Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sonia
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SoniaYour feedback matters!
Piles or Hemorrhoids has become a common problem now a days. It may be due to our changed lifestyles like reduced physical activity, irregular food intake and consumption of fast food etc. These factors lead to disturbance in digestive system leading to constipation. Due to which the person has to put extra strain while passing stool leading to pulling of blood in veins and subsequent engorgement in the form of pile masses. Thus we see the Piles are nothing but engorged blood vessels in the anal canal.
Piles are commonly known as बवासीर in the society and is considered as social stigma. Due to lack of knowledge and social inhibition; people do not discuss this problem openly and are subsequently misguided by quacks like benagli treatment, madrasi treatment, Chandsi treatment etc. etc.
Anal region being a very sensitive part; the pt. usually avoids any type of surgical intervention in this area and they are looking for some alternative to surgery. We at Sushruta Anorectal Institute, are constantly trying to manage Piles in all its stages preferably without surgery or with minimal surgical intervention.
Depending upon the presentation the hemorrhoids (Piles) are grossly divided in two categories-
1. External Piles
As the name indicates; these are the pile masses which are present outside the anal orifice. They do not bleed but when large in size; may put some obstruction to the passage of stools. Some times patient complains of itching in these masses. When inflamed they become painful and swollen. They are removed by minimal surgical procedure with ligation of Ksharsutra at the root. This is an OPD procedure and patient can go home after 1 hour rest.
2. Internal Piles
There are three stages of Internal pile. In first stage; patient complains of painless bleeding. At this stage; doctor finds presence of internal pile masses on proctoscopy. In the second stage, the pile masses start protruding out while passing stool. Initially they get reduced by itself but in advanced stage; patients need to reduce these manually. In the third stage; the internal pile mass comes out not only at the time of passing stool but also while walking and sitting.
Treatment for Piles
The first stage internal piles are treated by Kshar Karma and oral medication. Second stage piles are treated successfully by combining Kshar Karma and sclerotherapy. If the pile masses are big enough then they are ligated by Ksharsutra. In the third stage also Ksharsutra ligation is done at the base of Pile mass which drops out in 5-7 days. This way the internal hemorrhoids can be successfully treated without surgery without hospitalization in all its stages.
Dos and Don'ts
The patient suffering from piles should:
- Increase consumption of fibrous food
- Increase intake of fluid/ butter milk
- Exercise regularly
- Always try to reduce the pile masses by applying pressure with fingers so that they remain inside the rectum
- Should not Spend more than 10 minutes for passing stool
- Should not Strain too much while passing stool
- Should not Consume fast food, spicy and oily food
My friend have pcod. Weight 70 height 163. One doctor told her that she should reduce 10 kg within a month. Is it possible to reduce 10kg within a month. If yes, how can she reduce it?
A gynecologist is a doctor who deals with the health and well-being of the female reproductive system as a whole. These doctors usually deal with problems relating to all the organs of the reproductive system and issues faced while having a baby.
The most common reasons to visit a gynecologist are enlisted below.
- Menstrual irregularities - The menstrual health of any person is directly related to the overall health of that person. Ideally speaking, your menstrual cycle should have a regular and constant pattern. The common signs of having menstrual irregularities are periods lasting for more than 7 days, abrupt delay in the occurrence of periods, having extremely heavy or light bleeding during periods, missing a period, and such other issues.
- Breast problems - The breast problems which you might face at any point of time in your life may also be connected to having abnormal menstrual conditions. The common abnormalities seen by women in their breasts include breast discomfort during periods, abnormal breast changes, breast discharges, lump formations in breasts, and such others.
- Lower abdominal pain - Lower abdominal pain refers to any sensations of irritation and discomfort in the area above the pelvic region. The most common examples of this type of pain are menstrual cramps in the abdomen, lumps in the abdomen and abdominal pain during sexual intercourse. So if you see visible signs of discomfort and pain, then you should go to a gynecologist at the earliest opportunity.
- Pre-pregnancy counseling - A gynecologist is the most appropriate person you need to visit before you plan to have a baby. The doctor mostly recommends a complete health checkup so that you have a smooth pregnancy without any complications.
- General well-being - Gynecologists also take care of your overall vaginal health. It is very essential to have a healthy vagina for women, to ensure that it may not cause further health complications. Additionally, you may also visit gynecologists if you have breast cancer, ovarian cancer, cervical cancer or if you are experiencing symptoms of menopause.
Related Tip: 6 Nutrients Women Need The Most
Me and my gf had intercourse on 5th april without any protection I do not think I had released my sperm during intercourse but still for confirmation I give her ipill after 1-2 hours now shez releasing white mucus with a little of blood whats going on plzz help is she going to be pregnant or its something else plzz help and plzz tell how to confirm shez not pregnant plzz help.
I had sex with my girlfriend on 1st and 2nd June using condom. My girlfriend always have period on 1st to 7th every month. The problem is after having sex she is not having her period. Today is 5th June till now she is not having bleeding. please help.
A recent study conducted by sahgrenska academy university of gothenburg sweden has found that diabetes medication can be used to treat alcohol dependence.
Researchers found that a medication that resembles the hormone glp-1 which is used to treat type 2 diabetes as well as obesity could also be used to treat alcohol dependence