Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. SonalYour feedback matters!
Near upper right jaw feeling mild pain and numbness. Nerokind tabletes are suggested by dentist when these are used feeling fine but after 8 hours when tab power lasts again repeats numbness at upper right jaw. How long these tabs should be continued.
I am suffering a problem of rough tongue and a lack of saliva problem from a very long time and it is badly affecting my throat and sleep because I have to sip water again and again in the middle of the nights.
I do brush two times in a day but when I get up in the morning. I found There is so blood in my mouth.
Suddenly I m notice a gap between my upright teeth. And I m eating some stronger food starts pain there. What I do for ends the problem? Please give m a proper answer.
Doctor. Blood is coming between my teeth. What is the problem. How I can I get rid off this problem. What are the reasons for this problem.
I am a 54 year diabetic patient. I feel so much disturbance due to my disease. Nowadays I seems to notice that my gums are swelling up and some times blood comes out the swellings. Plse help me. How can I over come this swelling of gums? Is there any remedial method to decrease my diabetics? Basically I ate only ayurvedic medicines. I did not eat allopathy medicines ever for diabetics.
I think I have very low calcium on my body. Because my teeth became little transparent and weak and some times my bones (neck and spine) give a sound when I move them little hard. What should I eat daily to get more calcium?
Smoking or consuming smokeless tobacco is very harmful for your teeth. It can lead to various oral diseases like oral cancer, gingivitis, periodontitis and tooth decay.
Sir namastye, my mouth problem becz tobacco meta mouth infection hai or mouth kam open hai or mouth pain hai please Help me sir.
I am suffering from bristles from last 5 days. I am taking B complex capsules and using mouth paint. Kindly suggest suitable remedy.
I have mouth ulcer problems. Due to which I am unable to eat any food and it gives me tremendous amount of pain. So kindly suggests any solutions for me.
A healthy set of teeth is essential for good living. However, teeth problems are widespread and you are susceptible to it at any age, at any time. Though there are medications available for tooth problems, sometimes extraction of the tooth remains the only plausible solution.
You may have to undergo tooth extraction for multiple reasons. Some of them are:
- Unaligned teeth: In case you are suffering from unaligned teeth, chances are that you may suffer from what in technical terms is known as "crowded mouth." In such a situation you have difficulty in eating as there is not enough room for the teeth in the mouth. Extraction of tooth, in this case, is the only way to rectify it and align the teeth in a better fashion.
- Infection: Sometimes if you suffer from a tooth infection, it tends to quickly spread to the pulp, affecting and damaging the blood vessels and different nerves. Though medications are available, if the intensity of the infection increases, extraction of tooth remains the only option.
Procedure: There are different steps that are involved in the extraction of teeth. They are:
- Local anesthesia: Like all other surgeries, administering a local anesthesia is the first step. If you are undergoing a tooth extraction, the dentist or the surgeon will inject anesthesia that will create numbness and soothe you of the ensuing pain.
- Cutting away gum and bone tissues: After the anesthesia, the dentist will proceed to extract the infected tooth. In order to do this, the doctor cuts away the gum and the tissues covering the tooth. After the root of the infected tooth has been exposed, the dentist would then with the help of forceps, sever it from the jaw.
After the surgery, you must observe certain precautions to expedite the recovery process. Some of them are:
- Take painkillers: After the tooth extraction, the possibility of suffering from an ensuing pain is incredibly high. Therefore, in most cases the dentist prescribes certain painkillers and you must take them regularly.
- Change the dressing: The operated area will be covered with bandages to preclude any infection. However, the dressing must be changed from time to time. If the same dressing remains for a long time, chances of an infection increase.
- Complete rest: After the extraction, you must take complete rest and not engage in any form of physical activity.
- Avoid certain foods: Just after the surgery, the operated area remains tender. Therefore, you must eat food that requires less effort to chew like soup, pudding, ice cream etc. You must also abstain from smoking and drinking for some time.