Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Soham Hire
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. Soham HireYour feedback matters!
Hi, Usually I used to walk for more than 2 kms per day but for the past one week I am not able to walk even for a 500metre I am getting severe pain in the thigh and foots. And I have fever from monday I took acetaminophen continuously for 4 days even though still I am having fever and this leg pain so what should I do? Please suggest some good medicines for me ASAP.
There are many causes of headache, and if correctly diagnosed and treated , you may become ?Headache? free.
Common Causes Of Headaches:
Tension Type Headache
The patient who presents with a new, severe headache have causes that may be different from patient with recurrent headaches over many years.
People frequently ask me to get imaging of brain done to rule out the cause of headache. They have special attraction for MRI and CT Scans. But not every headache requires investigations. But there are headaches which require investigations. Let us understand , when a headache requires immediate attention.
Headache Symptoms that Suggest a Serious Underlying Disorder :
Worst headache ever
First severe headache
Headache worsening over days or weeks
Associated with Neurological Deficit
Fever or unexplained systemic signs
Vomiting preceding headache
Pain induced by bending, lifting, cough
Pain that disturbs sleep or presents immediately upon awakening
Known systemic illness
Onset after age 55
Pain associated with local tenderness, e.G, region of temporal artery
If you have any of these symptoms, you need to have a doctor consultation as soon as possible.
Now, let us read about two most common types of headaches, i.E Migraine and Tension type headache that we see in clinical practice.
Migraine, a very common cause of headache, more commonly affects women than men. It is usually an episodic headache which is usually unilateral (on one side of head) and is associated with certain features like:
Nausea (Feeling of vomiting)
Photophobia (Sensitivity to light)
Phonophobia (Sensitivity to sound)
Vomiting, Nausea (Feeling of vomiting)
Paresthesias (tingling sensations)
Alteration of consciousness
People having migraine, usually during acute attacks, prefer to be alone and don?t want any sound, light, want to sleep in dark room.
Acute attacks are usually triggered by some stimulants called as ?triggers? which are commonly following :
Hormonal fluctuations during menses
Lack of or excess sleep
Alcohol, Wine, Cheese or other chemical stimulation
Patients should try to notice their triggers and should do life-style adjustments to avoid them.
How to Deal with Migraines?
Patients having migraine should seek a medical consultation. There are drugs which are given to terminate acute attacks of migraine, as well as to prevent them.
They should have a fix routine of sleeping like from 10 pm to 6 am. They should not sleep for more than 30 min during daytime, as excessive sleeping during day time would cause problem in falling asleep during nighttime, leading to disturbance of sleep cycle and precipitation of migraine.
They should avoid wine, cheese, lemon.
Tension - Type Headache :
It is a chronic head-pain syndrome characterized by tight, band like discomfort. It is bilateral (means on both sides of head). The pain typically builds slowly, fluctuates in severity and may persist more or less continuously for many days. The headache may be episodic or chronic (present >15 days per month). It may be associated with sleep disturbances.
How to Deal with Tension Type Headache?
The pain can generally be managed with simple analgesics but should be taken under medical supervision as they have a long list of adverse effects. There are other drugs too, but can be given only under medical supervision.
Behavioral therapies including relaxation are also effective.
Patients with this type of headaches are advised to throw away their ?Headaches? to prevent the ?Headache? , means they should try to sort out the tension or problem that is causing the headache.
Indoor plants are not just meant for embellishing your interior spaces. They have other qualities as well. They can interact with your mind and body and better your life with their healing qualities. Here's how they can benefit your health:
- They make breathing easy: Do you remember your old science lessons in school? Well, you must know that plants release oxygen into the atmosphere and absorb carbon dioxide during photosynthesis. Human beings do the reverse during respiration or breathing. During night, plants respire like us and absorb oxygen as photosynthesis halts. But there are few plants like orchids, succulents and epiphytic bromeliads do the opposite bit by releasing oxygen even at night. You can keep these plants in the bedroom to increase the oxygen supply around you. This helps your breathing and keeps you fit.
- Add moisture to the air: Plants release water in the form of vapour during photosynthesis and respiration. This leads to increase in the moisture content of air. They are known to release about 90% of the water consumed by them. Therefore, if you keep plants inside your house, your respiratory troubles will be reduced by a great extent. The moisture laden air around you will heal and help your respiratory tract. According to a study by the Agricultural University of Norway, the possibility of developing conditions like dry skin, sore throats and dry coughs is reduced.
- Natural purification of air: It has been claimed by researchers that plants can remove about 87 percent of toxins from the surrounding air in a day. These toxins are called volatile organic compounds (VOCs). VOCs include formaldehyde, benzene and trichloroethylene.
- Health booster: It influences the overall health of an individual. It has been found by researchers that surgical patients improve faster in rooms with plants. They feel energetic; have proper heart rate and blood pressure. Ayurveda Science tells us that a green and airy ambience is pleasing to the mind. It helps in insomnia, hyperacidity and is an excellent aphrodisiac!
- Increases concentration power: A study by The Royal College of Agriculture in Circencester, England, claims that indoor plants helps in increasing the concentration power in individuals. They make you relaxed and leave a positive impact on your mind. You are filled with optimistic energy and able to focus in life better. It can take away stress from your life. People who keep indoor plants in their houses are usually satisfied with life.
Thus, indoor plants can bring positivity in your life. They can definitely give you mental and physical bliss. They are not just a splash of greenery with decorative significance. They are your companions for life and agents of good health. Keep yourself free from stress and strains of daily lives by maintaining your indoor garden. Remember, a single plant indoor can give you millions of reason to smile and cheer for.
My father is 53 years old and he is suffering from Diabetes and cholesterol and borderline blood pressure. Can he run for marathons?
Only 12 days have passed since my last periods But on 13th day a little bleeding started And from the past five days After urinating little bleeding starts please advise.
Kidneys are vital organs of the body for a reason. They remove all the toxins and excessive salts from the body, purifying it each day. However, even your kidneys need cleansing so that their efficiency doesn’t drop. One of the best ways of doing so is by removing all the toxin and salt deposits that are found in the kidneys. One simple and easy method can help you in cleansing your kidneys at regular intervals of time.
Extract of Coriander and Parsley
Boil a mixture of freshly chopped parsley and coriander leaves in water and drink this water for multiple times in a day.
Drinking the concoction 4-6 times a month can effectively cleanse your kidneys. A change in urine after a few days of consumption is an indication that this extract has started working. This method not only cleanses the kidneys and removes excessive salts and toxins, but also erodes any stones that are being formed due to excessive minerals in the body.
It is important to increase the amount of water consumed every day, more fluids in the body makes sure that this process is effectively assisted.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.