Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. SoniaYour feedback matters!
Have a good breakfast. Skipping breakfast particularly irritates sadhaka pitta, a subdosha of pitta. An imbalanced sadhaka pitta can result in irritability and unsettled emotions. According to ayurveda, it is recommended that fruits be eaten first thing in the morning, 30 minutes before other breakfast items such as hot cereal.
Hi doctor I am having some personal problem about sex. I have married recently and I am not doing more than two times in one night.
Hi Me and my Gf had protected sex before 15 days there was a white discharged on condom. I checked whether its break but it was not break and now after 15 days she had white discharge on her undies? Is she pregnant what should we do or natural foods to postpone pregnancy?
My wife Sandhya is pregnant of 5 week having thyroid also which under limit and now taking 50 mg tablet daily in morning and folvite 5 mg & susten 200 in morning and night respectively. She is getting pain and stretching near belly button. What is the problem & can she take any medicine for that. Or it is normal As per usg scan report every things normal.
I am 28 weeks pregnant nd I have noticed that sweeping in one side of areola on left breast. I have visited my GYN she said that its Montgomery tuberculosis, it itches and sometimes have burning sensation and some times it pains. But I have google it and it shows that its symptoms of breast cancer. I am freaking out now. And that swelling reduced a bit when I compressed steam on it. But it pains on some parts on my breast and three is no lumps but I am freaking out now. I don't know what to do. Can it be possible to diagnosed breast cancer during pregnancy? Can you pls tell me that is this symptoms of breast cancer? Or is it normal in pregnancy?
As it was aborted in 3rd month of pregnancy. Mtp is used along with antibiotics. Its been 10 days. Bleeding is controlled. Today I went to ultrasound scan to chek residues. And report is ---bulky uterus with elongated cervix and 22x11 mm retained products of conception in upper endometrial cavity. Now my doubt is that. Is DNC required? Kindly suggest.
I am taking obimet sr 500 mg twice a day for pcos along livogen z and fol 5.the doctor has advised me to take susten 300 mg on the 21st to 25th day after my periods. I didn't got my periods its all 7 days happened still no results of periods yet. What to expect? Pregnancy.
Hello Dr. My wife is 47 years old. She has vaginal pain, when penetrating she can't bear d pain and not interested in sex. She has fibroids. Please help!
Water is an essential content of our body approx 70% of our body cells. Water is a good transport & helps our cells to conduct their normal physiological metabolism.
Apart from this water is helpful in treating many kind of diseases like viz: renal calculus, dyspepsia, acid peptic disease, chronic ischemis heart disease, hypertension, hyper acidity, dehydration, low blood pressure, constipation, pain management, asthma, rheumatoid arthritis, anemia, irregular menses, diabetes, etc etc. So I advice to all take plenty of water as much as they can. Minimum water intake should be atleast 4-6 ltrs. Per day. Have a nice day.
Have you taken your today's water?
An eating disorder, mostly appears when your food habits reach levels of extremity. Anorexia nervosa and Bulimia are two main and the most common eating disorders found in men and women. One is the lower extreme while the other is the higher extreme in terms of food intake.
1. Anorexia: People who are affected with anorexia think of themselves to be very overweight in spite of actually being very slim and thin. Anorexia inflicted people consume less than a thousand calories per day. They exercise rigorously and try to find more ways to lose weight. They vomit a lot due to the insufficient diet and suffer more. The treatment for anorexia nervosa generally includes a mix of mental treatment, and regulated weight gain program. An anorexia patient should seek treatment as early as possible. The best ways to deal with anorexia are:
Psychological Treatment: Various psychological treatments can be used to cure anorexia of different stages. They are cognitive analytic therapy, cognitive behavioral therapy, interpersonal therapy, focal psychodynamic therapy. A family's response is also an important psychological factor. Proper encouragement and effort should be given.
Weight gain program: This measure will guide an anorexic patient to improve his diet habits and slowly gain weight. A patient is monitored carefully, traits are recognized and a likewise diet pattern is given.
