Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SonaliYour feedback matters!
Over exerting our bodies and indulging in excessive physical exercise might result in complications. It could lead to muscular, psychological, hormonal, neurological and other imbalances. Clinical psychological says too many hours in gym can lead to chronic fatigue syndrome" one must remember that anything that your body does will directly affect your mind"
The batch flower remedies contain the life force of plant. The healing property within a flower may therefore be considered to be the outlet of the life force of that plant. They act not by attacking the disease but by flooding our bodies with the beautiful vibrations of our higher nature, in the presence disease melt away as a snow in sunshine!
**it is always recommended to consult a specialised homeopath before you go for medication. None of these medicines should be taken without professional advice.
Emotional group flower remedies:
Rock rose, mimulus, aspen, red chestnut.
Cerato, gentian, gorse, wild oat.
3. A lack of interest in the world around:
Clematis, honeysuckle, wild rose, olive.
Water voilet, heather
5. Over sensitive to others:
Agrimony, centaury, walnut
6. Generally despondent or in despair:
Larch, pine, elm, sweet chestnut.
Hello Sir /madam I have a q for my Mother, today she had sudden bleeding in morning but she do not have any monthly periods since 7 years. Today suddenly she had in morning she is also facing indigestion and constipation issues from 2-3 months and have feeling of ulcers in mouth for 2-3 days. whatever she eats she feels feeling of full stomach and also do not feel hungary .Please suggest me what should be done ?which Dr. shall I consult? Last year she qas diagnosed of mild liver enlargement. But before such diagnose. She suffered from cold and cough and after medication of cold n cough she had sudden Vomit and indigestion. So is it possible that liver enlargement occurred due to heavy doze of medicines? Or there was any other reason. I really can not understand to which Dr. shall I consult?
6 Reasons Pre-marital Counselling is Crucial for Indian Couples
A study published in the Journal of Family Psychology reveals that couples who opt for pre-marital counselling experience higher levels of conjugal satisfaction than couples who don’t go for it. Moreover, these couples, experience a 30% drop in the possibility of divorce over a 5-year period.
Pre-marital counselling is a wise choice as it can help you and your partner to better understand the dynamics of your relationship and build the foundation of a happy future together.
A pre-marital counselling helps you with the following factors-
- Hygiene: Apart from stressing on the importance of personal health and hygiene, you would also hear a gynaecologist, emphasizing on the significance of sexual hygiene for a problem-free married life. While preventing infections that may affect your reproductive system, maintaining sexual hygiene can also significantly elevate the overall hygiene levels of your entire body.
- Sex: Pre-marital sex counselling is essential as it helps to fill in the gaps in your knowledge of sex. During your consultation with a gynaecologist, you can expect to receive information about the male and female anatomy as well as about the actual act. Even thoughts like “sex can be painful” get addressed during the counselling.
- Contraceptives: Counselling sessions with a gynaecologist can also help you in getting your facts right about pregnancy. He or she could guide you on how to work out safe and unsafe days to have sex; talk to you about contraceptive methods; and best family planning practices.
- Folic acid for pregnancy: During a counselling session, you can expect to be encouraged by a gynaecologist to have Vitamin B (folic acid) before and during your pregnancy to avert birth defects in the brain and spinal cord of your potential offspring.
- Vaccines: Opting for a counselling session before marriage can help you to learn about vaccines that will protect you against cervical cancer (cancer of the cervix caused mainly by HPV- a virus) and rubella (a disease caused by the rubella virus, which can cause miscarriage, birth defects and stillbirth).
- Medical investigations: You should also expect investigations based on the following tests-
- Complete blood count test: The aim of this test is to assess your overall health and identify a range of disorders such as anaemia, leukaemia, and infection to name a few.
- Fasting/blood sugar test: The test is performed to diagnose diabetes. A fasting blood glucose level of less than 100mg/dl is considered normal.
- Thyroid stimulating hormone test: This test is taken to check for problems in the thyroid gland.
- Rubella test: It is used to identify antibodies that are formed in the blood, as a result of immunisation or the rubella infection.
- HPLC (high performance liquid chromatography): The test is performed to determine Thalassemia.
- Urine microscopy: The test helps in determining the condition of your urinary tract and kidney. It identifies injury, presence of disease or inflammation of these areas. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychologist.
I am pregnant 9 weeks 5 days .i m getting brown discharge .what should I do .is it a serious problem.
Meri gf ke ek nipple se milk nikl rha h kya ye glactohrrea h.Humne physical hone ke baad 3 baar periods ho chuke h pr last tym periods kam huye or usse pehle ke 2 thk h or periods ki date b change ho rhi h.kya wo pregnant h?
