Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Subeda KulkarniYour feedback matters!
I got my periods on 29th March and I participated in sex with my husband after 5th of April. And not sure about the intercourse, is there any chance of getting pregnancy, if yes suggest me Natural methods to avoid pregnancy.
My friend had unprotected sex and she have taken pill within 72 hours that is 7th night between 10 pm to 11 pm she had sex and she had taken pill on 10th morning. Now she missed her period which generally comes on 13th of any month. Today is 18th n still she is not getting periods but felt little cramp n white discharge. Is this normal or you can suggest something?
माहवारी (मासिक धर्म) के सभी दोषों को दूर करना
1. किशमिश: पुरानी किशमिश को 3 ग्राम की मात्रा में लेकर इसे लगभग 200 मिलीलीटर पानी में रात को भिगोकर रख दें। सुबह इसे उबालकर रख लें। जब यह एक चौथाई की मात्रा में रह जाए तो इसे छानकर सेवन करने से मासिक-धर्म के सभी दोष नष्ट हो जाते हैं।
2. तिल: काले तिल 5 ग्राम को गुड़ में मिलाकर माहवारी (मासिक) शुरू होने से 4 दिन पहले सेवन करना चाहिए। जब मासिक धर्म शुरू हो जाए तो इसे बंद कर देना चाहिए। इससे माहवारी सम्बंधी सभी विकार नष्ट हो जाते हैं। लगभग 8 चम्मच तिल, एक गिलास पानी में गुड़ या 10 कालीमिर्च (इच्छानुसार) पीसकर गर्म कर लें। आधा पानी बच जाने पर 2 बार रोजाना पीयें, यह मासिक- धर्म आने के 15 मिनट पहले से मासिकस्राव तक सेवन करें। ऐसा करने से मासिक-धर्म खुलकर आता है। 14 से 28 मिलीलीटर बीजों का काढ़ा एक ग्राम मिर्च के चूर्ण के साथ दिन में तीन बार देने से मासिक-धर्म खुलकर आता है। तिल, जौ और शर्करा का चूर्ण शहद में मिलाकर खिलाने से प्रसूता स्त्रियों की योनि से खून का बहना बंद हो जाता है।
3. ज्वार: ज्वार के भुट्टे को जलाकर इसकी राख को छान लें। इस राख को 3 ग्राम की मात्रा में पानी से सुबह के समय खाली पेट मासिक-धर्म चालू होने से लगभग एक सप्ताह पहले देना चाहिए। जब मासिक-धर्म शुरू हो जाए तो इसका सेवन बंद कर देना चाहिए। इससे मासिक-धर्म
के सभी विकार नष्ट हो जाते हैं।
4. चौलाई: चौलाई की जड़ को छाया में सुखाकर बारीक पीस लें। इसे लगभग 5 ग्राम मात्रा में सुबह के समय खाली पेट मासिक-धर्म शुरू होने से लगभग 7 दिनों पहले सेवन करें। जब मासिक-धर्म शुरू हो जाए तो इसका सेवन बंद कर देना चाहिए। इससे मासिक-धर्म के सभी विकार
नष्ट हो जाते हैं।
5. असगंध: असगंध और खाण्ड को बराबर मात्रा में लेकर बारीक पीस लें, फिर इसे 10 ग्राम लेकर पानी से खाली पेट मासिक धर्म शुरू होने से लगभग 7 दिन पहले सेवन करें। जब मासिक-धर्म शुरू हो जाए तो इसका सेवन बंद कर देना चाहिए। इससे मासिक-धर्म के सभी विकार नष्ट हो जाते हैं।
6. रेवन्दचीनी: रेवन्दचीनी 3 ग्राम की मात्रा में सुबह के समय खाली पेट माहवारी (मासिक धर्म) शुरू होने से लगभग 7 दिन पहले सेवन करें। जब मासिक-धर्म शुरू हो जाए तो इसका सेवन बंद कर देना चाहिए। इससे मासिक-धर्म के सभी विकार नष्ट हो जाते हैं।
