Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Physicians online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sonam VimadalalYour feedback matters!
On 11th July 2017 my one and a half year son got dpt vaccinated. He had a fever. I gave him calpol thrice. His body temperature got normal. On 17th July he got hepatitis A2 vaccinated but next day I .e on 18th July again he had a fever. I took him to a clinic but doctor gave cefpodoxime proxetil. Should I give him this antibiotic or only paracetamol? What's the reason for fever is it viral or due to hepatitis A2 vaccination? Please reply for both queries. Asap.
Hi Sir, I am suffering from a different fever. I have already taken some medicine. But it comes again. What can I do please say me. What to do?
made ka aata khane se kuch health ko problem ho sakta kya. Please give me the suggestion for it. We are eating the chapati made of made. Eating from long years. Please give me the suggestion. Thanking you sir indeed.
Hi Dr, I am Anitha, I am 38 years old, I have diabetic, BP, I am obese too. My weight is 93 kg. I am taking tab (glyciphage sr 500 mg) for diabetic not for BP. Along with this tab can I take multi vitamin tablet. Dose it help me. Because all says after 35 a women should take vitamin tablet. Please help me.
Is it possible when anyone have slip disc problem his pennis size goes too small from a normal condition. But not a erection problem?
I am 57 years old happily married having two kids I am having pain sometimes in my testicles more often during night time when I am having laziness to urinate I have erectile dysfunction since last one year and I do not feel morning erection also Kindly guide
Hi my husband is 24 yrs. He is getting recurrent episodes of stomatitis glossitis. Mild bulging of tongue. unable to bear spicy food. After eating chicken r heavy foods he is getting recurrent episodes. He is having habit of eating betel nuts. Is it related to above condition. He is not having any habit f tobacco chewing. Why he is getting such problem.
Que from sexologist, when ever I do sex in first time my sperm quick come out, without satisfy my partner, but in second and third process it satisfy my partner. There is any problem with me. And my Penis also small Please suggest me what to do.
Sir I have a if you are urologist my testes have loss that shape and now its bulky wt to do. And semen is not cmng.
Nails are an important part of your physiology, although they are mostly used for either utilitarian purposes such as gripping or for beauty purposes such as nail decorations. Nails themselves can go through infections which need not have underlying causes and thus can cause damage to that part of the tissue. One such disorder of the nail is onycholysis.
What is onycholysis?
This is a disorder where the nail on the finger or the toes starts to separate from the skin below. This happens little by little and usually starts at the tip and then progresses backward. The further back it progresses, the more nail tissue it destroys. While the entire nail may not be detached from the nail bed, parts of it may chip off, showing the tissue underneath.
Symptoms of Onycholysis:
- Jagged border between the pink flesh of the nail bed and the yellow edge of the nail
- Detached nails become opaque, yellow or may turn green in color
- Nail may become irregular in shape and size
- Bits and chunks of nails can break off easily
Primary Causes for Onycholysis:
- Frequent trauma - If you have a profession or work at home where you constantly require tapping away, it might cause minute injuries to build up within the nails and the fingers. Tapping on keyboards is one area where you could get repetitive trauma like this.
- Manicure problems - Many salons may aggressively try to clean the underside of the nails and in the process, slowly dislodge the nail form the nail bed and cause onycholysis. This has known to be the case with many people.
- Water immersion - If you have work where your nails are immersed in water for long periods of time, this could also affect the development of onycholysis.
- Skin diseases - Certain skin conditions can also end up giving onycholysis. Psoriasis and contact dermatitis are other conditions that may lead to onycholysis as a consequence.
- Allergy to nail glue - Many makeup artists and customers have complained that certain brands of nail glue can also cause allergies resulting in onycholysis.
- Medications - Medications meant for the treatment of other ailments within the body can have the unintended consequences of causing onycholysis.
The underlying problems need to be corrected which may cause onycholysis. Once the underlying problem is corrected, onycholysis usually corrects itself. The nail may take some time to re-grow but will grow back on its own eventually and may take 4 to 6 months to cover the entire affected area again. Consult an expert & get answers to your questions!