Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Treatment Of Childhood Diabetes
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Dilatation And Curettage (D C) Procedure
Egg Donation Procedure
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Food Plan Preparation
Submit a review for Dr. Subhash SonawalasYour feedback matters!
What is the cure for infertility? What is the main causes of infertility in women and how best can a person overcome infertility.
My mother has a diabetes from 10 years. Currently she has been taking below medicines from 6 months: Istamet 50/500 Mitovit Rosuvin 10 Mclazide M proper 15 Her last 3 months reports are: June - Before fasting - 160 & after fasting - 288 May - Before fasting - 240 & after fasting - 326 April - Before fasting - 190 & after fasting - 282 Please guide us if we can continue with the same medicines? Or can we start ayurvedic medicines? Thank you, Ankur.
I am 46 years old & I am diabetic. My sugar levels is 183 (f) 323 (pp). I am taking metformin ip 850 mg 1 tablet each after breakfast, lunch & after dinner. I am also taking gliclazide er tablet 30 mg before meal (one time only). Before taking this I used to take glykind m. When it did not work then my doctor suggested above medecines. Still my sugar is still not in control. Kindly advice me what to do. Kindly suggest better medecine.
I am a 25 yrs old male, suffering from hypothyroid, taking thyronorm 150 daily but m not feeling well my tsh is 7.1 now.
Sir I am 31 yrs old, from 13 yrs suffering from diabetes, doctors advised insulin of latex & novo rapid. Which are costly can I use any cheap alternatives, kindly advise.
My mother's name is sreeja. She is 41 years old and she has blood sugar level 230. Blood sugar level increased above normal after she got admitted in hospital for dengue fever. Dr. told that it came from medicine. How it will be normal again without taking any medicines. Can you please help me.
I am 38 years old suffering type 2 diabetic from last 8 years my blood sugar is frequently up anddown gap of two or 3 month. I have to use 4 mg glimepiride tab 1000 mg metformin daily. Please give me a food suggestion and life style.
What I gt to know that someone can take any fruit of low to moderate GI even if he or she is diabetic. Like mango, banana etc. Is it true?
How many times one should have fasting or after meal sugar above normal range to declare one a diabetic patient.
I'm suffering from diabetes melitus, what is causes of diabetes and please suggest me ayurvedic medicine for it.
Diabulimia is a type of eating disorder in which patients of Type 1 diabetes intake less amount of insulin purposely, in order to lose weight. This disorder, however, is not a formal diagnosis. The disorder may be defined as disturbed eating behavior.
Our body requires insulin for moving glucose from the blood to the cells. In type 1 diabetes patients, the pancreas stop producing insulin and glucose gets stored in our bloodstream. This causes extra stress on the kidney in getting rid of excess of sugar. The body gets devoid of glucose and the calories associated with it and a rapid loss in weight occurs. Patients develop binge eating, with more emphasis on sugar and carbohydrate enriched foods. The excess sugar gets out of the body by urinating.
The symptoms of this disease are:
- Occurrence of hyperglycemia
- Developing a habit of eating more, but still experiencing weight loss
- The shift in weight may be dramatic
- The energy level is low
- Eating patterns turn unusual
- Binge eating
- Developing an obsession for food
- Enhanced awareness about body image
- Feeling anxious about the weight
- A delay occurs in sexual maturity or attaining puberty
- Occurrence of stress
- Hospitalization is required frequently for diabetic patients
- Exercising amount increases
- The patient tends to hide food
- There is a smell of ketones from the breath and urine of the patient
- Frequency of urination gets enhanced
- Malnutrition occurs signalled by hair loss or drying of skin
Health hazards of Diabulimia
- Diabulimia can cause a great amount of permanent effects on the body, irrespective of age.
- Patients with diabulimia have a risk of getting early comorbidities.
- Health issues similar to issues arising from diabetes are observed, but are more adverse in nature.
- Dehydration happens along with excess urination.
- The patient experiences fatigue and the level of concentration falls down.
- An electrolyte disbalance is caused.
- There may be risk of heart attack, stroke, retinopathy, neuropathy, gastroparesis.
- Vascular disorders, gum infections and infertility in women may also occur.
- In the most extreme cases, death occurs.
It has been proven by research that almost 30% of type 1 diabetes patients are the ones who abstain from or avoid using insulin in order to lose weight. This habit leads to the risk of many other fatal diseases which may be permanent in nature. Dibulimia is more common among teenage girls who suffer from type 1 diabetes and are generally obsessed with body image. Diabulimia is an eating disorder which leaves a patient at risk of acquiring many other severe diseases. It is advised not to neglect your insulin. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.