7. कपूरचूरा: आधा ग्राम कपूरचूरा में मैदा मिलाकर 4 गोलियां बनाकर रख लें। प्रतिदिन सुबह खाली पेट एक गोली का सेवन माहवारी शुरू होने से लगभग 4 दिन पहले स्त्री को सेवन करना चाहिए। मासिक-धर्म शुरू होने के बाद इसका सेवन नहीं करना चाहिए। इससे मासिक-धर्म के सभी विकार नष्ट हो जाते हैं।
8. राई: मासिक-धर्म में दर्द होता हो या स्राव कम होता हो तो गुनगुने पानी में राई के चूर्ण को मिलाकर, स्त्री को कमर तक डूबे पानी में बैठाने से लाभ होता है। 9. मूली: मूली के बीजों का चूर्ण सुबह-शाम जल के साथ 3-3 ग्राम सेवन करने से ऋतुस्राव (माहवारी) का अवरोध नष्ट
10. अडूसा (वासा): अड़ूसा के पत्ते ऋतुस्त्राव (मासिकस्राव) को नियंत्रित करते हैं। रजोरोध (मासिकस्राव अवरोध) में वासा पत्र 10 ग्राम, मूली व गाजर के बीज प्रत्येक 6 ग्राम, तीनों को 500 मिलीलीटर पानी में पका लें। चतुर्थाश शेष रहने पर यह काढ़ा कुछ दिनों तक सेवन करने से लाभ होता है।
11. कलौंजी: 2-3 महीने तक भी मासिक-धर्म के न होने पर और पेट में भी दर्द रहने पर एक कप गर्म पानी में आधा चम्मच कलौंजी का तेल और 2 चम्मच शहद मिलाकर सुबह-शाम को खाना खाने के बाद सोते समय 30 दिनों तक पियें। नोट: इस प्रयोग के दौरान आलू और बैगन नहीं खाना चाहिए।
12. विदारीकन्द: विदारीकन्द का चूर्ण 1 चम्मच और मिश्री 1 चम्मच दोनों को पीसकर 1 चम्मच घी के साथ मिलाकर रोजाना सुबह-शाम सेवन करने से मासिक-धर्म में अधिक खून आना बंद होता है। विदारीकन्द के 1 चम्मच चूर्ण को घी और चीनी के साथ मिलाकर चटाने से मासिक-धर्म में अधिक खून आना बंद हो जाता है।
13. उलटकंबल: उलटकंबल की जड़ की छाल का गर्म चिकना रस 2 ग्राम की मात्रा में कुछ समय तक रोज देने से हर तरह के कष्ट से होने वाले मासिक-धर्म में लाभ मिलता है।
उलटकंबल की जड़ की छाल को 6 ग्राम लेकर 1 ग्राम कालीमिर्च के साथ पीसकर रख लें। इसे मासिक धर्म से 7 दिनों पहले से और जब तक मासिक-धर्म होता रहता है तब तक पानी के साथ लेने से मासिक-धर्म नियमित होता है। इससे बांझपन दूर होता है और गर्भाशय को शक्ति प्राप्त होती है।
अनियमित मासिक-धर्म के साथ ही, गर्भाशय, जांघ और कमर में दर्द हो तो उलटकंबल की जड़ का रस 4 ग्राम निकालकर चीनी के साथ सेवन करने से 2 दिन में ही लाभ मिलता है।
If you are having chronic and persistent trouble in reaching the summit if the bliss during love making, then the problem may have less to do with the quality of your sex life or the level of attraction that you feel towards your partner. You may be suffering from a condition known as Orgasmic Dysfunction. Yes, this actually is a real condition with a real name for it, in medical terms! Let us find out more about this ailment.
What does it mean?
Orgasmic Dysfunction is the term used for people who have difficulty in reaching an orgasm despite plenty of arousal, lubrication and even sexual stimulation. An orgasm is usually characterised by an intense feeling of release that one feels after passing through excitement, stimulation and peak, in the process of having sex. When this release does not take place, there are chances that you may be suffering from orgasmic dysfunction. Men and women can both suffer from this problem.
