Find numerous Orthopedists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Orthopedists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. SrinivasYour feedback matters!
Since last 5 weeks I am having my left leg plastered for metatarsal fracture. I am using my right leg for walking. Now my left leg becomes very thin. I have to continue with my plaster for 4 more weeks. What care shall I have to take to prevent thinning of my leg?
I am 28 yrs old male from kol. I have a problem with my right leg since last 2 mnths due to herniated disc l5- s1. What should I do now?
I am 25 year old male and have backache for last 1 months. I have used pain relief ointment cream for 2-3 days but haven.
I am having l4&5 listhis. Due to that seviare knee problem. Docctors asked me to get knee transplantation. More over right ear is only10% working. Iam using hearing aid also. I am 67 old. Oldage may be the cause. But I don't want to go for surgery.
I have pain in my left hand what should I do? daily when I wake up I have pain in my hand. Suggest me what should I do?
Shoulder impingement is a serious condition leading to severe pain in the shoulder blades of a person. Such kind of shoulder pain may affect anybody anytime. It basically affects the area of your shoulder facing stress due to any sort of overhead action. An impactful pressure on the tendons of bones constituting your shoulder gives rise to this disorder. This syndrome can affect a person who paints, swims, lifts or plays tennis on a regular basis. Once caused, persistent rendering of similar activities can worsen the case. If you are suffering from shoulder impingement syndrome, treatment under an experienced medical practitioner is indeed necessary as otherwise, you may have to suffer from tendinitis or bursitis.
Take a keen look at the symptoms of shoulder impingement
- Disabling pain in and around the shoulders
- Under the effect of such excruciating pain, a person has restricted use of his or her arms and neck. He or she will face difficulties in reaching to a higher position above his or head. Aiming up behind your back will also be a challenge with the existence of this syndrome.
- There is considerable weakness in the muscles of your shoulders, preventing you from working with full vigor
- If left unattended, shoulder impingement can worsen to cause Rotator Cuff Tear where the tendons tear into two distinctive parts.
Available modes of treatment
- A doctor might prescribe you anti- inflammatory drugs to relieve you from excess pain. These drugs should only be taken under the close monitoring of a specialist as they might have acute side effects. You might feel nauseous or might have an upset stomach after consuming these medications.
- Stretching your arms above your head while holding your body in an erect posture can be of great help. This stretching exercise should be tried out in a warm shower for better results.
- Other exercises under the supervision of a physiotherapist can come to your rescue as well. You should try to move your thumb up your back to recuperate from shoulder impingement.
Surgery may also be option of treatment when non-operative treatment fails or pain worsens during non-operative treatment. Surgery is performed to trim part of Acromio bone which is causing impingement on underlying Rotator cuff to provide adequate space for mobility of tendons. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Orthopedist.