Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SonaliYour feedback matters!
Sir/Madam I have whitish discharge from my internal part since 3-4 years, may be it is likoria or some people call it kamzori but am not sure, they say that it is due to thinking of sex but I know I don't think so. But I have one bad habit of eating raw (uncooked) rice, so some say that it is main source of this problem. Kindly tell me what should I Do to cure this problem. Once I tried to leave this habit and didn't eat raw rice till 5-6 months bt problem was likewise. Please help me, I'll so thankful of you.
Hello, My sister who is 28 years old got married two months back. After two weeks of marriage she wasn't well n suffering pain in her back n wasn't able to getup from her bed. Doctors done her blood n urine tests which showed dat her right ovary is enlarged. She had problem with her periods which usually came after every 2-3 months time. Secondly doctor also suggested her MRI scanning which showed dat she is having axial ankylosing spondylitis. Can you suggest dat what is it actually and how is it going to affect her in future n will she cure from these? Will she have children n what is risk for her children? Kindly suggest d causes, treatments n care to be taken for her kids.
Doing everything right can still make you gain weight. Irrespective of your diligent efforts, that paunch comes in the way of your crunches. Reviewing your exercise routine, diet and overall lifestyle may have no effect on the extra kilos. The reaction to such stagnation could be as many as the conspiring causes. Backpedaling into an unhealthy way of life is what cowards choose to do. The ideal way of approaching the problem is to find out the specific factors leading to excess weight.
These few factors can make you gain weight:
1. Sleep deprivation results in significant bloating: You may not be aware, but a full night’s sleep is indeed necessary. When a person rests, the human body carries on with repair work. Sleep helps your body to get rid of excess adipose tissues. A person who has not slept for two to three days at a stretch or has only slept insufficiently is likely to look fatter or bloated.
2. Being perpetually depressed could be the curse: Depression can lead to extreme ends; you may either gain a lot of weight or may even lose weight drastically. If your depression is at an advanced stage a medical practitioner will prescribe you with antidepressants. Antidepressants tend to fatten you up.
3. An irritable or slow bowel syndrome can prove to be adverse: If you suffer from problems related to the bowel your tummy might show. A patient of irritable or slow bowel syndrome feels bloated throughout the day. Since they face digestive problems, their bellies protrude.
4. The gray streaks of hair could be a reason: Gaining weight could also be the result of your age. If you are above thirty-five your metabolism decreases; this results in slower breakdown of food. Exercising can help, but it usually shows meager results once you have attained forty.
5. Nutrient deficiency should not be taken lightly: Being deficient in certain nutrients can also make you overweight. Vitamin C, folic acid and potassium are some of the nutrients that actively contribute to a person’s body weight. A lack of these nutrients can make you fat.
6. Edema could be the underlying cause: Edema refers to a condition where a person’s body retains water. Certain parts and joints become swollen. There are medications that can help push excess water out of the body through frequent urination. If not taken care of, edema could be the reason behind weight gain. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a general physician.
I am 47 years old. I think I am facing menopause problem. Very scanty bleeding. About 20 days back the spotting extended upto 6-7 days. Is this abnormal?
I was diagnosed with pcos wen I was 16 years old. Since from den I started taking medications such as deviry, metformin n so on. I am fed up of taking OCP from past 1 year, how long should I continue with this? I have been also diagnosed wid fibroadenoma n duct Ectasia in d breast N cystitis in kidney I have hirsutism as well. I am not taking any medications for cystitis n breast problem. I have undergone scanning for almost 15 times till now and I'm fed up with all of these. Please help me and suggest a diet. Im lean. Thank you.
The concept of egg quality of a woman is derived from the belief that the embryo implantation probability is powerfully related to the age and ovarian reserve of the woman. Thus, it is regarded that the quality of the egg is almost synonymous with the chances of embryo implantation. Its quality cannot be assessed merely by looking at the egg or measuring its ability to receive the fertilization by sperm or simply observing the initial embryo division.
There are a few important factors that contribute to the success or failure of the embryo implantation and some of them are:
- Diminished ovarian reserve: A woman with an increased FSH level on the third day of the menses is regarded as having diminished reserve of ovary. This implies that her ovary is not competent in sending feedback signals to the pituitary gland and the body responds by producing an increased amount of FSH for stimulating the ovary. For more than 10 years, it has been found that in over thousands of fertility treatment cycles, women with an increased FSH level have a lower egg quality.
- Advanced age of maternity: Even though the FSH level is normal, the age of the mother who provides the eggs plays an important role to determine the quality of the egg. Quite like women with increased FSH levels, eggs obtained from women aged more than 40 years can have some problems at a later stage of fertilization. Normal FSH levels are not considered a reassuring factor, owing to the lower implantation rate in females aged over 45 years.
- Diminished quality of egg: With an increase in age, the capacity of the mitochondria in producing energy slowly decreases. The egg is linked to the circulation before ovulation, and it is linked again after the embryo implantation. But during the one week time ranging from ovulation to implantation, the egg and the resulting embryo are contained in the zona pellucida and function on the basis of mitochondrial energy supply. The older age of the woman doesn’t cause any problem at the initial stage of ovulation. Its fertilization and embryonic development are also normal. But soon, it runs out of energy and stops dividing before reaching the stage of implantation.
