Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Subha DattarYour feedback matters!
Hi. My hair is thinning out so much. Each day I feel like dying when I see my hairs drain out so badly from roots. My hair was so so thick but now it has become so thin. I don't know what to do. Please help me. I am going in depression. Few months back I also faced irregular periods, I am taking evion 400, its been 10 days but no results could be seen. Please help me.
My wife is 29 week pregnant , doctor asked for ICT teat , I got report and ICT is positive, wanted to know what harm it can do for child.
Actually My girlfriend's period is coming on time as monthly but the blood is not coming during her period, She stops coming bleeding in her Period as having pain alot but no bleeding.
Hi am 12 weeks pregnant and recently got my reports for thyroid. The TSH shows 5.850 value which I think is quite high during pregnancy. I think thats the reason I have been losing weight. My weight was 50 kgs n now m just 46.1 kg. My height being 5.7" M really worried about my health n d baby as well. Does thyroid harm the baby? And d medicines? What is safer. alopathic or homeopathic? I am always irritated since I hv conceived. So much of mood swings. I do not feel like eating anything. What is happening I am unable to understand. Please guide n help me with the problem n advise me with the best possible solution.
I'm 23 years girl, sometimes in a day, I feel too much burning in vagina area and urine too, it's too irritating, what to do for this, please help, its really so painful?
I miss my period 10 day and I am still virgin its ist time I miss period and I feel head pain and lower stomach pain when I pick heavy thinks please tell me what is this problem?
Ideally, surgical incisions are primarily designed to allow easy access to the desired areas in addition to possibilities of extension, if required. Further, they should be designed to split muscles rather than cut them, with minimal scarring along with the aim of boosting regenerative and healing qualities.
Incisions can be classified under these three groups; Vertical, Transverse and Oblique incisions.
- Vertical incision
1. Midline incision: Almost all abdominal incisions can be performed using this technique. Starting from the midline of the abdomen, it can extend all the way down to the umbilicus.
a) Minimal blood loss
b) Minimal nerve injury
c) Minimal muscle injury
a) Midline scar
2. Paramedian incision: This technique provides more laterality to midline incisions, allowing access to such lateral organs such as spleen, kidney and adrenals.
a) Easy access to lateral structures
b) Closure between incisions in anterior and posterior sheath is more secure
c) Rectus muscle remains undivided
a) More time consuming
b) Difficulty in extension
c) Can result in atrophy of the muscle
3. Mayo-Robson incision: This incision is typically a paramedian incision, but which bend towards the xiphoid process and consequently allows for a larger and wider opening.
- Transverse incision
1. Transverse incision: This type of incision is made just above the umbilicus, and can dissect either one of the rectal muscles.
a) Least amount of pain and damage
b) Muscular segments can be reattached
c) Easier access to upper GI structures
a) Limited lateral access
b) Higher risk of wound infections
2. Subcostal incision: Also referred to as the Kocher subcostal incision, this type of incision starts from the midline and runs parallel to the costal margin. A double Kocher incision is known as a rooftop of Chevron incision and allows for access to the esophagus, kidney, stomach and liver. The Mercedes incision is yet another variant, characterized by a vertical incision from the rooftop incision to form the shape of a Mercedes sign.
a) Heals faster
b) Less risk of post-operative complications
a) Lengthy and time-consuming
- Oblique incisions
They are also known as Thoracoabdominal incisions, these incisions may either be situated in the RUQ or LUQ. They provide entry to the liver, lungs and spleen, as well as to the stomach and esophagus.
- Laparoscopic incision
This technique comprises of tiny cuts in the skin that allow laparoscopic tools and instrument access into the abdominal cavity
Related Tip: "Caring For Your Incision After Surgery?"