Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SouravYour feedback matters!
I am 21 years female. My periods will b irregular oftenly. Once I show to doctor n take tablets to fr periods it happens but once I complete the course n stop taking tablets my periods continue regularly only fr 2 to 3 months. And again it stops. What may b the reason. What should I do? Please suggest.
I am 25 year old male from india ,had a condom protected oral sex with a female sex worker .she looked ok did not have any visible lesions or sores on skin or on lips .she put condom on my penis and rolled back till the base ,held the base from her grip and performed oral on me for about 3-4 min after that she removed it easily and we did not indulge in any other for of sex ,the condom remained intact and ok as far a I remember also I did not have any cut or open wound on my penis neither did I have any std bcoz that was my first and last time I did it so far. After this act roughly in the midst of seventh month I had sore throat after eating junk food outside one day followed by high fewer all of this lasted for a day or two I do not remember having any diarrhea. Now 20 days ago I noticed 3-4 white lesions under my tongue got them checked by physician who prescribed me bifilac which took for two days also I was having constipation for past 3-4 days before going to doctor then I felt some problem the third day with my throat so I visited a ent who prescribed me becelac fort after which I had two small rashes on four day I continue taking the same medicine for a week the rashes grew a little and turned dark brown and purplish and started to fade away eventually soon after I stopped taking it meanwhile I went to another ent he did endoscopy of my throat and told me my throat was fine and that he did not see any palpable LAP only a slight effect of tonsils I took the medicine but did not continue after one day and went back to my physician coz I was more worried about the rash on my elbow he prescribed me bifilac and b -complex again even my mouth ulcers had not gone completely so he gave one ointment to apply also soon after starting to tak bifilac I has a itchy rash on abdomen next day the redness around it shrinked a lil ans a white head bump in the center next 2 days I had two more rashes in similar fashion each on one day gap one on my rib area and another one on my thigh .today I noticed multiple tiny bumps with white center raise suddenly on my rib area near shoulder and neck after a pinch feeling got terrified but soon they started settling down in 2-3 hours .i also have a history of nasal allergies severe sneezing had sneezing problem thrice for 1-2 days ech time in last twenty days following cold due to sitting under ac also had my cbc blood work done twice in same twenty days both seem normal to my physician also tlc count did drop between the two from 11000 to 4900 but remained in reference range doc says report is normal he also asked me for a gi endoscopy .constipation still there though not severe. I did not tell any of the docs about the sexual act .been also to a skin and vd doc she examined and said the skin issues are possible drug reaction I did tell her about my encounter with CSW .been under lot of stress and anxiety for last 20 days do not know what to do really scared .i had protected oral , am I at any possible hiv or any other sti risk .do I need to worry about taking a test or am I worrying for no reason and I should just move on .i would appreciate expert notions from related doctors.
I have seen in my practice as a counsellor too often, that people are living in big cities, full of people, but they feel very lonely from within and at the brink of anxiety and depression.
Simply defined, loneliness is a condition of emotional disconnect, socially feeling misfit and never ending solitude. Lonely people often feel insecure and pessimistic about finding desirable and compatible friendships. Poor self-esteem and an underdeveloped sense of one's worthiness, likeability and attractiveness prevent the lonely person from taking risks and venturing out into new relationships. Hence, they typically lack confidence and enthusiasm to pursue new relationships or nurture existing ones. As a chronic condition, it can be emotionally and psychologically debilitating.
Contrary to what many people believe, loneliness isn't just a result of being alone or an absence of friends. It is a deeper problem that is caused by thoughts and feelings of inadequacy, imperfection and shame. Chronically lonely people are often holding onto pessimistic predictions about the prospects of finding companionship, social connections and supportive relationships.
The lonely often suffer in silence. For many, it is hidden behind a facade of normalcy. While smiling and having fun, many hide their core feelings of loneliness. For these people, loneliness is not a reflection of what is happening in their lives at any given moment, but what occurs secretively and silently within them. When around people they know, they pretend to be upbeat, positive and happy, while at the same time feeling unworthy and insecure. Since it is a shame-based experience, it is typically kept a secret.
Lonely people inadvertently put themselves in a catch-22 situation: social opportunities seem like a heavy burden fraught with the potential of rejection or abandonment. The more you feel lonely, the more you feel inadequate and unworthy, the more you stop believing anyone will ever like or love you, the more you isolate. With a belief of potential rejection or abandonment, the lonely person is unable to put their best foot forward in any given social situation. Hence, loneliness feeds on itself.
