Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. SonaliYour feedback matters!
Every packet of cigarette comes with the warning 'Smoking is injurious to health'. With every national budget plan, the prices of nicotine based additives are hiked. Yet, you cannot quit smoking because you find it extremely difficult to resist the nicotine urge. Ayurveda says that the root cause of addiction is mental stress due to one of the 3 Doshas that are Vata, Pitta, Kapha. People try to terminate them through temporary, addictive methods rather than a bit more natural, holistic methods. Here's how it can be easier for you to quit smoking by adopting Ayurvedic remedies.
- Drink adequate amount of water, especially from a copper vessel. This helps to accumulate the wastes and release them.
- Perform the Neti Kriya (inhaling saline water through one nostril and releasing it through the other and then reversing the procedure).
- Performing the Bhastrika Pranayama twice every day, both in the morning and at night.
- Consume 3 tablets or 1 teaspoon of triphala everyday before going to bed, to eliminate the deposited nicotine tar in your system.
- Consumption of a measured mixture of ashwagandha, bala, shatavari and ginseng every day, or a chyawanprash containing these help in detoxification.
Changes in diet:
- Avoid consumption of alcohol and other addictive drugs, such as coffee, sugar, etc. because they increase the urge to smoke.
- Decrease intake of fatty foods because your metabolism rate is lower than at most other times, so you might risk gaining weight during this period.
- Try a vegetarian diet because it increases the Sattvik quality of your mind. Every fresh food item contains prana or life which rejuvenates both your body and mind.
- Chew anti-nicotine gums or suck on cinnamon sticks which curb your urge to smoke.
- Keep eating low-calorie food items like carrots, apples or celery.
- Incorporating regular exercise in your routine may help you to quit smoking more easily. It controls weight gain, which is a side-effect of quitting, and also offers you a fit and healthy lifestyle.
- Meditating and doing yoga regularly helps in relaxing your mind. Yogic postures like Sabasan help attain internal peace and divert your mind from craving to smoke.
Besides these techniques, there are various other ways like taking help from a professional ayurvedic counselor, which will help you quit smoking, socializing with friends or spending quality time with your family, will keep your mind diverted from the stress of quitting.
Related Tip: "Effects of Smoking on Sexual Health"
Hi, I am facing cavity problem since 2 days. (Small tiny hole at left inner upper teeth) Can anyone suggest best solution? Is anything serious or filling gives solution? I am abort to consult doctor!
Drinking buttermilk is excellent as it is easily digestible, kindles hunger, instigates vata and kapha and cures dropsy, haemorrhoids, enlargement of abdomen, abdominal tumour, duodenal diseases, dysuria, enlargement of spleen, loss of appetite, and anaemia.
Hello Doctor. I am 30 years old and planning for family since 2 years. I have PCOD. My current problem is that I am not getting menses since 3 months. I have checked for the pregnancy also but it came negative. Please guide what can be the reason.
The body produces a number of chemicals called hormones which are essential for the regulation of various functions including growth and metabolism. These hormones are produced by endocrine glands which are located in various parts of the body. One such important gland is the pituitary gland which produces the important growth hormone. This is essential for regulating optimal growth during the growing years and for maintaining proper amounts of body fat, muscles, and bones in the later years of life.
Causes: Deficiency of the growth hormones can occur due to a number of causes, some of which are listed below. It can be congenital (present at birth) or acquired later in life.
The congenital issue could be due to problem in the pituitary gland structure, leading to complete absence or reduced secretion of the hormone.
With age, there is a decrease in the amount of secretion. However, infections, injuries, brain tumors, surgery and radiation can also lead to altered amounts of secretion.
Symptoms: While growth hormone deficiency can occur at any age, symptoms differ depending on the age when the deficiency sets in.
In the early ages:
- Lower rate of growth for a given age
- Delayed developmental milestones
- Delayed onset of puberty
- Short stature/reduced height
- Younger looking compared to other children their age
- Fat deposition around the waist
- Delayed dental development
When the deficiency sets in during the later years, there is
- Low energy levels, constant tiredness
- Decreased strength
- Decreased exercise tolerance
- Decreased overall muscle mass
- Thin and dry skin
- Increased fat deposition and weight gain around the waist
- Changes in social behavior including alternate cycles of anxiety and depression
- Lack of motivation
- History of pituitary tumors
- High levels of fat and cholesterol
The diagnosis depends on the age of the person
- Blood tests are carried out to check the hormone levels in circulation
- In children, in addition to the hormone levels, x-rays to see the status of growth plates is very helpful.
- An insulin hypoglycemia test where insulin is given intravenously to see the levels of the growth hormone after 30 minutes.
- Total cholesterol levels, low-density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol, apolipoprotein B, and triglyceride levels can be used to supplement the above tests.
- CT scan and/or MRI of the brain may be needed if tumors are suspected.
Treatment: Once diagnosed, replacement therapy is given as shots a few times a week under the skin. This restores normal growth and helps in controlling the symptoms in adults too.
