see how your body reacts.
- You must increase your amount of fibre intake. Fibre is important for diabetic patients, which keeps the digestive processes to run smoothly. Your cholesterol level decreases and blood sugar levels may reduce if you take enough fibre.
- You should chew gum as it keeps your mouth busy. It makes you crave for less food.
- You should eat on smaller plates. This is a psychological trick which makes you consume less amount of food and your sugar and calorie levels are maintained.
- Before taking any food item or eating out, gather information about them. Learn about diabetes friendly food options at restaurants and check which products you should avoid buying from the market.
- You should get your blood sugar levels checked regularly. You should check it several times a day to learn how your body responds to food.
- Circulation problems may cause issues with your feet, which may lead to a lack of sensation, cuts and scrapes. Check your feet regularly to notice changes.
- Instead of having 2,3 large meals a day, you should take several small meals throughout the day. This will keep your body’s digestive processes active thereby increasing insulin sensitivity.
Hi doctors I have a question that I have a baby of 9.5 months and I want to know which calcium medicine should I give to my baby as she gone pranky just because her teeth are trying to come. But it takes some more time to come. But she feels like take everything in her month .What to do.
My baby is 9 months old and is 9kgs, have started giving him khichdi, boiled vegetables, idli, mashed chapatis. He passes stool (solid) 2 to 3 times a day especially after eating, does that mean I overfeeding him? how will I know if something is not getting digested for him? please suggest a proper diet for him to put on good weight.
she is a very good friend of mine and she is a widow. She has two baby girls one is around 6 years and the other one is around 5 yrs. The problem is she was married to a very wonderful and caring guy who belongs to a rural belt of UP but was settled in Mumbai for his job. When the first baby came he had all her check ups and polio vaccine done on time. He expired when the first baby was abt two and half years old and exactly at that tym she was again pregnant for seven months. You can understand the situation. She gave birth to another beautiful baby girl after two months in her mother's place till then all the check ups and polio vaccine are given to both the baby girls. After she returned to her in-laws place all went wrong. You can understand wat happens when a widow woman stays at her in-laws place. All other medications, check ups and even the polio vaccine were discontinued. She returned to her mother's place after 3 years cutting off all relations wid her in laws. Now the elder girl is of 6-7 years and the younger one is 4+ yrs. I just want to know that is there any possibility of completing the polio courses now. please help. The DOB of the elder daughter- 27/10/2010 The DOB of the younger daughter- 26/10/2012.
Diarrhea is a disorder that affects people of all age groups. Medically speaking, Diarrhea is a mechanism that the body uses to eliminate germs from the body. Usually this disorder lasts for a few days to a week. It is usually accompanied by nausea, fever and dehydration.
Children can be affected by diarrhea in a number of ways, some of them are:
- Infections: Various infections, such as the ones caused by rotavirus and salmonella bacteria can lead to diarrhea. Usually diarrhea in children is caused by viruses; if it is viral in nature, then it can also cause stomach cramps, headache and vomiting. It also leads to loss of fluid from the body. Hence, the child's fluid intake should be compensated accordingly. Usually oral rehydration solution that contains nutrient such as potassium and sodium are preferred.
- Medications: Intake of certain medications, such as antibiotics and laxatives can cause diarrhea in children. If the cause is due to antibiotic intake, then you should consult a doctor. The doctor may alter the dosage or ask to increase the child's water intake. Yoghurt may also help ease the symptoms of diarrhea if it is caused by antibiotics.
- Food poisoning: Diarrhea may also result from food poisoning; symptoms of this type usually disappear quickly. Along with loose and watery stools, the child may vomit frequently.
The major complication that results from diarrhea is dehydration. Severe dehydration may lead to severe brain damage and seizures. It may also cause symptoms of dry mouth, fatigue, dizziness and dark yellow urine.
Certain preventive measures are:
- Use your good judgment while eating outside. Do not consume food from places which use unhygienic modes of preparation.
- Make sure your child does not drink contaminated water and there is access to clean and filtered water all the time.
- Your child should be eating a balanced diet that primarily consists of vegetable and fruits. They also help in adding fiber to the diet that keeps your bowels healthy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.