The causes of loneliness are varied and multi-dimensional, including social, psychological and physiological factors. The major cause of chronic loneliness is often attributed to early developmental factors such as a child's lack of attachment to their adult caregivers who only conditionally love (love with strings attached) their children. Similarly, childhood neglect, abuse and abandonment are early childhood factors that eventually manifest into adult loneliness.
Since loneliness is a deeply embedded psychological experience (condition), having enough friends can never result in feeling secure and lovable. Building up one's self-esteem and ability to love, respect and care for oneself is fundamental in solving and healing the deeper psychological conditions that create chronic loneliness. Counselling helps people to explore their early childhood wounds in a safe and confidential space and learn new ways to" re-parent" themselves by learning to love, acknowledge and appreciate themselves.
Life is too short to waste on suffering from core loneliness. Please heed to my suggestion: open up, take a chance and access the hidden part of you that deserves true and loving companions. Heal your childhood wounds. Learn to love yourself and eliminate loneliness from your life!
The following are 10 tips to battle and conquer loneliness:
1. Catch your inner critic's attempts to sabotage yourself. Pay attention to self-degrading thoughts like" I am too fat for anybody to want to date" I wish I were funnier and had interesting things to say" or" people never seem to understand me"
2. Replace negative self-talk with affirming messages, such as" I am perfectly lovable just as I am" and" I welcome love, friendship and support into my life"
3. Fight the urge to isolate. Isolation validates your fears that you are not worthy of the love and support you absolutely deserve. Sometimes you have to force yourself to do exactly that which you are dreading -- like putting yourself out there.
4. Weed out the toxic relationships and create space in your life for relationships that fuel your spirit. You can't grow lovely succulent vegetables with a large patchwork of weeds.
5. Nurture your support network. Even if there is only one person to start with, you can build on it. Don't underestimate the importance of what you have to offer.
6. Expand your social network. Online social sites such as meetup. Com are an ideal place to meet people and to explore hobbies, interests and social groups.
7. Open your self-up, take risks, and allow yourself to be vulnerable. Since loneliness results in isolation, experiment by sharing aspects of yourself, including experiences, feelings, memories, dreams, desires, etc. This will help you feel more known and understood.
8. Ask for what you need. Find your voice. Tell people what you need from them to alleviate the loneliness. Friends respond to direct messages for help and support. Give it a try, you might be surprised!
9. Take action. Don't wait for an invitation. Be willing to take a risk, be proactive and invite people to share in your life, whether it is for coffee, lunch, a walk, an event or a gathering in your home.
10. Recognize the importance of being alone and enjoying solitude. Being alone is not the same as being lonely. Peace, quiet, freedom, space and the opportunity to connect with your deeper self.
11. Consider therapy. Counseling is something that is healthy and proactive that can help you overcome the self-defeating behaviors that exacerbate loneliness. With the support of a therapist, you can change your thinking and relationship patterns and achieve the life you want!
UGI endoscopy report: Oesophagus: normal. Les at 37 cms Stomach: patchy erosion present in antrum. No ulcer or growth Duodenum: D1 and D2 are normal FINAl IMPRESSION: ANTRAL EROSIONS Can you explain my report. Is anything serious in my report?
Hi doctor, I'm 23 years old I got on married on March 2016. Before my marriage I had periods regularly but now after marriage I 've irregular period past 2 months I didn't get my periods. I met a gynecology Doctor she suggested me a tablet as 5 days course after that I got my periods this was before 2 months and after that I didn't get periods at all & I'm trying for pregnancy I'm nt getting pregnant I checked. Everything is becoming abnormal I'm worried. Can you suggest me what's happening in Me doctor?
I am 42 married and want to get pregnant bg iui, i suffer from vaginumus.Please advise is it possible and the charges
With summer, woes of oily/ dry skin and hair, cough and cold, flaky scalp, asthma attacks, dust allergies and joint pain keep cropping up. Here a few tips to help you stay cool and refereshed in summers.
- Increase Vitamin C intake: Vitamin C boosts immunity that helps prevent frequent cough and cold, sore throats and sneezing bouts. Available in the form of delectable oranges, it should definitely be included in the diet.