Causes: There are a number of causes for this ailment. To begin with, one can suffer from this condition due to the advancement of age. Also, other medical conditions that are on the chronic side may have a bearing on your sex life, which may also determine whether or not you are able to enjoy an orgasm. Further, if a woman has been through gynaecology related procedures and surgeries, like a hysterectomy, she may experience this ailment. Not being able to reach an orgasm could also be a side effect of various kinds of medication like anti-depressants which make use of selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs). Also, anxiety, stress and related factors can lead to this condition.
Types of orgasmic dysfunction: There are several types of this disorder including primary anorgasmia (for someone who has never experienced an orgasm), secondary anorgasmia (where having an orgasm is a difficult task), situational anorgasmia (where one can only orgasm with certain types of sexual activities like masturbation or oral sex), and finally, general anorgasmia (complete inability to achieve an orgasm even after ample stimulation).
Diagnosis: The diagnosis of the issue will usually be carried out by the gynaecologist or sexologist who will take your sexual history and conduct a physical examination.
Treatment: There are varied forms of treatment that come into play for problems such as this one. One of them includes therapy and couples counselling, while treatment for underlying ailments may also be carried out. Greater clitoral stimulation may also be required in such a condition. In severe cases, the doctor may have to conduct oestrogen hormone therapy. Relationship problems can also trigger such conditions and persistent symptoms must be checked by a medical practitioner.
We are couples and we are in a relationship from past 5-6 years. Few days ago we had sex. But unfortunately there was a contraceptive failure. She took unwanted 72 next day. But we are very afraid. Is there any chance of getting pregnancy even after taking medicine on time. If she conceives then what will be the safe time period for abortion.
I am 29 year old women and suffering pain in right side boob since last one month. I have verified by three doctors but no solution after getting pills it temporary relief but after some time it started again. Give me permanent solution.
Me and my gf had sex 3 times these year. She took ipill every time and got withdrawal bleeding after 5 days every time and she also gets normal period after 30 days interval. Past 3 months we do not have sex. Today Is her last day of period. But from her nipples some milky fluid is coming only when squeezed and it is not stopping. Why it is happening? Is She Pregnant?
I am 21 years old, from 3 months. I am getting periods 7 to 10 days late every month, so how can I get periods earlier.
I and my gf had sex on 14 th but I have withdrawal my penis at the time of ejaculation and she did not get menstrual till now is this the accurate symptom of pregnancy? And she is saying that she had sensation that periods are coming but it does not came what to do? Is she is pregnant? If she is pregnant how to stop pregnancy?
My son is 8 yrs old, his mouse stinks whenever he wake up in the morning, very bad smell is coming from his mouth, please tell me any good tooth paste or any other thing that can permanently remove the bad odour from his mouth
My aunt wanted to have kid with me .so we used to have sex daily. To achieve pregnancy. Can we continue sex .or should I stop it because she is pregnant. Can I have sex with her until baby is born.
How many sperm count for pregnancy? My husband sperm count is 26.80/million motility 50% Active 40% suggestive 10%
I missed my periods. It is 20 days late; last week I applied a pregnancy test and that shows negative result. I am a low BP patient and this is not first time with me. If I'm not pregnant what should I do in case of my missed periods. Please prescribe me medicine which helps me to bring back my menstruation cycle and doesn't show adverse affect in Condition.
I am 32+,i have 3 child's with secierion delivery.After one month of my third delivery when i discharge urine i have pain that cannot tolerate. I go for check up to doctor they investigates all tests :urine routine,culture,ultra sound of lower abdomen for stone and lot of medicines but not get relief.From last one year am suffering from that pain.Please suggest me
Health benefits of red kidney beans:
With their deep red color, cooked red kidney beans can liven up a wide range of meals including salads, soups and stews. But did you know that these little legumes can do much more than just that? packed with protein, soluble (and insoluble) fiber, folate (vitamin b9), magnesium, potassium and a number of other health promoting nutrients, red kidney beans (haricots rouges, red beans, in french) are a true superfood.
