Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dentists online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Somnath ParviYour feedback matters!
Hi, My problem is related to teeth. I am not a smoker even don't consume alcohol too much, once a while during social gatherings. But I drink green / jasmine tea around 3 to 4 cups daily. My teeth get black deposits too much quite often and when I get my scaling done it takes 2 to 3 months again they become black from inside. Would request for an advice or a remedy/ precaution for the same. Regards
I usually use to brush my tooth twice a day one at morning and another at before going to bed I use close up diamond attraction toothpaste. But still my tooth gets decayed so please suggest me what should I have already done por composite on my few tooth so please suggest me what I do now.
GOOD BRUSHING TECHNIQUE FOR KIDS
Good brushing should take at least 2 minutes time.
1. Divide the mouth into 6 sections and take 20 secs for each section.
2. Start with the outer surfaces of the lower jaw
3. Then the inner and the biting surfaces
4. Repeat the upper jaw in the same manner. Small circular motion near gum line is most effective.
How I stop chewing tobacco. I am 15 year old and in my mouth only 3 fingers has gone what should I do please doctor I am in very sad?
My lower gums have receded leading to lose of strength of my teeth and gums. Is it possible to bring them up once again so that my teeth gets stronger.
For healthier teeth, flossing daily in a sawing motion is highly recommended. Take the floss to the point where the teeth meet the gums.
Actually I want to know the permanent procedure of whiten of teeth . Actually my teeth having yellow colour and I have done 2 tyms scaling but only 10 Percent results will become positive pls tell me permanent procedure at least 70 percent of whiten of teeth.
Our natural colour of teeth is pale yellow or yellowish white.So does it mean i dont need to go for further treatment for my teeths ?
Doctor, am suffering from mouth ulcers am using b complex even though I can't get relief from them whenever they r affected to me. please give me suggestions to get rid from them permanently? Give me some precautions to don't affect with it next time?
Possible causes include:
• Tooth decay (cavities)
• Fractured teeth
• Worn fillings
• Gum disease
• Worn tooth enamel
• Exposed tooth root
In healthy teeth, a layer of enamel protects the crowns (the part above the gum line )of your teeth. Under the gum line a layer called cementum protects the tooth root. Underneath both the enamel and the cementum is dentin.
Dentin is less dense than enamel and cementum and contains microscopic tubules (small hollow tubes or canals). When dentin loses its protective covering of enamel or cementum these tubules allow heat and cold or acidic or sticky foods to reach the nerves and cells inside the tooth. Dentin may also be exposed when gums recede. The result can be hypersensitivity.
Sensitive teeth can be treated. The type of treatment will depend on what is causing the sensitivity. Your dentist may suggest one of a variety of treatments:
• Desensitizing toothpaste. This contains compounds that help block transmission of sensation from the tooth surface to the nerve, and usually requires several applications before the sensitivity is reduced.
• Fluoride gel. An in-office technique which strengthens tooth enamel and reduces the transmission of sensations.
• A crown, inlay or bonding. These may be used to correct a flaw or decay that results in sensitivity.
• Surgical gum graft. If gum tissue has been lost from the root, this will protect the root and reduce sensitivity.
• Root canal. If sensitivity is severe and persistent and cannot be treated by other means, your dentist may recommend this treatment to eliminate the problem.
Proper oral hygiene is the key to preventing sensitive-tooth pain. Ask your dentist if you have any questions about your daily oral hygiene routine or concerns about tooth sensitivity.