Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Subodh G Kedia
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Subodh G KediaYour feedback matters!
Diabetes mellitus is a chronic condition wherein the body doesn’t metabolise sugar properly. Insulin, a hormone produced by the pancreas, is responsible for carrying the sugar or glucose, from the bloodstream to the individual cells. When the pancreas fails to produce insulin, glucose builds up in your bloodstream and enters your urine. Homeopathy focuses on the overall health of the individual. Homeopathic medicines for diabetes include:
1. Abroma Augusta: This homeopathic medicine is best for diabetics who have weak muscles, increased appetites and frequent urination.
2. Phosphorus: If symptoms include weak vision, Phosphorus is the best remedy for it.
3. Syzygium Jambolanum: This is one of the best homeopathic remedies for diabetes mellitus. It acts efficiently and promptly in lowering sugar levels.
4. Phosphoric acid: If you feel exhausted or weak all the time, either physically or mentally, then Phosphoric acid is beneficial. Weak memory, forgetfulness and numb feet are also treated with Phosphoric acid.
5. Gymnema Sylvestre: Sometimes, diabetics drastically lose weight and have low energy levels. Gymnema Sylvestre is an excellent remedy for such symptoms.
Sometimes one or more homeopathic medicines may be combined to treat symptoms of diabeties. Some common combinations include:
1. Lachesis, Arnica, Belladonna and Phosphorus are combined in a treatment to treat retinopathy, which is damage to the eyes caused by diabetes.
2. Serum Anguillae, Arsenic Album and Lycopodium are used together to treat kidney damage (nephropathy) in diabetics.
3. Helonias, Sulphur and Phosphoric acid are taken to deal with neuropathy or nerve problems such as numbness in feet and hands.
4. Syzygium Jambolanum is combined with Secale Cornutum to treat skin ulcers, which is a common problem among diabetics.
5. For people suffering from constipation due to diabetes, Natrum Sulph, Defloratum and Carlsbad are the best medicines.
6. To improve weak memory, Phosphoric acid, Nux Vom and Kali Phos are the best remedies for diabetics.
7. Sometimes diabetics complain of extreme, incapacitating weakness. To improve energy and boost overall health, Carbo Veg, Phosphoric acid, Phosphorus and Arsenic Album are recommended.
It is not clear how exactly stress impacts fertility. It is not known whether high levels of stress can prevent pregnancy or affect a woman's chance of conceiving. We do know that reducing stress provides a better quality of life during times of intense personal challenge.
What is stress?
Stress is often defined as an event that a person sees/ feels is threatening. In order to protect itself, the body responds with a fight or flight response. How can stress impact a fertility patient? sometimes, infertility patients respond to the stress of being unable to conceive by aggressively pursuing treatment and procedures. Other patients withdraw and isolate from family, friends, and community. Neither of these extremes is ideal for patients who seek to treat their infertility and build a family.
How can I reduce my stress?
Having less stress in your life while pursuing fertility treatment may not, in and of itself, result in a pregnancy. However, developing better coping strategies to manage stress related to an infertility diagnosis and treatment can help you feel more in control and improve your overall well-being.
It has been shown that stress does interfere with making rational and well-thought-out decisions. Reducing stress can allow patients to research, explore, and consider all the options available with a clearer mindset. By reducing stress, the pros and cons of one treatment course over another can be more effectively weighed and considered.
Reduced stress is good for your health. While no one expects patients to approach fertility treatment stress free, finding ways to minimize stress while pursuing treatment can help. It is helpful for patients to look for ways to reduce the burden of infertility treatments and medical protocols.
There are many stress-reducing techniques; some of the more popular methods recommended to fertility patients are:
aerobic exercise (may be reduced during treatment)
collaboration with experts in stress reduction
listening to music
progressive muscle relaxation
psychotherapy and cognitive behavioral therapy
How can I help my friend/loved one?
Friends and loved ones are facing a challenge. Telling patients to be less stressed can make them feel more responsible for causing their own infertility and feel blamed. Telling someone to relax can cause greater stress. However, asking how couples/friends are doing and suggesting concrete and pragmatic ways to reduce stress will enhance quality of life and give the patient back some sense of control. For many struggling with infertility, just having friends/loved ones available for listening is greatly appreciated.
The goal of stress reduction is to minimize, not eliminate stress, by finding the technique that serves the patient's needs the best.