1. Protection against heart disease
In the renowned seven countries study, researchers investigated associations between the intake of certain food groups and mortality from coronary heart disease over a 25-year period. The researchers concluded that a higher legume consumption could reduce the risk of heart attack by more than 80%.
The findings of the seven countries study are not surprising considering that legumes such as red kidney beans are cram full of folate (also known as vitamin b9) and fiber, both of which promote cardiovascular health. Just one cup (177 grams) of cooked red kidney beans provides a third of the recommended daily intake for folate! folate deficiency has been linked to an increased risk of heart disease, coronary complications, and stroke. Vitamin b9 also helps eliminate homocysteine, a toxic substance that can lead to severe artery damage.
The soluble fiber in red kidney beans contributes to their heart health benefits by forming a gel-like substance in the digestive tract. This gel then binds with bile, which contains cholesterol, and carries it out of the body.
2. Extraordinary antioxidant and anti-aging prowess
The health benefits of eating red kidney beans are not only linked to their fiber and folate content; red kidney beans are also supercharged with antioxidants. Antioxidants are believed to have strong anti-aging properties and to promote longevity by limiting damage caused by free radicals. This helps protect the skin and the rest of the body from long-term health problems caused by environmental factors and unhealthy foods.
3. Flavonoids represent one of the most important classes of antioxidants, and red kidney beans are exceptionally rich in flavonoids, particularly in proanthocyanidins (also known as condensed tannins). According to an analysis conducted by usda researcher ronald prior, red kidney beans contain even more proanthocyanidins than blueberries, cranberries, and small red beans.
Tip: check out our online guide to anti-wrinkle foods and nutrition for diet tips, food recommendations and recipes designed for people who want to prevent wrinkles and maintain a youthful skin by eating and avoiding specific foods.
4. Stabilizing effect on blood sugar levels and weight loss benefits
If the health benefits of red kidney beans described above are not enough to convince you to add these little powerhouse legumes to your diet, consider this: the fiber, protein and complex carbohydrates in red kidney beans helps stabilize blood sugar levels, making red kidney beans a very good food for people with insulin resistance, hypoglycemia or diabetes. The blood sugar stabilizing effects of kidney beans can also assist obese and overweight people in their battle against excess body fat. When the blood sugar levels are stable, less insulin is released by the pancreas. One of the tasks of insulin is to promote fat storage in the body, so keeping insulin levels low can help you achieve healthy weight loss.
Tip: if you are interested in learning more about healthy weight loss, visit our pages dedicated to weight loss nutrition.
5. A healthy source of protein
Protein is vital for many bodily processes, including building and repairing tissue. Your hair and nails are mostly made up of protein, and protein is an important building block of muscles and skin. Protein is made of strands of amino acids, and amino acids are categorized as non-essential (meaning they can be manufactured by the human body) and essential (meaning they must be obtained from food). A complete protein is a protein that contains all of the essential amino acids in correct proportions for supporting biological functions in the human body.
Generally, proteins derived from animal foods (meats, poultry, seafood, dairy) are complete. However, also beans such as red kidney beans can provide a complete protein — when combined with rice or grains. Red kidney beans are low in the amino acid lysine, while rice is rich in this essential amino acid. The art of combining foods with incomplete proteins (such as beans and rice) to create a complete protein is known as protein combining or protein complementing. Eating a meal composed of red kidney beans and rice (or grains) will not only provide you with a complete protein, it will also provide you with a protein-rich meal.
Zika virus causes a deadly disease called Zika fever or Zika virus disease that spreads by the bite of the Aedes mosquito. The Zika virus is a member of the virus family FLAVIVIRIDAE and is closely related to the dengue, yellow fever, Japanese Encephalitis, and West Nile viruses. It was isolated in the Zika forest of Uganda in 1947 and is known to be prevalent in continents like Africa and Asia primarily, though it’s slowly making headway in the developed world and has spawned the deadly 2015-2016 Zika virus epidemic.
What are symptoms of Zika fever?
People with Zika virus disease can have symptoms which are similar to Dengue, like-
- Red Eye
- Muscle Pain
- Skin Rash
These symptoms usually last for 2-7 days.
