Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dermatologists online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
I am going through a heavy hairfall and at the same time I am a over thinker too, are these two cases related to one another!
The primary cause of head louse is poor personal hygiene. Other causes due to which a person can be infected by lice are:
1. Using combs and towels that are infested.
2. Coming in contact with another person who has this condition.
3. Sharing the bed with a person who is affected by lice.
When a person is affected by this condition then the following symptoms are observed:
1. The saliva of the lice causes an allergic reaction in the scalp which leads to constant itching. It can occur in various places such as ears, scalp and the neck. It may not occur initially, but it tends to occur after a few weeks.
2. Constant scratching can lead to formation of small red bumps on the skin. A bacterial infection usually occurs from constant itching.
3. It may lead to symptoms of dandruff in the scalp.
4. Presence of various insects in the scalp.
Prevention of Lice:
Lice can be prevented by using medicated shampoos and conditioners to wash the hair. The shampoos are usually based on a chemical called pyrethrin. This compound is toxic for lice and helps in getting rid of it.
You can also opt for the following lifestyle changes to prevent lice:
1. You should avoid sharing your hairbrush with others.
2. In case you have long hair, tie it in buns or ponytails.
3. Add tea tree oil to your shampoo before using it.
4. Keep the scalp clean to prevent infestations.
5. Avoid sharing pillows and clothes.
5 years before I used some Cream c and it caused black mark on my face. How to get rid of this mark. Please suggest me something.
I' m 21 years old, I m still having pimples on face n black spot, tell me medicine to cure black spot n holes on face
Im 21 years old female. Im using isotretinoin capsule for acne for the past 2 weeks. The skin around the corners of my mouth became very dry and hypopigmented. Pls suggest me a remedy.
Silk pillowcase slows down skin aging
Using silk pillowcase is known to slow down skin aging by giving you a wrinkle-free skin. This is due to many good qualities of silk fibers.
Silk is a natural fiber obtained from animals and contains amino acids which are compatible and friendly to the human skin. It also contains temperature regulators which adjust your skin to the changing temperatures. Hypoallergenic silk fibers resist many skin allergens like fungus, spores etc making it ideal for sensitive skin.
The tightly woven fiber which remains most in contact with your face retains moisture to your skin and keeps your skin well hydrated. Unlike dry and flaky skin, moistened skin cells are most likely to show fewer wrinkles and hence slow down skin aging process.