Find numerous Psychologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Psychologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Psychologists online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Depression
Treatment of Anxiety
Treatment of Anxiety and Depression
Treatment Of Anxiety Attacks
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Stress
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behavior
Treatment of Trichotillomania
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Treatment of Autistic Spectrum Disorder
Submit a review for Dr. Suasth OnestepYour feedback matters!
I am facing psychological issues and it's related to have an urge of making relationships with many girls at a time. I just feel to talk about one thing only. How can I avoid this and why I feel like this?
What Is Adjustment Disorder
Adjustment disorder is considered to be a group of conditions, which usually occur when a person experiences difficulty in coping with the stressful life events. These usually include relationship issues, job issues or the demise of a loved one. The incapacity to adjust to stressful events leads to psychological and sometimes physical symptoms.
Symptoms of Adjustment Disorder
The psychological and physical symptoms linked with adjustment disorder occur either during or instantly after a stressful event. The disorder only lasts for 6 months, but the symptoms might continue if the stressor has not been removed. The symptoms might vary from person to person.
The psychological symptoms are anxiety, crying, impulsiveness, lack of concentration, low or loss of self esteem, feeling hopeless, sad or trapped, and withdrawn attitude along with suicidal tendencies.
These physical symptoms can include trembling, twitching of the muscles, soreness, body pain, insomnia, indigestion and fatigue.
Adjustment disorder might display psychological and physical symptoms separately or together.
Types of Adjustment Disorder
There are 6 adjustment disorders and each one of them is associated with different symptoms:
1) Adjustment disorder with depressed mood: People diagnosed with this suffer from feelings of hopelessness and sadness is often related with crying. Also, a person might not enjoy the activities, which he earlier enjoyed.
2) Adjustment disorder with anxiety: Symptoms of this are anxiety along with being anxious, overwhelmed, and worried. People with this show less concentration and poor memory. When diagnosed in children, it is usually due to the separation anxiety from loved ones and parents.
3) Adjustment disorder with mixed anxiety and depressed mood: In this both anxiety and depression is experienced.
4) Adjustment disorder with disturbance of conduct: The symptoms of this disorder are more about the involvement of the behavioral issues like starting a quarrel, reckless driving, destructing property and stealing. Teens suffering from this might become absent from school.
5) Adjustment disorder with mixed disturbance of emotions and conduct: The symptoms of anxiety, depression, and behavioral issues are observed.
6) Adjustment disorder unspecified: People who are diagnosed with this type of disorder usually display symptoms those are not associated with other disorders. They exhibit more of physical symptoms and problems with family and friends or at school and workplace.
Treatment of Adjustment Disorder:
If diagnosed with an adjustment disorder, a person can definitely benefit from treatment. This is usually treated with therapy or medicines or a combination of both.
- Therapy is the first choice. A health counselor or a psychologist can give counseling and if there is a need for medication, then you might be referred to a psychiatrist.
- Medication like Nonbenzodiazepine anxiolytic, SSRI or SNRI and benzodiazepines might be prescribed for reducing the symptoms of anxiety.
I have 24yrs old i'm using the hans and tobacco in previous 2years I couldn't stop now how can I out from this happens.
Hai I'm ramu suffering from the brain (studying after 3 minutes forget) so how to improve the knowledge please kindly any suggestion or treatment.
I am 22 years old male. I have smoking habit since 1.5 years please help me to quit smoking I have tried many times but I couldn't is there any medicine or therapy.
I am having sugar for last 16 years. On oral medication. But I use to smoke about 10 cigarettes and unable to get rid of what to do?
I am a 39 year old man with no health problems but I am passing through a very stressful phase (stress related to my kid, parents, job etc). I had lost my wife to cancer a year back. I am planning for a remarriage and have been involved with a female since past 4-5 months). Off late I am having a bit of body pain, forgetfulness, excessive sweating when not in ac, sleepiness. What can be the reason. I am worried by these symptoms.
My marriage was 1 year ago. My wife is an asst professor. She do not like my family my home and members of my community. She always quarrels with me regarding my family. Bt she loves me alot. She always speak rudely to my family members. Is it a disease or not. Is there any remedy for this.
