Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Chin Reduction Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Asthma Management Program
Ayurvedic Massage Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Kerala Massage Treatment
Kshar Sutra Therapy Treatment
Most skin problems develop due to external damage. However, skin problems may also occur due to the internal problems, such as an unhealthy diet and lifestyle issues. One of the fairly common problems is skin pigmentation.
What is skin pigmentation?
Skin pigmentation primarily refers to the change in skin color in patches across the body. These could occur all over the body including your face. Skin pigmentation problems primarily include:
- Hyperpigmentation: The darkening of skin in specific areas
- Hypopigmentation: The lightening or development of paler spots on the skin.
Both of these disorders are caused by anomalies in the levels of melanin (the pigment that imparts color to the skin, hair) with either overproduction or underproduction of the pigment.
Primary causes of hyperpigmentation:
Although both problems affect the skin in a multitude of ways, the excess deposition of melanin causing skin darkening is much more common than the hypo-pigmentation variety. Some of the causes of hyperpigmentation are described as follows:
- Sun damage: This is one of the obvious factors that will cause skin pigmentation as sun exposure causes melanocytes or melanin producing cells within the skin to become hyperactive and thus cause dark patches.
- Hormonal issues: Another common issue which results in patches are hormonal changes or issues within the body such as spikes in estrogen or progesterone levels or even problems with insulin.
- Other factors: Diet and lifestyle are also other factors which may cause internal changes that reflect on your skin. Even using certain skin care products and using certain medications can result in skin hyper pigmentation.
Skin brightening techniques:
Some of the common skin brightening techniques that are used to deal with skin hyper-pigmentation are:
- Chemical methods to brighten skin: Chemicals such as peels, exfoliates and other brightening products change the skin color by affecting the epidermis or the top layer of the skin. Some of these medications and products are made with retinol and tretinoin and other chemicals which push vitamin A into the skin to lighten the tone.
- Prevention of pigmentation: The best method to fight pigmentation is to not let it happen in the first place and sunscreen is a great way to go about it. Sun damage is by far the most common cause for pigmentation issues. Also dietary and other lifestyle changes, such as excessive alcohol consumption may cause skin pigmentation. Keep off tobacco and limit your alcohol consumption.
- Use of Mechanical means: Mechanical means, such as dermabrasion (cosmetically removing the skin’s superficial layers), microdermabrasion (removal of dead skin cells from the face) and lasers and other means actually skim away a thin layer of skin to allow for new skin to grow back which results in the elimination of pigmentation.
It is however, advisable that you visit your dermatologist first and then decide on the best course of action to deal with skin pigmentation problems as well as devise a strategy to halt further skin darkening.
I am yet 6 months to be 18 years old. I want to increase my height. I have recently joined a gym too. I wanted to know that what exercises should I do in the gym and what I shouldn't? I also want to know that what should I eat and what I shouldn't eat? I am pure vegetarian. Kindly reply as soon as possible.
My forehead full of black. Even I have some black marks in my face. How can I clear it. please help me to clear this.
Hello Doctor, How Can I Increase My Stamina? I Can't Run Fast, And When I Play For More Than Half an Hour, I got Really Tired?
My sister is facing lice problem inspite of applying mediker shampoos please suggest .nd hairfall problem too.
Hair growth on my body is much more dan others. What should I do to remove them permanently or reduce them at least. This problem is mainly on hands and chest. Hope a soon reply. Thankyou.
I have very dry skin, I want to look fair in which way I can look fair I mean I look like very lean are as a patient so plzz help me.
Doctor, I am 18 years old male. I have black spots on my face from 3 years. Whenever I see it I feel bit dull. Could you suggest me any face cream or a face wash to prevent it. Till I am 14 I look fair, suddenly dark spots had come. I have understood that it is because of over exposure of sunlight. So please suggest me to get my old look back.
I am 20 yrs old having. Hypothyroid. I am facing irregular periods and so much of hairfall. What shall I do to control this? please sugest me. I am going to depression day by day due to these hairfall problem. And shall I get pregnant? my tsh level is 1.4 nd my t4 is 10.4. Please suggest me.
Hello sir/ mam, i'm 24 years old. I have pimple problem in my skin, lots of pimple circle in my skin, I had lots of medicine used but no relief. And eye under in my skin please answer what will I do for clear skin, please tell me easy tips in home usage things.
I had curly to wavy hair, my curls were bouncy and upto shoulder length, but after I got a wrong haircut, they started becoming straight. I loved my curls, but with time I learned to live with semi curly hair. Now my hair is turning very fine and loosing its shine. It looks shabby and flattened. Suggest me some hair care products plz.
I m suffering from the irregular periods. As well as I m a lots of pain during these days and the duration of my period days is becoming less n less now it has become 2 days I m overweight also. Do suggest.
I am 40 years old male and back pain for last 15 years. I have consulted many doctor but still I have pain. In last 10 years I complete rest at home. During this bed rest I have many problems like fisher. Eye problem. Skin problem. If you want I will send you all reports like MRI, B12 ect Now I take physiology. But problem still here. I am small family. Only one son. Depend on fully father's. I am very poor. I have android mobile because I want research my problem. But eye problem I am not able to use long periods. But my main problem is back problem in L4 L5. My disk is black in mri. Please suggest me what can I do? Please sir. I wants I do my works (jobs. My parents also old.
Sexual problems in men are very common and impact sexual health.
- ORGANIC: Problems/disorders with blood, blood vessels, nerves, neurotransmitters, penis structure, hormonal imbalance, medical conditions (like diabetes and hypertension) and certain medications.
- PSYCHOGENIC: Anxiety (general or performance), depression, relationship problems, confusion with sexual orientation/identity, and past negative sexual experiences (sexual abuse).
- LIFESTYLE: Smoking and alcohol use.
Many problems can be treated and therefore, it is important for a man to discuss these issues with physicians. Homeopathy helps best to treat and cure sexual dysfunction. You can try 100% side effects free and natural homeopathic remedy to treat and cure permanently.