Therefore, it is important to have the eggs tested to find out any sort of chromosomal abnormality. In case the mother is deficient of producing high quality eggs, the best option is to have donor eggs.
What is the cost of hymenoplasty? And what does it mean? For how many days rest is required after it?
Hello doctor. My period is 20 days late. Normally my cycle is 37 days. I had an unprotected sex with my bf about 6 week ago. He told that he did not ejaculated inside. But for safety I took an emergency contraceptive within 2 hour of the sex. Yesterday I took a home pregnancy test and it was negative 3 times. I am now worried am I pregnant?
She has vaginal dryness for over 5 months. We have consulted three doctors to no solution. All have denied any serious problems. Currently she us taking ecoflora cap and using vagina gel.
I find swelling and pain after 14-15 days of menstrual cycle in my breasts. Can you please help me out.
Pregnancy related It has been 15 days of Intercourse and I Had gave her a Pill too but she thinks her stomach is Increasing n Thinking that She is Gonna B pregnant so pls help what to do If she really is Pregnant n How can I Stop Kid.
I am 32years I am trying to conceive. Once I got conceive in 2014jan but due to my back nerve pain. I did abortion. It happened without proper knowledge. Now when I went to doctor here in goa. The doctor told me to take come 25 mg from third day of periods I took for five days. As my periods are regular in 26th or 27th day. So I took in Feb and then on ovulation study my left side ovary egg was in 22mm then doc said to take injection for rapture and I took the injection and me and hus met on this ovulation day. Later after the raptured happened on 15th day of my cycle I took duphaston tablet. And to my surprise I got my periods on 32 day I was so happy when on 27th day I dint got my period. But normally I get blood sporting before 3 to 4 days before periods. So then again doc said that on 7th March which is my first day of my period. Then I take come 25 mg on third day 9th to 13th the come 25 mg. Then on 12th day I went check my ovulation study then my left ovary egg was 32mm. I have no idea I informed to doctor he said to take injection for rapture and I took the injection and on 15th day when I went to check the rapture in evaluation study doc said my rapture is not happened and my left ovary egg 32mm. Then my doc said to not to plan for the child for 2 months. Then he told me to take novelon tablets to on 4th day of period. And to take ovabless. To my surprise I got my period on 29th March again which 23rd day. Please tell me what happening with me. Doc said to try normally coz my egg is realising normally so no need to any medication. Then y I dint conceive on March.. Doc said if in normal way on MAY month I don't conceive then he want to do hcg test. And I heard that hcg test is very painful. Please help. If there is any blockage and then how come ovulation took place every month. Please help me doctor. I am very desperate and depressed to have baby. Does without pain can this hcg test can happen. Please help me.
Is the side effect caused by I pill or not my Question is this should I will get pregnant. On my face and chin some hair growth are seen. How to get rid of that unwanted hair. Is my period will regular or not I'm suffering always my any body parts become numb. It takes time to settle down. I feel always low can't stand for long. Should I start loosing my weight or not? I'm not getting my periods without medicine and pills when I take pills doctors pescribstion then only I get my periods. Otherwise it won't come for 9 to 10 months. What should I do I" m tensed too much please suggest me some medicine exercise etc I want to consult with my partner. Thanks & regards, Pm.
Married for 5-6 months and not planning for babies yet. Is it safe if I had ipill once in a month for consecutive 5-6 months. After how much tym does it start having bad effect. Does it affect reproduction. If yes, then how much gap should be there between two dosage and please tell me the bad effects too. Thanks.
As much as we would like to ignore it, domestic abuse is a very common problem. Not every woman has the strength to fight against it and confide in someone. As a friend, it is your duty to look out for them. You don’t have to be an expert in psychology to know the warning signs of domestic violence. Here are 8 such warning signs.
- She is quiet when he is around: If your friend is normally jovial and suddenly becomes quiet the moment her partner is around, don’t overlook the change. She may be scared of saying something that might upset him and start a fight.
- She allows herself to be put down: In almost all cases of domestic violence, the woman is made to feel guilty about everything. This becomes habit and she loses her will to fight back. If you notice you’re friend allowing her partner to walk over her and put her down, she may be facing abuse at home.
- She withdraws from friends and family: Social withdrawal is another major sign of domestic violence. There may be a number of reasons for this; he is too possessive of her, she is injured and scared of letting people see her injuries etc.
- Unexplained injuries: Making an excuse that walking into a door caused a black eye isn’t only a scene from the movies. If your friend suddenly starts wearing inappropriate clothes such as long sleeved tops in summer, she may be a victim of domestic abuse. Look out for such excuses and injuries.
- Plans that are frequently cancelled at the last moment: Victims of domestic abuse often make plans, but never keep them. This could be because their partner does not like them going out without them or because she is injured and doesn’t want you to see her injuries.
- She has casually mentioned violent behavior, but dismissed it lightly: Casually mentioning violent behavior at home could be your friend’s way of trying to tell you that something is wrong. We fear being judged and hence it is sometimes very difficult to speak openly about facing domestic abuse. If you feel a friend is being domestically abused, encourage her to share her problems with you.
- Her finances and personal choices are not controlled by her: Domestic abuse victims usually have most of their lives controlled by their partners. This includes finances, choice of clothing, social attendance etc.
- The children seem nervous and frequently upset: Children may not say much, but notice a lot. Even if they are not abused, seeing their mother hurt can affect a child and make them moody, withdrawn and upset. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.