Sir, I am smoking everyday. I want to stop this habit. and again gain my fitness back. In health of lungs. What should I do? But I am addict easily towards smoking 3 days after I quit.
Hello doctor, I dont know why but my hands always shiver especially when i meet some unknown person its very embarrassing to me or my family. Please advice me how to cure it. Thanks
Respected Doctor, I am an 18 year old male, and I suspect that I may be suffering from a bipolar disorder or depression. Since the last two months I have been unable to concentrate on anything that I used to like. I have grown very impatient and irritable. Though I have had a bad temper since childhood , I am experiencing anger that I had never experienced before, throwing stuff, punching the wall and having feelings of hopelessness, crying suddenly, self guilt and feelings of isolating myself from my friends and family. I never talk to someone about my condition as I do not feel I can rely on someone and I think people might mistake my condition to be an imaginary ailment. I can give you more information if you want. Please help me , I feel really alone and hopeless right now.
I know I overeat at meals, but I can't help it. If I limit my portions, I'm hungry an hour later. How can I avoid overeating and have better control of my appetite? My stomach aches, thought it becomes fine in a day, but still it pains regularly, what to do?
Hi i am 28 years old male. i think i have problem mentally. I have completed b.e in 2008. Then joined in small electrical companies. Then i quit job because to get good engg job, but couldn't find one. Then i did SAP course for 4 lakhs which was given by father. Who still have hope in me. But in software industries they are hiring only 2014,2013 passed outs. Some companies conducted interview but i was not able to clear first step itself. Then fathers friend referred a company. They conducted telephonic interview, i said many correct answers but with fear. I cannot able to clear it. It frustrates very much. I am cried a lot but not for first time i am crying, after college i have attended many interviews many with reference, but cannot clear interview. Every time it frustrates and i will cry a lot. Now my father got retirement. My family is in financial crisis. Now i see my father n mother also crying. I cannot able to sleep itself. sometimes if i sleep in night, but couldn't sleep deep. Mind is always thinking something. I have fear always in my mind. So when an interview comes i fear a lot like what happens if i doesn't get this job. many negative thoughts are going on. I have a electrical interview this week prepared a lot. But still i have fear. I consider this as my last interview. This is what is in my mind. Please say is this a mental disorder ? Please give me something which boosts my mind ? Thanks for reading my long history.
I am having a swelling in my left elbow. Earlier there was a pimple like thing but now it's gone and my elbow is swollen and a little red. I AM DIABETIC. I don't remember getting hurt by anything.
Delusional disorder refers to the condition in which an individual experiences non-bizarre delusions that are beliefs in things that aren't actually true. The delusions involve situations that take place in real life like being deceived or stalked, conspired against, etc but in actuality, these situations may be highly exaggerated or not true at all as they involve the misinterpretation of experiences or observations. This health problem tends to take place during the middle or later part of your life and is said to affect women more than men.
What are the symptoms associated with this condition?
There are certain signs that you can look out for to easily identify this condition and there are:
- Delusional thoughts lasting one month and above
- Lack of schizophrenia symptoms except delusions associated with the olfactory and tactile systems
- One's behavior and normal functioning doesn't witness any kind of impairment
- Duration of mood symptoms is short compared to the length of the delusions
- Disorder is not brought on by the use of substances or any medical condition
- Commencement of the disorder can vary from teenage years to later part of adulthood
What causes it to happen?
The root cause of the disorder is still not known, but experts are of the opinion that a variety of biological, genetic, environmental and psychological factors can cause it to occur.
Some of these causes include:
- Genetics: It's said that this disorder can be passed on from parents to children. Additionally, it's more common in individuals whose family members suffer from schizophrenia or one of its types.
- Psychological/ environmental: In addition to drug and alcohol abuse, delusional disorder can also be set off by stress.
- Biological: Abnormalities in certain parts of the brain can lead to this problem. Areas of brain associated with thinking and perception have been found to be connected to delusional symptoms.