2. Bulimia: Bulimia nervosa is another category of eating disorder. The main characteristic of this disorder is overeating in the highest level. Binge eating is observed, followed by attempts by the affected individual to lose weight. A bulimic patient is constantly trapped in the cycle of overeating and then thinking about losing weight.
Maybe you do not like the idea of binge eating and fear getting obese, but once affected by bulimia a patient cannot follow this and binge eats. Later, they adopt extreme measures for losing weight. The primary methods to deal with bulimia are:
- Psychotherapy: Psychotherapy, or talk therapy includes examining your bulimia and related issues with an expert. It is proven that these sorts of psychotherapies restrict the symptoms of bulimia. The three modes of psychotherapy include- Cognitive-behavioral therapy, Family-based therapy and Interpersonal psychotherapy.
- Medications: Medicines such as anti-depressants can be taken by bulimia patients along with psychotherapy. Prozac is a recommended and effective medicine.
- Proper diet plan: For bulimia affected patients, having a proper balanced diet is very essential. A diet expert should be consulted, who will make the most essential food pattern for you. Undertaking a weight loss program is also recommended.
Eating disorders such as anorexia and bulimia should be avoided, and you should know the best ways to deal with them.
Hello sir, I had unprotected sex on 16 and my period date was on 25 buw got my period on 20 and it lasted for five days with some small blood clots .first day and second day was medium flow third day to some extent medium and day fourth low and day five normal spotting cn I be expecting Nd still any chances of pregnancy?
Have been in a intimate relationship and had to take medicines like clear and mistopol dose this effect in future health and the present health please help.
2. Take sips of warm water when you face indigestion.
3. Never drink too much of cold water while you take meals.
4. Never drink too much water immediately after meals.
5. Drink enough water once you feel the thirst after digesting your food.
6. Sip lukewarm water or green tea when you eat heavy food or stuffed sweets.
7. Keep water bottle near your study or work table if you work late night.
8. Never drink water in sleeping position. Don't give water to patients in sleeping position.
Hi. M 28 n mother of 3 yes child. But after giving birth to the child my weight started increasing now m almost 15 to 18 kgs excess. Can anyone help me in reducing the weight.
Hi I am married 5 months back and I want be pregnant and my last period was on 4th and when ever we do sex semen come out for which we are much worried and what is the best suggestion to do me pls help me in this.
Heavy bleeding during menses.... What should you know?
Heavy or prolonged bleeding during menses is medically known as 'menorrhagia'. It is more common as you approach menopause but can occur at any age. The bleeding has to be severe enough to interfere with your daily activities.
The cause could be hormonal, pregnancy complications, bleeding disorder or a structural lesion like a fibroid, polyp, endometriosis or adenomyosis.
In advanced age cancer of the uterus or cervix has to be ruled out.
Symptoms of heavy periods
- soaking a pad or tampon every 2-3 hrs or less in a day
- passage large blood clots during menstruation
- your period lasts more than seven days
- you become anemic due to excessive blood loss
How to manage excessive bleeding
1. Maintain a record of the no of days and pattern of heavy bleeding.
2. Increase your intake of fluids and salt
You should increase your intake of fluids and especially salty fluids during heavy menstruation. You can have vegetable juices like tomato juice as well as salty broths during such times. This will help you especially when your blood volume goes down (which is characterized by dizziness or pounding of heart) when you get up after lying down. Your body would need more than four to six cups on such a day.
3. Increase the intake of iron
Increase your iron intake through natural sources like green vegetables, egg yolks, red meat, liver and dried fruits like raisins and prunes. You can also start an iron tablet once a day for faster recovery from anemia
4. Visit your gynecologist
A good history, few blood tests, and a simple ultrasound generally leads to the diagnosis. Sometimes a biopsy is required to rule out cancer. Multiple new drugs have been added in the last few years which have avoided the need for surgery
An early diagnosis ends up with better results. Hence, it is important to act early