Complications of Zika virus disease
According to WHO, Zika virus infection during pregnancy causes congenital brain abnormalities like microcephaly. And the infection can also trigger the Guillain-Barré syndrome. Microcephaly is a condition where a child is born with a small head or the head stops growing after birth and the Guillain-Barré syndrome is a rare condition in which a person’s immune system attacks the peripheral nerves which control muscle movement and sensation.
Even as we read this, intense efforts are being expended to investigate the link between Zika virus and a number of other neurological disorders.
How does Zika spread?
The causes of Zika are:
- The bite of the Aedes mosquito that is infected with the Zika virus. This mosquito is the same that spreads dengue, chikungunya, and yellow fever. It bites primarily in the daytime.
- Unprotected sexual intercourse
- Zika’s transmission through blood transfusion is being investigated.
How can you prevent Zika infection?
Protection against mosquito bites is the most foolproof ways to prevent a Zika virus infection. Other ways to prevent Zika infection via mosquito bites are:
- Just like Dengue prevention, you must cover your body properly, especially during daytime
- Use physical barriers such as window screens or closing doors and windows against the mosquitoes
- Sleep under mosquito nets
- Using insect repellents containing DEET, IR3535 or icaridin
- Take extra care of young children, sick and elderly people
- Cover, empty or clean mosquito breeding sites in and around your house or colony like empty buckets, drums, flower pots and used tyres that can fill-up with water and breed mosquitoes
- Encourage your family and community to support local government efforts to reduce mosquitoes in their localities
- Insist on regular spraying of insecticide for mosquito control in your locality.
For stemming sexual transmission of Zika, the WHO recommends that sexually active men and women be counselled to practice safe sex using condoms. WHO also recommends that people who have come back after travelling from Zika virus zones should be extremely careful in practising safe sex or abstinence for the first 6 months at least, for preventing a pregnancy.
If affected, what is the treatment?
Zika virus disease is usually mild and requires no specific treatment as such.
Infected people are advised plenty of rest, asked to drink enough fluids, and treat pain and fever with common medicines like Ibuprofen. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.
The nasal septum divides the nose into two nostrils or airways. When this septum is defective in structure or position, it can cause several physical difficulties like breathing problems, sleep apnea, bleeding, sinusitis, etc. The surgery to correct the nasal septum is known as septoplasty. The surgery is very common and has a high rate of success.
Reason: When the bone and cartilage separating the two chambers is crooked and deformed, it prevents the air from flowing properly through either one of the nostrils. People suffering from this condition often breathe through their mouth and this leads to respiratory tract infections. So, the septum is fixed with the help of septoplasty.
- First, your medical history is taken. A thorough physical examination is conducted and the nose is photographed from the inside and the outside. You may also be asked to avoid medication like ibuprofen, naproxen and aspirin for a few days since these can increase the bleeding after surgery.
- Septoplasty is performed under general or localized anesthesia and takes about 90 minutes. Incisions are made on the inside of the nose and the mucus membrane is lifted.
- Then, the pieces of cartilage that are affecting normal functioning are repositioned or removed.
- If the nasal bone is causing the septum to be wrongly aligned, then cuts are made on the bone and it is positioned correctly.
- Sometimes, cartilage grafts (called spreader grafts) are put in between the upper nose cartilage and the septum to widen the narrow nostril.
- After this, the mucus membrane is put back in place and stitched.
Post- surgical care: A nasal support is put inside the nose to help it heal and keep it straight. The support is removed after two days but there may be swelling and occasional nasal discharge for a few days. The tissues and cartilage become stable within 4 to 6 months. You are asked not to blow your nose or cough and sneeze too much as these might displace the nasal support. The head is to be kept at a higher level than the rest of the body while sleeping and physically demanding exercises are to be avoided in order to prevent nosebleeds.
Risks: Septoplasty is not performed if the patient had high level of blood sugar or high blood pressure. It is also delayed in case of any kind of infection in the nose, mouth or in the respiratory tract.