I want to know that if sperm is enter in vagina of female. And 72 hours are gone. So have any other method to avoid pregnancy or stopped it except abortion
With the fast changing scenario and advancement of research, the definition of ailments are also becoming precise. Earlier, one term 'Impotency' was used in wider sense to define all sexology related problems, such as erectile dysfunction (ED), low libido, low sperm count, infertility, and the inability to produce a child in both males and females. However today, with the advancement of research each problem has its own definition. Impotency is the condition where you suffer from a sexual dysfunction. It can cause stress and might undermine your confidence when you and your partner have a sexual encounter. It might also cause uneasiness between the two of you or embarrassment for having a dysfunction. In men, impotency is mostly in the form of erectile dysfunction whereas in women it is the inability to get pregnant. It may be due to a physical condition or an emotional trauma that you might be facing.
Here are the two broad divisions of the causes of impotency:
- Psychological causes: Depression, anxiety or stress might be the major psychological causes for impotency. Also various mental disorders might take a toll on potency and your sexual libido. A sexual dysfunction might just start very suddenly after suffering from any psychological trauma. A very common psychological problem which men face at least once in their lifetime is a condition called performance anxiety. You become extremely conscious about whether you will be able perform well as the society expects men to take an upper hand while having sex. This burdens you and you get anxious about your performance in bed, causing you to suffer from a dysfunction. In cases of a marital dispute or lack of communication with your partner might also be a reason of an occasional dysfunction.
- Physical causes in women: The physical causes may or may not be curable naturally. Sometimes surgeries are required to cure these causes. Some medicines have certain side effects which can cause a dysfunction to form. Often times not enough blood flows to the reproductive organs which results in impotency. Certain nervous and hormonal disorders also affect your potency. Disorders like Polycystic Ovary Syndrome, Pelvic Inflammatory Disease, blocked fallopian tubes, hormonal imbalances causing irregular periods, or improper egg implantation can cause impotency. In these cases it is extremely difficult for the women to become pregnant, i.e., you will not be able to conceive.
- Physical causes in men: Having a low sperm count is the most common factor which results in impotency. Hormonal disorder like hypogonadism which results in a low sperm count is also a contributing factor. If you have a blockage in the testicles, it will again affect the sperm count negatively. Improper ejaculation is another common cause of impotency.
Although impotency may be extremely disheartening, you can be treated for it and have your own family eventually. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.
Im 23 year old and Im taking homeo medicines for dysmonnerhea from 3 months. How many days do homeopathy takes to cure dysmonnerhea?
I am 6 week pregnant women I have query regarding thyroid when I test TSH on dated 13th sep the result will shows 3.98. As per my gynecologist it is normal but when I go for second opinion then 2nd gynecologist said it is slightly high and you have to take medicine. Now today (dt 18 sep) I again test my TSH and result is different from last result (Today result = 3.237).I am worried about my baby and confused what to do. Please help me out. # I had never suffer from any thyroid before pregnancy.
Hello doctor. I'm 28 years old and got married 1.5 years before. Since I have been affected by hbv, we were postponed the pregnancy. Now my husband is vaccinated and we are planning for a baby. Suggest me some tips to get healthy pregnancy with boy baby.
Hi I am 29years old female. I missed my periods from past 10days. I did pregnancy test also but its negative. I am not using any pills. Nor take any emergency pill. please help.
I got married since 1 year and, 5mnt ago still awaiting for our first child. My wife doesn't want for doctor consultation as she Dnt like for that. I would like to know continues sex can result in pregnancy at least how many times we need to play in a week. Kindly suggest any table or syrups for effective.
Alcohol, smoking, hukka, gutka, pan masala increasing, increasing teeth problems boring, boring water, drug side effects irregular, irregular life style etc has lead to increasing number of patients with taste problemsmajority. Majority of us are not involved in educating patients and society .revisiting this unfolded special sense is need of hour.
On an average 10000 taste buds are found in mouth mainly on tongue but also on roof and back in throaton.on tongue taste or gustatory cells are clustered as prominent papillae viz filiformfungiformcircum-vellate, fungiform, circum-vellate & foliatemany. Many times patients come with fear showing these normal structures as abnormalfive. Five common tastes are sweet, sour salty bitter, salty, bitter (bitter gourdciturus, citurus peelunsweetened, unsweetened coffee & cocoa) and umami (due to glutamate of soy saucemeet, meet extractssome, some cheeses) for taste quality good sense of smell is also importantspecial. Special channels connect roof of mouth to nose for sensation taste. Taste mainly travels via chorda nerve through facial nerve via ear to brainalso, also via glossopharyngeal neve and vagus nerve to brain.
75% of people over 80 yrs age have impaired tastetaste.taste is affected mostly temporarily by many things : Common cold flu pharyngitissalivary, flu, pharyngitis, salivary gland affections dental, dental caries infections gum, infections, gum disesesacid, acid riflux in throatbell's, bell's palsysome, some neurological disease like parkinsonism. Head or ear injury, as a part of middle ear surgery due to chorda tympani nerve affection B12, B12 & zinc defieciency auto, auto immune diseases of mouth- eyes during, during pregnacy due to hormonal influx as motion sickness, smoking(reduces saliva tionnicotine, nicotine comes in saliva) alcohol drugs (thyroid, alcohol, drugs (thyroid medications drug, drug used for amoebiasis like metronidazole, quininelithium cancer drugs etc, over 250 drugs affect taste.