- Include more vegetables in your diet: Summer is the season for a plethora of seasonal green vegetables, which are available fresh. They work wonders on your hair, skin and general health. Legumes too are important as they help prevent heart diseases and even cancerous growths. They are a rich source of potassium, magnesium, vitamins and fibres.
- Moderation in diet: During summer, the metabolism of the fast, but too many calories can be difficult for the body to digest. It is important to regulate the intake of sugar and carbohydrates. Digestion and gastric problems are common during summers, therefore it is necessary to cut down on processed food and eat healthy.
- Take care of your skin: The skin turns oily and flaky during summers. Dry skin is susceptible to freckles and wrinkles, therefore, constant moisturising and nourishment is of utmost need. A lot of body oils, moisturising lotions and creams are available in the market and must be used according to skin type. Lips become chapped and can even bleed profusely if not tended to at the right time. Therefore the use of lip balms and petroleum jelly is of utmost importance during this time. The use of sunscreen is a must as the ultra violet radiations are extremely harmful for the skin.
- Look after your hair: The hair tends to lose its moisture, turn rough and frizzy. Split ends become an incessant problem; dandruff and itchy scalp become annoying problems. You must start using medicated oils and shampoo to prevent further damage.
Apart from the above mentioned tips, one must try and keep warm and protected as much as possible to prevent catching cold and flu. People suffering from asthma can make use of masks while out on the streets, to prevent an attack caused by the dust and pollution. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a general physician.
My wife started losing weight since last september. November after test we were informed she is having lever her 2 positive. Then she was given herceptin inection 7 rounds every 21 days. At the same time fluid started accumulating in her lever which was removed about 9 liters. So her wt further came down and now she is being given kheemo on weekly basis (one dosage split into 3 weeks) tuxol is the name of the kheemo medicine. She is having continuous stomach ache and not able to pass her stoool and she does not feel like having food also. She looks like 90 years old lady when she is only 50 years old. Her left breast was removed during 2000 co of breast cancer. Now initially she was informed metastasis of lever. After herceptin Dr. Says her 2 is negative now (after the biopsy). We need a proper guidance so that she can put on weight and come back to her original weight of 57 kgs. Now she is 42 kg.
Carom (ajwain) is a crucial herb that is found in all Indian kitchens and is used primarily as a taste enhancer. Carom has numerous medicinal properties that make it beneficial for maintaining a good condition of your health. Dietary regime that utilizes carom on a regular basis can derive a lot of health benefits in the long term.
The following are some of the benefits of carom:
- Acidity- Carom has anti-acidity properties that can prove beneficial in providing relief from the symptoms of acidity and enables you to control your problem your acidity effectively. A solution made from a pinch of salt, carom and lukewarm water, when consumed every morning or post meal on a regular basis, works wonders.
- Asthma- The smoke of carom seeds act as a bronchodilator that is effective in easing the breathing pattern. If an asthma patient utilizes the mixture of carom seeds and jaggery twice daily on a regular basis, it will provide considerable relief from the discomforts that are associated with asthma.
- Diabetes- Carom has medicinal properties that aid you to control your blood sugar level. Consumption of a solution made from a tsp of neem powder, half tsp of cumin powder, carom seeds and a glass of hot milk on a regular basis can help you manage your blood sugar.
- Cold and migraine- Carom can be utilized for the treatment of recurrent and persistent cough and cold. Inhalation of grounded carom seeds is effective in providing relief from constant headache, cold and migraine.
- Stomach problems- Carom seeds have mild alcoholic properties that can be utilized to treat the problem of stomach pain and indigestion. A mixture of carom seed and salt when consumed with a sip of water is effective in providing relief from the symptoms of indigestion and stomachache.
- Menstrual cramps- Application of carom seed oil can help you achieve speedy relief from the discomfort of menstrual cramps. The seeds of carom act as an effective nerve tonic and reduce the intensity of menstrual cramps.
- Sperm count- Carom seeds are effective in increasing sperm count and can also be utilized to treat sexual dysfunctions. Roast a mixture of tamarind kernel, carom seeds and clarified butter; add a tsp of the mixture and honey to a glass of milk and consume it on a regular basis prior to sleep to achieve speedy results.
Related Tip: "Can Your Fridge Make You Sick?"