Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dermatologists online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Prp Hair Transplant
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sonal ShahYour feedback matters!
I have a hard corn at the bottom of my foot. I used corn cap but it was of no use. Now what should I do.
1) Hormonal : Hormonal activity, such as menstrual cycles and puberty, may contribute to the formation of acne. During puberty, an increase in sex hormones called androgens cause the follicular glands to grow larger and make more sebum; A similar increase in androgens occurs during pregnancy, also leading to increased sebum production. Use of anabolic steroids may have a similar effect. Development of acne vulgaris in later years is uncommon. True acne vulgaris in adult women may be a feature of an underlying condition such as pregnancy or disorders such as polycystic ovary syndrome, hirsutism or Cushing?s syndrome. Menopause-associated acne occurs as production of the natural anti-acne ovarian hormones.
2) Genetic : The predisposition for specific individuals to acne is likely explained by a genetic component.
3) Psychological : While the connection between acne and stress has been debated, scientific research indicates that ?increased acne severity? is ?associated with increased stress levels.
4) Infectious : Propionibacterium acnes (P. Acnes) is widely concluded to cause acne, though Staphylococcus aureus has been universally discovered to play some role
5) Diet : The relationship between diet and acne is unclear as there is no good quality evidence. However, a high glycemic load diet is associated with worsening acne. There is also a positive association between the consumption of milk and a greater rate and severity of acne.
Some of the nails in my foot have become narrow and rounded, the two ends piercing the flesh. Also inside the rounded area, fleshlike matter has grown. It has become very difficult to clip the nails. What to do? can these be straightened? or I have to go for surgery to remove the nails completely?
My hair was falling can you tell me the reason ill watch porn and I was leaked my self some 15 above times with this only I think my hair was falling.
Body pe jo hair hai usko nikal ne ke liye koi soap ya cream, jis se ek bar nikal ne ke bad long time tak hair bhi na aaye. Aur side effect bhi n ho. Koi soap ya cream batai e.please.
Sir,i have problem of hair loss ,so please can you suggest me some medicins for that,also i have a problem of dandruff also from last 2 months.
There has been pimple below my lip but above chin. I have crushed that pimple very hardly but it did not get crushed. Now my lower lips are swollen very badly from past 5 days And no medicine is effecting me. Please tell me how to cure this or I require surgeon to cut my lips.
I have some acnes and pimples on my face and comes again and again. I used some pimple clearing products but it doesn't work.
I'm 28 years old male, residing in Bangalore. Since 2-3 years I have developed grey/white hairs. In the year 2013 till mid of 2015 I was in Hyderabad (where it was hard water) not sure if this is the cause of my hair turning white since then. However, I'm living back in Bangalore since mid of 2015 and I see the white hairs have been populating more. To get rid of awkwardness I've started cutting them as much as short I can being in-front of mirror. As of now the good thing is the white hairs are more in the 2nd layer of my hair and from outside only few white hairs are noticeable. But inside there are pretty lot. Is there a medication and solution for my problem?
I have dark circles and hollowness under my eyes. I use spectacle. What are the methods to remove it permanently .What are the surgical procedure & what is the cost of the procedures.
I'm loosing hair and also always my head feels itchy because of itching there have been small wounds lately. What is the problem?
I've severe hair fall problem since one month as I changed place of living from Bangalore to Delhi. I've tried all treatment but dint work
Acne can be frustrating and annoying. A lot of unnecessary chaos can be avoided if people get the facts right.
1. Myth: Adults do not suffer from acne problems
Truth: While acne outbreaks are common amongst teenagers, adults are not spared either. In adults, the acne problems are essentially of two types; the late onset acne and the persistent acne. In many cases, it has been observed that the acne problems appear at a later period, mostly after 23 to 25 years of age (late onset acne). At other times, the unwanted acne outbreaks that mark its appearance during the teenage years linger for a longer period (persistent acne type).
2. Myth: A person's eating habits and lifestyle has no role to play in acne
Truth: Lifestyle and eating habits can influence a person's health. Excessive intake of sweets and simple carbohydrates can worsen the acne. Stress, fatigue, lack of proper sleep, can also aggravate the already frustrating acne problem.
3. Myth: Acne results from dirty skin, with adult men and women being equally affected
Truth: The Pilosebaceous unit of the skin plays a pivotal role in acne outbreaks. The oil producing gland (Sebaceous gland) of this unit acts as the main control. Certain hormones regulate the activity and size of this gland. An increase in the size of the sebaceous gland results in an increased oil secretion. The skin pores become very sticky. These pores serve as a host, into which the acne causing bacteria, P. acnes multiples.
Adult women are more prone to acne than their male counterparts. This is because, hormonal imbalance or alterations affects adult females more. Women often suffer from acne during menstruation.
4. Myth: Acne can spread from one person to another
Truth: More than often, acne is seen as a contagious dermatological problem. Though caused by the bacteria P. acnes, acne is not contagious. It is rather foolish to maintain a distance from the affected individual.
5. Myth: Acne is a minor problem and needs no medical intervention
Truth: Going for self-medication can do the acne more harm than good. Acne is influenced by a number of internal as well as external factors (stress, hormonal imbalance, unhealthy lifestyle). For an effective treatment, it is important to identify the root cause. It is best to consult a dermatologist at the earliest.
6. Myth: In case of acne, the face should be frequently washed and cleansed
Truth: Ideally, the face should be washed twice daily with a gentle cleanser. Some people get eternal pleasure in squeezing the heads of the spot. This can damage your skin beyond repair.
Do not allow acne problems to affect your self-confidence. Acne can be cured. Do not fall for the baseless myths.