Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Liver Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sonali SaigaonkarYour feedback matters!
Hello doc, I am 21 years old and I have leukoderma problem since 10 years I have tried all type of medications allopathic, homeopathic, ayurvedic, laser treatment. Bt all these proved useless now its getting worse for me to handle this problem please suggest something so that I can get rid of it soon.
How to remove pimples from my face. Also my face is becoming little bit rough as an old man's face, how I can make my face glowing.
Hi am ramni. I have problem. My face my so dull and day by day dark. Phle. Mere. Cloror. Fair. Tha. But pta. Ni. Kya. Hua. It's very. Dusky. Not glowing. Skin. please help. Me. I am worry please help. How I get. My fair skin. Because next month. My angenment. please help. Mee. please Any creams any medicine. Plzzzzz. Help. Me I need you help.
Suffering from the problem of hair fall. About 200-300 hair fall per day. Bery worried docrtr suggest me of tugain hair lotion bt inspire of this medication there is no improvement at all.
I suffer from occasional acne breakout near t-zone. Skin appears very dry and wrinkled near corner of lip and nose area. Is it okay to use olay antiageing cream now.
I have a wart inside my lips. And I am currently in Sweden for my masters. Can you you suggest me how to remove it.
I have deep sunken eyes and dark circles around both eyes. Is this problem arise from doing over masturbation. please help me.
6 Mistakes in Self-Treating Acne
Acne is a very common problem that affects people, mostly teenagers worldwide. The problem of acne can be extremely annoying, making most of the people to opt for self medication. However, it is advisable to consult a dermatologist to avoid unwanted complications. The following common but serious mistakes should be avoided while self-treating acne:
1. Fight acne the dermatologist way: During adolescence, hormonal imbalance is one of the major factors resulting in acne. However, factors like prolonged illness, pollution, dermatological problems cannot be sidelined either. It should be noted that acne is an inflammation which needs proper investigation. A dermatologist should be consulted at the very onset. Use of any medicated lotions or creams without proper recommendation can aggravate the problem.
2. The lesser the better: Using too many products at a time will do you more harm than good. Use one product at a time. If you think a product can magically treat your acne in a day, then you are in for some disappointment. Optimism is good, but being realistic is better. Not all products show positive results in a day. One needs to have patience. Use the product diligently for a week before trying out a new product.
3. Complete what you started: It is a crime to stop any medications mid way. Complete the full course of the medication, even if your acne is fully treated.
4. Popping away to ugly spots and scars: Popping or picking only worsens the inflammation and acne. It will leave your face with some really ugly spots. When the acne head turns white, do not try to squeeze it out. Show some resilience. It is a very common mistake that should be strictly avoided.
5. Exfoliants should be chosen carefully. Understand your skin type well. Micro-beads-enriched exfoliants are the best to use. Avoid scrubbing or over washing the face. Always use a sunscreen before stepping out in the sun. If you are into make-ups, remove them before retiring to bed. Use make-ups that suit your skin type. Minimal application of make-up is advisable in case of acne.
6. Many well wishers might suggest innumerable acne treatments. Listen to all, but choose what you feel and know is the best.
A flawless and acne-free face is very much achievable.