In cases of tumor, radiation or surgery may be required, but most cases are managed with hormone replacement.
Watch out for the symptoms if your child has delayed developmental milestones and early intervention can help restore growth and function to normal levels.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult the doctor and ask a free question.
My wife is 5 mths pregnant Please suggest me some good and healthy food for my baby so that baby will remain healthy.
I am 20 year old girl. I got married 3 months ago. While having sex, unfortunately my husband left his sperms inside. Now what I should do to avoid the pregnancy?
I am pregnant (having 12 week ), I am feeling weakness & tired . My hemoglobin is 11.2 Kindly suggest me suitable medicine.
Quit eating junk food and high-fat fast food. Your heart, brain, and overall health are harmed by foods high in saturated fats, salt, and cholesterol. There's no getting around it. You've got to replace them with healthy foods: lots of fruits, vegetables, fish, nuts, olive oil -- what we call the mediterranean diet. Eat like an italian, a spaniard, a greek! enjoy!
I am suffering from excess of white discharge from vagina. It grows more when I do some physical activity, like exercises, running, jumping etc. I have grown weaker also and lost weight. I am very much worried about myself. Please help me.
Hello doctor. I had sex with my boyfriend on June 24th. As it was unplanned, I had an ipill. It wasn't a full intercourse since he only rubbed his penis around my vagina. But, to avoid pregnancy, I preferred contraception. Now, since three days, I am experiencing a mild blood outflow. It isn't heavy. Just a little amount. But I am tensed. There is no foul smell, no itching and no pain. My next periods are scheduled for 16th July. What would be the impact on my cycle? Is there any need to have pregnancy test? What could be the root cause for this bleeding. Please guide.
Sir jb phli bar sex krne se pr mane Unwanted 72 de di or jb second time sex kiya or 72 nhi di to blooding kyun hui or jise se sex kiya uski already period time jaldi aajane ki problem h to kya isme wo pregnant hone k koi chance h or wo blooding kyun hui uska answer do.
Sex karne ke bad kitne time me pill le leni chahiye pregnancy rokhne ke liye pls tell fast mene 28 ko kiya tha to kiya 31 ko pill le sakte hai koi problem to nahi hogi na I am in tension pls reply fast.
Pain in left side of lower stomach n left side of back after 19 days of my period. White discharge wid small blood. What is this. One year before I had an operation of cyst in stomach in left side whr I felt pain. please gv me any advice.
Hello sir, I have noticed a lump on my right breast and it becomes painful during ovulation that is 13 to 14 days after my periods and 3 days back I noticed slight swelling under my arm. 1 year back I married and got miscarriage 3 months back. I noticed all these symptoms after miscarriage. Can you please suggest me what the issue was. Thanking you sir.
It is not clear how exactly stress impacts fertility. It is not known whether high levels of stress can prevent pregnancy or affect a woman's chance of conceiving. We do know that reducing stress provides a better quality of life during times of intense personal challenge.
What is stress?
Stress is often defined as an event that a person sees/ feels is threatening. In order to protect itself, the body responds with a fight or flight response. How can stress impact a fertility patient? sometimes, infertility patients respond to the stress of being unable to conceive by aggressively pursuing treatment and procedures. Other patients withdraw and isolate from family, friends, and community. Neither of these extremes is ideal for patients who seek to treat their infertility and build a family.
How can I reduce my stress?
Having less stress in your life while pursuing fertility treatment may not, in and of itself, result in a pregnancy. However, developing better coping strategies to manage stress related to an infertility diagnosis and treatment can help you feel more in control and improve your overall well-being.
It has been shown that stress does interfere with making rational and well-thought-out decisions. Reducing stress can allow patients to research, explore, and consider all the options available with a clearer mindset. By reducing stress, the pros and cons of one treatment course over another can be more effectively weighed and considered.
Reduced stress is good for your health. While no one expects patients to approach fertility treatment stress free, finding ways to minimize stress while pursuing treatment can help. It is helpful for patients to look for ways to reduce the burden of infertility treatments and medical protocols.
There are many stress-reducing techniques; some of the more popular methods recommended to fertility patients are:
aerobic exercise (may be reduced during treatment)
collaboration with experts in stress reduction
listening to music
progressive muscle relaxation
psychotherapy and cognitive behavioral therapy
How can I help my friend/loved one?
Friends and loved ones are facing a challenge. Telling patients to be less stressed can make them feel more responsible for causing their own infertility and feel blamed. Telling someone to relax can cause greater stress. However, asking how couples/friends are doing and suggesting concrete and pragmatic ways to reduce stress will enhance quality of life and give the patient back some sense of control. For many struggling with infertility, just having friends/loved ones available for listening is greatly appreciated.
The goal of stress reduction is to minimize, not eliminate stress, by finding the technique that serves the patient's needs the best.
Hi I have discharge white liquid and my vagina whole also fully lose what can I do to small whole and feel sex satisfaction.
Contact personally for expert opinion.
Here are the Sexual Disorders faced by Men and Women.