Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. SriramYour feedback matters!
Hi I am 43 years old unmarried female. I was not getting period for past two Years. Recently when I went for annual health check up, I discovered red blood in my urine test. I had got spotting on Jan 23 2015, I have taken tablet nervoflex n citadil liquid. Again tdy I have realised that while passing urine I get blood. Please advice
I and my gf had sex for the 1st time on 26th feb. 2015 she lost her virginity n it bleeded alot n post tht it was paining to her so we stopped. I used protection. Before tht we had done anal sex thrice but at tht time i didnt use protection. Her period dates were 8th of this month and ahe didnt get her periods yet. Is there chances of her geting pregnant?
Now this is a very interesting topic. We have always focused on food items which help raise platelet counts. So, this topic is equally important, if not more. This blog lists various food items that are best avoided in patients having low platelet counts. Scientific evidence is lacking, in majority, on why these food items are best avoided. Most of these are gradual observations that people have noticed over the years.
So the list goes as :
- Ginkgo Biloba – used as a memory enhancer
- Ginseng – used as energy boosting supplement
- Raw garlic
- Omega three intake foods – fish etc
- Red wine
- Pineapple – which are considered as antiplatelet agents
- Fruits and vegetables that contain “salicyclates” - such as cucumbers, mushroom, raddish, berries, cherries. Salicyclates act as blood thinners and prevent clotting
- Coffee – it is not the caffeine but phenolic acids present in coffee that are the culprit.
- Foods containing quinine – ex. Tonic water – a bitter liquid which is used as a mix for alcoholic drinks
- Foods containing Aspartame: Aspartame is a low calorie sweetener. It is used in diet sodas, energy drinks, protein shakes, flavoured milk and juices, breath mints and jellies. In fact ice-creams, and chewing gums and ketchups may also contain aspartame.
The above food items are to be best avoided if you suffer from dengue.
But if your low platelet counts are diagnosed due to autoimmune diseases ( such as celiac disease), then additionally you need to take an anti-inflammatory diet along with avoidance of gluten containing foods. Now gluten containing foods are wheat, barley, rye and other grains. So these items should not be consumed if you suffer from celiac disease – a type of autoimmune disease. Anti-inflammatory diet means including fresh food in diet, minimize processed food and fast food, eat more fruits and vegetables, restrict caloric intake to 2000 to 3000 calories per day in adults. Of this caloric intake, 40-50% should come from carbohydrates, 30 % from fats, and 20 -30% from proteins.
The shoulder is a vulnerable joint in the upper body. Your shoulder joint becomes vulnerable to imbalances in the muscles as it is strongly supported by them. Bad posture, especially hunched posture, leads to tensions in muscles. This leads to chronic shoulder problems.
Here are six stretches you can do to improve mobility in your shoulder:
- Thoracic spine roll-out with shoulder flexion: Put a foam roller underneath your shoulder blades after lying down on the floor. The foam roller should be perpendicular to your spine. Place a barbell above your head. Keeping your elbows straight, lower your hips to the floor.
- Modified downward dog: Bend your knees and put your hips in the air. Place your hands on the floor. Bracing your abdomen, push your hips up. Push up like you are trying to lengthen your spine. As you do this, keep pushing your chest gently to your toes.
- Loosen the pectorals (muscles of the chest) and latissimus dorsi (widest muscle arising from the lower back): Tight muscles can often lead to shoulder immobility. To loosen pecs, put a softball between the wall and your chest. Putting pressure on the ball, roll it to your pectorals. For the latissimus dorsi, lie down sideways on the floor and put a foam roller between your body and the floor. Follow the same movements as you would do loosen the pecs.
- Sphinx pose: Lie face down on the floor and prop your body on your elbows. Push your chest off the ground, pressing your shoulder blades together. Stretching your head upwards, lift up one hand. Hold this position for a minute and then change hands.
- Child’s pose: Kneel down on the ground and sit back on your heels. Then push your torso to the ground and keep your hands stretched in front of you. You should feel a stretch in your shoulders in this position. Hold the position for 15 to 20 seconds.
- External rotation of the shoulder: Lie down on your side, holding a lightweight dumbbell on your free side. Place a foam roller there for support. Then bend your elbow at a right angle and lift the weight, keeping your upper arm stable. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Hello sir, I am 27 years old and I am unmarried but I also have urine infection i. E burning and pain in vagina after passing urine. Please sir suggest me some measures other than medication that can prevent me from urine infection bcoz I had taken so many medicines for this.
Hi doctor, I am 32 yrs old, newly married. Last week I finished with my periods & had intercourse. I had an i pill too, same day. Today morning I started bleeding. I do not know why. And I started my workout out today, treadmill & floor exercises. Why am I bleeding? Please advise.
I am on duphaston and folvite after iui. There is horrible back pain. Today is 21 day of last period. What should I do. Somewhat pain in uterus.
How to avoid pregnancy using the calendar method. Is there any other method which does not include taking oral pills.
Hlo mam m 30 years old married girl I want to ask you kya periods me 4th day k baad 3 din karne se pregnancy ho sakti h coz 2 din se I want to eat spicy food please tell me.
I am 30 years old female mother of 2 kids I had delivered 7 months back and I am breastfeeding my baby till now. I have still not got my periods n I feel that I am pregnant again however I have not done any home test is there any chances of pregnancy with breastfeeding?
2. Ignorance is certainly not bliss when it comes to sex.
3. Sexual health and sex information is very important for both partners.
4. Since teenage sex and premarital sex is so common nowadays, two things all need to know is how to avoid pregnancy and sexually transmitted diseases especially HIV.
5. Premarital sex counselling should be advised to all prospective partners.