Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Subodh G KediaYour feedback matters!
I have type 1 diabetes from last 2 years. What fruit I should take or which one I should avoid. Please guide for the healthy life.
Metformin to be taken after or with meals and voglibose(ppg) to be taken before meals. How to match the two in a combination drug i. E when to take the combined ppg-met 0. 3 drug, before or after?
I'm 31 years old. I'm suffering from one problem from last five month. I want to go to toilet every half hour for urine remove what is this. This is diabetes or nothing serious please help.
Hey my mom is been suffering from type 2 diabetes and she been through so many medical treatments lyk allopathic n ryt shes on Ayurveda but it's also not working she's so weak n she's loosing a lot more day every month and having burning sensation in her palms n head. Is there's any proper treatment n any diet plan which can make her healthy and how much sugar she can take and what r things which she should not eat, and are these sugar free products r gud or not.
I am suffering from DM type II and taking 3 drugs in combination with insulin. Can I stop insulin. On an average my blood sugar level remains 280 mg % after insulin. I do not want to continue with insulin. Please advise me if any other combination can I take. E. Oral hypoglycemics.
My grandma, she is 70 years old. She has 150 sugar now. She has sugar problem from last 12 years. Now she is suffering from the problem of skin itching at whole body. How to treat?
Sir, I am 40 years old and have a thyroid problem from past 3 years. I have Used tablets couple of days. Suggest me a doctor for permanent treatment.
I am 25 years female .recently I had done a diabetes test from a pharmacy. My reading is 6.2 after three years of breakfast. Do I belong to prediabetes stage?
My age is 32. Female. Recently I tested my blood sugar and my fasting is 112 and pp is 114. My question is am I a diabetic patient? then what about my pp? the difference of fasting and pp is okay?
I have to know yesterday lam in sugar when I will tested for sugar result was positive this is after meal 188mg. Now what I do for control the sugar. Please tell me of some medicine control the symptoms.
I am suffering from non-alcoholic liver Cirrhosis for the past few years. Besides this Diabetics type 2 and BP. Twice EVL has done through endoscopy. At this moment I approached Acupressure specialist. Every fifteen days one sitting. So far 6 sittings are over. Before starting ACC Pre. Stopped taking medicines for sugar and BP. Recently all the tests are done like LFT, CBP etc. All are in normal stage except Billuribm increased to 2.9. For the last two months foot swelling, terrific itching in the groin (this is there for the last 6 years). Now I am using medicine for dewatering for the last one week and taking only 1Lt of water. I could not able to take food even small quantity. Creatine level is 0.9 only. Now I am very week. In early 1992 it all started with ulcers in the duodenal. Now they are not there. I am a smoker for the last 40 years. Per day 5 cigarette now reduced to 3. What is your advice?
My mother takes 1000 mg fish oil everyday Of EPA 180 mg and DHA120 mg for healthy heart functioning and joint support. She is also a type 2 diabetes patient. Will there be any side effects of using fish oil long term?
I am 67. Type II diabetic, sugar under good control, Angioplasty done 4 years back. Problem: in a day some times I feel pain at bottom soft parts of the feet when I walk. My diabetic doctor consultant did not explain to me the cause and effect of this problem. I like to know what it indicates.
Am a 75 yrs male and having uric acid problem from middle age. Was on Zyloric 100 medication for nearly 20 yrs and generally the uric acid level remained below 5.5. However my doctor prescribed Ubexa 40 for the last couple of yrs as the level had started to be 6.5. My question is Ubexa 40 preferable to Zyloric 100 in my case? Request advice.
My age is 25. I am suffering with ASTHMA for the past 12 years. I am unable to keep asthma under control. I need to use my rotahaler regularly. I get asthma with dust, perfumes,masala etc and also if I get stressed. I am using DUOLIN and BUDECORT (200 mg) rotacaps. I also use deriphyllin tablets sometimes. Please suggest me some more medicines. Is there permanent cure for asthma Thank you.
Good afternoon doctor, My age 29yrs, my TSH level is 5.87 (normal range 0.34-5.6 mIU/L) 1year back in my 1st pregnancy I got abortion becoz of baby heart undeveloped) in 1st pregnancy I have TSH level is 7.5. Now my tsh level is 5.87. Im using 50mcg thyroid tablets. Can I plan for pregnancy while using thyroid tablets? This is right time to plan for pregnancy?
If your glucose level is more than the usual level, chances are that you have diabetes. The warning signals of diabetes are mild that in the preliminary stage it is challenging to detect. Diabetes can be of two types. Type 1 diabetes and Type 2 diabetes. The symptoms of which stand crucial for an individual’s knowledge to take preventive measures.
Type 1 diabetes
When your immune system damages pancreatic cells called beta cells, Type 1 diabetes occurs. They’re functional in making insulin. Symptoms of Type 1 diabetes typically begin promptly, within a few days to weeks. High blood sugar causes them. In the first few days, the symptoms might misguide you to believe that it is an ailment like the flu.
Common symptoms of Type 1 diabetes
- Increased hunger: As the body fails to use the calories, one feels hungry all the time.
- Blurry vision: This type makes the eyes water as there is sugar build up in the lens of your eye giving rise to blurry vision.
- Feeling very tired: A sluggish feeling prevails as the body doesn't use the energy or glucose.
- Rapid heart rate: Heart rate may be more than normal
- Reduced blood pressure: Another typical sign where the blood pressure usually falls below 90/60 rate
- Low body temperature: Is another key trait where the body temperature goes below the stated 97º F.
- Bladder discomfort: An individual faces bladder discomfort and tends to urinate several times a day. As there is a lot of urination, the glucose is flushed out which leads to weight loss as well dehydration.
- Abdominal pain: Pain usually occurs at the center of the stomach. In some cases, an individual may feel like vomiting.
Type 2 diabetes
Type 2 diabetes affects millions of people all over India. If you have Type 2 diabetes, your body is not able to use the insulin hormone properly. Check out for the below-listed symptoms.
Common symptoms of type 2 diabetes
- Velvety dark patches: Type 2 diabetes can be detected by observing the velvety dark patches in the armpit abdomen sides or groin or groin area called Acanthosis Nigricans.
- Increased thirst: Especially post heavy meals, dry mouth with a fatigue feeling is experienced
- Increased hunger: You may feel frequently hungry
- Frequent urination: Known as Polyuria, increased urination is common a symptom of Type 2 Diabetes
- Skin problems: Itching of the skin usually around the groin area or vaginal area
- Blurred vision: Things may appear to be little blurry
- Diabetes numbness: A general symptom where there is numbness in hand and feet
- Pricking pain: A burning sensation, or pricking pain in the hands and feet that starts out mild at first, but over time as the nerve damage increases, it grows severe
- Impotence: Erectile dysfunction can be another symptom of type 2 diabetes
To be aware of the symptoms of Type 1 and Type 2 Diabetes is important as you can seek medical help at the early onset of the condition. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.