Excess use of sweets chocolates chilly, chilly spices also affect taste various chemicals affect.
How to avoid?
Avoid hot food eat, eat only when hungry regular, regular tongue cleaning twice, twice or thrice soft brushing teeth, dental flossing treat, treat sinus nose infections and allergy avoid, avoid spicy food quit, quit or reduce smoking avoid, avoid keeping gutka/paan for long in mouth careful, careful ear operations etc
How to improve taste?
Avoid combination dishes and storage as in a casserole flavour the food eat, eat variety food chew, chew properly eat, eat sugar free mints and gums, eat orange lemon adesserve, lemonades, serve food that looks like itself ex fishnasal, nasal saline spray can help.
Zinc and vitamin 12 supplement lipoic, lipoic acid use.
Let taste be a special sense for our life timetreat.treat early by expert.
I had five times sex in one month. And every time I took unwanted 72 after having sex within an hour. I mean I took five pills of unwanted 72 in pnr month. I didn't got my periods yet. Can I become pregnant.
Hi I'm 20 years old and I lost my virginity 3 days ago. I was bleeding a lot the first time and now when I go to the bathroom I bleed. I bleed a lot when I'm doing #2 (if you know what I mean). I don't feel any pain what so ever but when I lost my virginity it hurted a lot and I mean a lot that I wanted to cry, but I guess that's normal. Anyways I want to know if this could be some kind of symptoms after losing virginity or is it normal to bleed when going to the bathroom and how long it should last so. I would like to know what you have to say towards all this. Thanks.
Self-awareness (sometimes also referred to as self-knowledge or introspection) about understands your own needs, desires, failings, habits, and everything else that makes you tick. The more you know about yourself, the better you are at adapting life changes that suit your needs.
Why does self-awareness matter?
Self-awareness is the key cornerstone to emotional intelligence, according to daniel goleman. The ability to monitor our emotions and thoughts from moment to moment is key to understanding ourselves better, being at peace with who we are and proactively managing our thoughts, emotions, and behaviors.
In addition, self-aware people tend to act consciously rather than react passively, to be in good psychological health and to have a positive outlook on life. They also have greater depth of life experience and are more likely to be more compassionate to themselves and others.
5 ways to cultivate self-awareness:
1. Create some space for yourself. When you are in a dark room without windows, it is fairly difficult to see things clearly. The space you create for yourself is that crack on the wall where you allow light to come through. Leave yourself some time and space every day – perhaps first thing in the morning or half an hour before sleep when you stay away from the digital distractions and spend some time with yourself, reading, writing, meditating, and connecting with yourself.
2. Practice mindfulness. Mindfulness is the key to self-awareness. Jon kabat-zinn defines mindfulness as “paying attention in a particular way, on purpose, in the present moment, non-judgmentally”. Through mindfulness practice, you will be more present with yourself so that you can “be there” to observe what’s going on inside and around you. It is not about sitting cross-legged or suppressing your thoughts. It is about paying attention to your inner state as they arise. You can practice mindfulness at any time you want, through mindful listening, mindful eating or walking.
3. Keep a journal: writing not only helps us process our thoughts but also makes us feel connected and at peace with ourselves. Writing can also create more headspace as you let your thoughts flow out onto paper. Research shows that writing down things we are grateful for or even things we are struggling with helps increase happiness and satisfaction. You can also use the journal to record your inner state. Try this at home –choose a half day on a weekend, pay close attention to your inner world – what you are feeling, what you are saying to yourself, and make a note of what you observe every hour. You may be surprised about what you write down!
4. Practice being a good listener. Listening is not the same as hearing. Listening is about being present and paying attention to other people’s emotions, body movement and language. It is about showing empathy and understanding without constantly evaluating or judging. When you become a good listener, you will also be better at listening to your own inner voice and become the best friend of yourself.
5. Gain different perspectives: ask for feedback. Sometimes we can be too afraid to ask what others think of us – yes sometimes the feedback may be biased or even dishonest but you will be able to differentiate them from real, genuine and balanced feedback as you learn more about yourself and others. Research has shown conducting 360 degree feedback in workplace is a useful tool to improve managers’ self-awareness. We all have blind spots, so it is helpful to gain different perspective to see a fuller picture of ourselves.
Self-awareness, as “arguably the most fundamental issue in psychology, from both a developmental and an evolutionary perspective”, is a rich and complicated subject. As human beings, we may never fully understand ourselves, if there is such a destination. But perhaps it is the journey of exploring, understanding and becoming ourselves that makes life worth living.