Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Subhash Bhatia
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Subhash BhatiaYour feedback matters!
Water is vital for our survival. Our body is constituted with 70% water and we may well surmise from this, how essential water is for our health. For the proper functioning of our body systems, we need to maintain the right proportion of water in our bodies at all points of time. It is often taught to us that drinking water is a habit that must not only be inculcated in one and all but also be practiced diligently. There are certain immediate health benefits attached to consumption of adequate water. It stimulates proper digestion, regulates the kidney functioning and supplies the body with the essential nutrients. Water is one of the best resorts for detoxification of your body. The appropriate quantity of water intake is also necessary for watching over one's weight. Indiscriminate amount of water content in the body often adversely affects your metabolism which in turn asserts a negative impact on your body weight. The ideal amount of water that needs to be consumed varies from person to person. The measure is dependent on one's stature and the level of activity.
What is the correct measure?
Toppling the notions about the standard intake being 8 glasses a day, contemporary physicians recommend that the sufficient quantum of water depends upon a multitude of factors. Climate and altitude is one of them. For drier conditions, the water requirement of the body is more than in those situated in the coastal conditions. Similarly, for those based on higher altitudes, your body shall need more water to sustain than those in the lower areas. Considering the huge influence that your water intake has on your metabolism level, your level of activities also determines how much of water you should consume on a daily basis.
A commendable practice is to reach out for a glass of water the first thing in the morning. You should not remain dehydrated for a fair stretch of time. It often leads to all kinds of ailments. Instead of gulping down large quantities of water at one go, you should drink smaller sips all throughout the day to meet the body's requirements of water adeptly.
1) Mujhe 6 weeks Ki pregnancy hai. Es Mujhe 3 date liye date bhi ayi thi Koi problem to nai hai. 2) Kya main hubby ke sath abh bhi physical relationship me reh skti hu nd main fingering kar skti hu koi nuksan to nai hai?
Hello doctor, I am 7 months pregnant and sometime I feel little pain on my stomach pls tell me why this is happening?
I am having a problems wd my periods. They r vry irregular and from last month its not happening. There z some dark brown excretion and I dnt knw why its happening. Cn you pls tell wht z the problem m having.
Runner’s knee is a very common problem with athletes. It is definitely not something one needs to worry about. In fact, with certain exercises, it can be prevented and if you do develop a runner’s knee, it can be treated with some exercises as well.
There are special sports medical practitioners who prescribe not only regular physiotherapy, but also specific exercises to deal with specific sports injuries. To fight with runner’s knee pain, there are a few exercises.
But the four most important ones are described in detail below.
- Quads: For performing proper quads, all you need is a back wall for additional support. You need to hold yourself against the wall and keep your legs apart from each other. The legs should be folded in the knees. In this position, you have to move up till the knee position with a minimum of one minute hold time in the knee position. You can repeat this exercise 10 times at a stretch before moving on to the next exercise.
- Hamstring: This is a fairly easier exercise than the previous one. You have to stand straight with your legs apart. Bend downwards from your hips. Relax your neck and back. Ease your head downwards as well. Keep your hands behind. Join both your hands and give it a stretch. If you think that this position is straining your neck or back a little too much, then you can simply stretch your hands without joining them.
- Calves: Calves is a standard exercise that is prescribed by medical practitioners and physiotherapists for easing out the pain caused by runner’s knee. You have to stand with your hand against the wall. Put your left leg forward and bend it at the knees. Stand on your right heel. Hold yourself in this position for 20 to 30 seconds before changing the legs and doing the same.
- Lateral: Lateral is also one of the easiest and common forms of exercises. You have to stand with your legs directly below your hips. Then stretch your right leg apart. Without bending your knees, try to touch the toes of your right leg with the fingers of your left hand. Hold this position for 20 to 30 seconds before changing the position and performing the lateral with your left leg.
Thus, these are some of the very fundamental exercises that one should follow in order to get quick relief from the pains of a runner’s knee. These exercises are very easy and help in reducing pain. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a orthopedist.
I have 9 month old baby boy. I want to remove the habit of breastfeeding within 1 week. What I do for this?
Hlo .i had unprotected sex on 5 april n take unwanted 72 pill in one hour. After 8 days I felt light bleeding from last 13 days n Itching also. My period date is 29 april. Now From 2 days I felt like regular periods. N 3rd day they stops. Is any chance of pregnancy. please help.
Fertility is a potential for reproduction. In other words, fertility is an ability to have babies or to reproduce. When fertility rate in a community, increases more babies are born. To produce an offspring it depends on age, health and other factors of the woman. When we talk about fertility rates it means the number of births that happen during a certain time period in a specific location. On the other end, lack of ability to reproduce is termed as infertility. There are various treatments to deal with fertility issues and one of the ancient and natural as well as a trusted treatment is Ayurveda.
Female infertility is caused due to structural problems like blocked fallopian tubes, a defect in cervical canal, uterine fibroids or polyps. Hormonal imbalance leading to ovulation problems too can cause infertility. In males. infertility may have anatomical, psychological, hormonal or lifestyle related causes. The cause of infertility in approximately 20% of couples can't be determined using the currently available methods of investigation. From Ayurvedic perspectives, shukra dhatu can get affected by various physical, mental causes and even by serious diseases. Poor quality shukra dhatu can cause infertility in males & females.
Failure to reproduce
Ayurveda For Infertility
Ayurveda is one of the world's oldest holistic healing systems. It is based on the belief that health and wellness depend on a delicate balance between the mind, body and Spirit. The primary focus of Ayurvedic medicine is to promote good health, rather than fight disease. Fertility problems are increasing these days for many young couples. There are many factors which account for this like Lifestyle, delayed marriages, diet, etc. But Ayurveda not only does explain how to increase fertility with herbal supplements, but it also focuses on how to have healthy children.
For a pregnancy to be healthy and successful, a couple needs to take care of the following four essential factors:
- Sperm/Ovum (Seeds)
- Uterus (Soil)
- Nourishment (Water)
- Time for Conception (Timing of Sowing)
Reproductive health, in both men and women, depends on the health of the reproductive tissue or shukra dhatu. In women, shukra creates the ovum as part of the monthly cycle, and in men, the semen is formed due to sexual stimulation. The shukra is created as part of a long chain of metabolic transformations. It starts with the digestion of food, then goes on to the transformation of food to nutrient fluid, blood, muscle, fat, bone, bone marrow, and finally, to shukra tissue. Healthy shukra tissue, then, according to Ayurveda, depends on the health of all the other tissues in the body.
Foods to Nourish All Seven Dhatus (Bringhana)
- Fresh, organic fruits and vegetables
- Dairy proteins, including milk, lassi, and panir (a fresh cheese made of milk)
- Whole grains
- Mung dhal
- Soaked almonds or soaked walnuts
- Dried fruits such as dates, figs, and raisins
- Sweet, juicy fruits such as mangoes, peaches, plums, and pears
- If your digestion is strong, eat urad dhal (available at Indian grocery stores) cooked with equal parts turmeric, cumin, coriander, and fennel.
- A banana cooked in ghee, cinnamon and cardamom is a tasty and wholesome dessert for people with strong digestion.
Foods to Enhance the Reproductive Tissue (Vrishya)
Spices such as ajwain powder, cumin (which purifies the uterus in women and the genitourinary tract in men), turmeric (to improve the interaction between hormones and targeted tissues), and black cumin.
In general, it's important to eat a wide variety of foods in order to receive all the essential nutrients. Keep trying new vegetables and fruits, and rotate your menus to make sure you're not eating the same thing day after day.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!