Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Somchand Kannji Savla
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Somchand Kannji SavlaYour feedback matters!
To reduce eye sight what I have to do and what kind of vegetable and non and I have and what kind of food I should avoid? Please send methe details.
I have -4.0 myopia for both eyes. I got a small black dot mark in my left eye vision. When I moved my eye, it's also moving respect to my eye movements. What is this problem? how can I cure it?
I have red eyes since 1 year n I have no irritation n sight problem.. The thing is only red color why? N what I shld do to get them white.
What is the symptoms of wairal fever and I have red eye for over last 3 days and I have pain in my eye.
I have red eyes after a ball came and hit me on my face it is red for 3 days and no sine of recovery. What should I do?
I think I have a problem with my eyes. They keep watering all the time. No nasolacrimal duct block or lacrimal hyperstimulation syndrome detected. What can it be?
My eyes become red and its also etching so much. So much paining please suggest me that what I to do.
I have red eyes over five days and I can see anything not clearly, what should I do, please help me?
Contact lenses are one of the most convenient ways to correct vision-related problems. It is easily disposable and requires least maintenance. It might have minor side effects in the form of irritations and allergies but it requires least time for adaptability. They help to correct nearsightedness and farsightedness along with astigmatism and age-related vision problems like presbyopia. Following are the benefits and harms of wearing contact lenses.
Positive effects of contact lenses
1. Better vision: Wearing contact lenses improves your vision to a great amount, especially peripheral vision. They are comfortable to wear and can correct both nearsightedness and farsightedness. They can cause discomfort initially but are more effective than glasses. Lenses are also available in bifocals and tints and can be worn for long periods of time.
2. Great for active lifestyle: Glasses can be a hindrance to sports activities and can limit your peripheral vision. Lenses on the other hand are great for an active lifestyle as they require short adaptation period. They are easy to put and take care of and do not require a lot of maintenance on your part as it needs least cleaning.
Risks of wearing contact lenses:
- Dry eyes: Dry eyes are the most common side effects of wearing contact lenses
- Infections: Contact lenses wearers are prone to infection of the cornea called keratitis. It can cause swelling, blurry vision and other problems due to lack of oxygen supply to the cornea.
- Allergic reactions: Allergic reaction to the contact lens solution can affect your vision as it causes inflammation of the eyeballs and redness. It can also cause eyelid inflammation and limit your scope of vision. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult an ophthalmologist.