Find numerous Cardiologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Cardiologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Srinivas
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. SrinivasYour feedback matters!
Hi Doctor, My husband age is 39 weight is 66 kg height is 5 feet 4 inches. He is suffering from insomnia for past 1 year and now his bp is in level 170/110 as he is not getting adequate sleep. We took ECG as his bp level is high but it looks normal. Please advice how to cure insomnia and will curing that reduce blood pressure.
I am taking psychiatry meds gor ocd and hypertension from last 7 years. My ocd is fine now. Blood pressure is high at times. I want to start gymming and take whey protein to build muscles. Last time I joined gym, I didn't use protein and lost a lot of muscle mass resulting in fatigue and tiredness. Can I take protein daily along with my ongoing meds? I feel tired all day.
Sir I have just read about the border line personality disorder (bpd) I am also having that type of disorder and having some of the symptoms in it but my problem is' different''one which is 'UN EXPLAINABLE''also I met a psychologist a month ago and am unable to explain the problems which I had. I want to say my problem which I had in my heart but when it comes to tell I am speechless. What should I do to tell clearly the problems had in my heart.
Hi Docs, My elder brother (41 yrs) is struggling with heart problem and his kidneys are affected. When checked up with docs thy said that his heart is functioning only 25% at the same time he is fighting with jaundice which is 5 as per report. Kidneys are also not helping due to these all weaknesses. Pl advice I am so much worried about my brother. Also JFYKI. He was serious yesterday in the hospital. I hope you experts give us your valued solution. Thank you.
What is Palpitation?
Palpitation is a feeling of awareness of your own heart beat. It is usually described as heart rate being either too fast (racing), too slow or a sensation of missing a beat.
Types of palpitations?
- These palpitations occur as a response to physical or mental stress like exercise, fever, pain, fear, anxiety etc.
- They are harmless and settle on their own once the precipitating factors disappear. They do not require any medical treatment.
- These palpitations occur due to some underlying abnormality in either the structure of heart or the beating of heart.
- These can be dangerous and at times life threatening. They may or may not settle on their own and require some medical treatment.
Warning signs that suggest palpitations are abnormal?
Palpitations are abnormal, if they are associated with chest heaviness, chest pain, uneasiness, sweating, weakness, giddiness, feeling of black out, fainting, nausea, vomiting, seizures. Palpitations are more likely to be abnormal in people who have some existing heart disease and these patients should report to their doctor at the earliest.
What to do during palpitations?
- Stay calm.
- Call for help. If u are alone avoid driving, use a taxi or auto, go to your nearest hospital/doctor and try to get an ECG during the palpitations. If you are helping someone having palpitations, if they faint, call for help, start CPR if they remain unresponsive and take them to the nearest hospital.
Which doctor can treat palpitations?
Doctors who specialise in the treatment of palpitations are called Electrophysiologists. They specialise in heart rhythm and are capable of performing a variety of complex tests to identify and treat different types of palpitations.
Which investigations are used to diagnose palpitations?
- ECG: Taken during palpitations and when the patient is normal is a very helpful tool.
- Holter: Externally applied recorder, which continuously records heart rhythm for 24 hrs.
- ELR: Extended loop recorder, is like holter, but it records rhythm for longer durations.
- ILR: Internal loop recorder is attached within the body for recording rhythm for long duration.
- EPS: Electrophysiology study, is the most sure shot test to diagnose, identify and treat Palpitations.
What is EPS?
EPS stands for Electrophysiology study. By this test a trained Electrophysiologist studies the conduction and formation system of heart beat, to understand the source, cause and type of palpitation. It is a simple and safe procedure of 2 to 3 hours and can be done as a day care procedure (by admitting the patient for a few hours in hospital, with discharge on same day).
It requires fasting for 4 hrs, some standard blood investigations and is done with local anaesthesia and if required it can be combined with treatment like ablation in the same sitting.In the procedure Electrophysiologist take catheters into your heart to study and stimulate the palpitations and understand them. Once found they can use various techniques to stop the palpitations, the techniques are called Ablation.
What are the treatment options available for palpitations?
There are many options depending upon the nature of palpitations and condition of the patient:
- Drug therapy
- Cardioversion where either a drug or electric shock is given to stop palpitations immediately.
- Ablations using many sophisticated computer softwares
- Device Therapy like ICD (Internal cardiac defibrillator)
- Combination of all the above therapies. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Cardiologist.