Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. SubhamYour feedback matters!
My son is 2.5 months old. His nose is filled and he have difficulty in taking breath. And when I give him milk with bottle he vomit it. Cough is also there.
Is it fine to feed a 14 month baby with butter, ghee in the food? should the sweet intake be restricted too, though my baby enjoys sweet preparations.
Mera beta 2.5 saal ka hai uska body bohat thin hai khana thik se leta nahi hai agar morning ko khaya to din raat ko khuch bhi nahi khata khana khilane se rone start karta hai please doctor thora bata dijiye is problmko.
My kid is 2.8 years old, started going to school few months ago. His teacher was complaining about his hyper activity in classroom. We observed the same in our home as well. He started pushing kids and getting horse sometimes without reason. We are tensed to see this type of behavior. Please suggest any resolution.
My son 2 years old he have prob in worm in motion area. He said always biting that worm. 2 months back I gave bandy suspension. Now what I do? He is crying fully night for that. Kindly answer and help soon urgent! Pls.
I am 36 yr old female. I delivered a baby 15 days back through normal delivery. On my 10 th day visit my gynaec found slight inflammation in the stitches near the vagina and prescribed rutoheel tablet to be taken twice a day for 5 days. My question- is the tablet safe when I am breastfeeding my baby? please help.
Quadrovax vaccine for dtp and tresivac vaccine for mmr fine for 5 years child? my child is now 4.5 years old, as per record he supposed to take 2nd booster of dtp. He got first booster of dtp vaccine from pentaxim brand, which is called to be a painless medicine (i do understand the difference between painful and painless). Since as of now (june-2015) pentaxim brand is not available because of some unknown reason. I would like to know more about quadrovax vaccine for dtp and tresivac vaccine for mmr fine for 5 years child? this is from serum manufacture? may I know if you have used same vaccination of your child and you are properly satisfied from that.
My daughter is 17 month old since last one month she have problem of latrine. She was done not enough latrine at a time.in a day 10 to 15 times she done latrine in very small quantity. Dr.suggest MU Out. Evaque.aristozyme syp. Frora schate but it is not getting positive result. Suggest or diagnose my angels problem.
The primary or milk teeth begins to erupt at about 6 months of life with the complete set in place by 2.5 years of age, and the entire set is replaced by the age of 14. The benefits of some of the preventive dental measures are outlined below.
- Maternal care during pregnancy: The teeth begin to form during the second trimester of pregnancy. It is very important that the maternal diet includes sufficient amounts of calcium, potassium, and fluoride for optimal tooth mineralization. Good tooth structure has greater resistance to decay than hypomineralized teeth.
- Routine oral hygiene: For the first 6 months, though there are no teeth, after each nursing, end it with a spoonful or two of water to wash down the milk. Gradually, the gums can be just wiped with a gauze pad or soft cotton to remove any residual bacteria. The baby also gets used to this habit, and once the teeth are in, there are lesser bacteria for the decay process to begin. Once the teeth begin to erupt, the nursing habits also need to be modified to ensure the baby is not allowed to go to sleep with a bottle. This is a common practice to put the baby to sleep and should be avoided to reduce the occurrence of nursing bottle caries.
- Fluoride application: Fluoride has been shown to have significant benefits in preventing caries. Once routine dental visits begin, then the dentist will be able to tell if fluoride needs to be applied. This can happen either in the form of a gel or varnish that is applied in the dental office or as a paste that is used at home. This helps in building resistance to decay.
- Pit and fissure sealants: The tooth has a number of pits and fissures which are 8 times more vulnerable to decay than other surfaces. Deep pits are shown to harbor more bacteria and thereby greater incidence of caries. There are sealants which are thin resins that can be applied on the tooth, which can reduce bacteria accumulation and further decay.
- Space maintainers: In the event that a child has lost a tooth, either due to trauma or decay and subsequent infection, then a space maintainer should be placed within the next 3 months. This helps in maintaining the space and establishing a good bite during the transition phase and later, once the permanent teeth are in place.
- Orthodontic treatment: If there is malocclusion, then early intervention helps by reducing treatment time and getting better results as the teeth and periodontium are still very elastic and are more malleable to movement.
By doing these preventive measures early in life, the result is a child who has healthier teeth, less decay, less pain, and a happy smile all the time! If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dentist and ask a free question.