Find numerous General Physicians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Physicians with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Subhash SonawallaYour feedback matters!
I am 20 years old and my right mid foot bone has got fractured minutely so how much time will it take to recover if I it has been plastered.
My mother is 45 years old. She is facing skin problems which includes itching, irritation and redness of skin. She uses a medicine named ornoderm which treats them temporarily. Is there any permanent remedy to get rid of this skin problem forever?
My father 55 yes old getting cough attacks frequently this days and he gets unconscious while coughing and does not remember what had happened when he fainted. What is the solution for dis.
Hello doctors, m having one problem that I was undergone with my penis operation in childhood but now m in trouble coz my penis size is very small and there are stitch marks on it, wt should I do know my marriage is in next year.
Sir while having sex means after foreplay as I insert into vagina I cant control and I shoot my load why and whats the solution thank you.
I have headache frm past 2 months and I'm getting tensed soon so please suggest me a solution for this.
Dear Sir, I want to take high Fiber and is it the source are aloevera is contains More Fibre? Also I want to Know that it is FDA approved that and also in allopathic Medicine or tested that in allovara is more Fiber and if yes that how can be take it? Please Answer.
Ear aches are a very painful condition, which tends to affect mostly children. However, adults can be affected by ear aches as well, which can disrupt their routines and be quite painful. Let's have a look at some of the aspects of ear aches in adults.
Causes of ar aches in adults
There are many causes for ear aches in adults and it may vary from one person to another. However some general causes of ear aches in adults are listed below:
- Infections within the body: If you have a throat infection or cold, it could trigger an ear ache as a side effect. Treating the underlying problems will, thus reduce the ear ache or it will go on its own when the symptoms of the cold subside.
- Ear canal injury: Adults are most often guilty of putting in sharp objects to clean their ear canal, which may result in an injury and also lead to infections. These injuries can also be infected and cause fluid discharge and ear aches.
- Blockages caused by the regular use of ear buds: Using ear buds or other sharp objects to clean the ear will only result in pushing the ear wax further into the ear. This will result in blockages of the ear canal and cause ear aches.
- Dental problems: Certain dental problems, such as wisdom tooth growth can result in problems. Even gum disorders have been known to create ear aches in adults.
- Jaw pain and facial pain: Jaw pain and even facial nerve pain has been known to affect ears and cause aches as well.
Symptoms that may accompany ear aches
Depending on what the causes of the ear aches are, the symptoms may vary. Still, let's have a look at some of the known common symptoms of ear aches in adults:
- Irritability and lack of focus: Ear aches may initially manifest as a headache and make the person irritable.
- Poor sleep: Fluids may build up within the body and thus cause issues while sleeping as the fluids may shift from one area to another.
- Ear drainage: If in case fluids build up, they may drain from your ear, which could vary anywhere within yellow to dark brown colour. This may even indicate that your eardrum is ruptured.
- Hearing problems: Fluid buildup or other underlying causes may also cause hearing difficulties.
- Fever: Sometimes, fever may run as high as 104 degree C due the very infections, which may be causing the ear ache.
Whatever may be the cause, if you have ear aches for sustained periods without underlying reasons, you should visit your doctor immediately to get it checked out, so that appropriate treatment can start quickly.