Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dentists online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Snovia MachadoYour feedback matters!
My chewing paan masala without using tobacco in it, M using tobacco free pan masala Is it have any harmful affect? before it about 6 months ago m a adductor of smokeless or smoke tobacco but I left it.
Hi sir am 20 years old. My problem is am getting blood on tooth when I get mouth wash and even in normal time E.g. when I eat something etc. So kindly suggest the good route to solve this issue. Seeking earlier reply from you.
Hi, my right wisdom teeth is half broken and I am not able to chew from right side from last 6 years and have consulted 2 doctors so one of them said that if we remove that then in future it will effect your eyes and the other one said that we will remove it .I did not take a step ahead because I do not want to face any problem with eyes. Please help me out by getting rid of this teeth without any effects ,I do not have a pain with it but its looking very bad when I yarn. Thank you.
I have broken my upper front tooth 3 days ago due to accident. I don't have any pain now. Will it be repaired or should I get it removed .Will the gap after removal can be filled or replaced by something? Pls help.
I am 18 years old. I want to ask how do I whiten my tooth either by naturally or medical treatments. Please help me.
After drinking the smell lies for very long next day even upto afternoon what to do to get rid of this mouth smell.
Everyday, blood comes out of my gums, when I spit, all blood comes out, what to do, how to control it.
My tooth are regularly loosing their whiteness & became pale. My gum are loosing their pinkness & bwcame brown. Plese help.
Hello Doctor, I had a protected sex on 11th may 2016 with a women don't know about her status but I have doubt that she is in sexually active with multiple partners. During sex I used condom and there is lots of blood and other liquid on it when I removed it some part of condom touched my open penis head. After that I was to anxious about hiv and did continues study about hiv and its symptoms on internet. After few weeks I felt continues headache, burning sensations, low fever, sore throat, white tongue with red bumps on it, extreme tiredness, brain fog kind of symptoms. One night I suffered from oral thrush (Candida growth) & mouth ulcers. I tested for hiv antibody next day (7th june 2016) came negative. After that my symptoms didn't stopped. I became more anxious. I tested again for hiv antibody one week later (16th june 2016) came negative again. After few days I visit an infectious diseases specialist he advised me for p24 ag / ab Eliza. This report also come negative (after 6 week of exposure) But still I am facing anxiety of hiv. Can't able to concentrate on my work. Please guide me I am dying. Thanks.
Sir/ Madam Inside of my mouth in the soft palate is so much of paining beside of molars teeth. What I do now? Thank you.
My teeth are in very bad condition, i can not talk in public, my mouth smells a lot, my teeth are full of cavity and i cleans them twice a day but this is happening from 4 years,i m taking care of this but its not solving.
What must be done if, some one has burning sensation in tongue? And feeling like ulcers? Can constipation cause the infection? As thecolour of the tongue has changed to brick red and there is pain in swallowing.
My one tooth is bent inwards. I don't want to use braces as someone told me that two other tooths from the corners will be removed for that. I heard of something called hard push up which is done manually by doctor and is time taking. Please suggest me on that.
Mouth breathing in children is very common and while a kid with open mouth might seem cute, it is not always the case. The parents need to be made aware that a child breathing through the mouth all the time is not normal and it is high time they find a way to manage it.
A little understanding of the effects of the mouth breathing habit on the child's health in general and oral health in particular can be an eye-opener for the parent. For an educated person, there are obvious symptoms, which indicate that the child is a mouth-breather.
These symptoms include:
- Dryness of the lips
- Crowding of the front teeth
- Sleeping with the mouth open
- Recurrent infections of the airways including sinusitis and middle ear infections
- Bad breath
Common causes include:
- Chronic nasal obstruction/congestion because of which the child is not able to get enough oxygen through the nose.
- Enlarged tonsils or adenoids
- Thumb or finger-sucking habit
- Recurrent respiratory infections
Effects of mouth breathing on oral health:
Mouth breathing may seem like a harmless habit, but has serious effects on the oral and dental health of the child. Some of them are discussed below.
- Dry mouth: A constantly open mouth can lead to drying up of the saliva. This in turn leads to reduced effects of saliva including the flushing effect on the bacteria and the food deposits. This leads to increased chances of tooth decay and gum diseases.
- Tooth decay: With reduced saliva, the pH remains acidic for a longer period of time, leading to increased chances of tooth decay.
- Gum diseases: Reduced amounts of saliva also leads to increased gum disease and periodontal disease as the bacteria are not removed and have a conducive environment to act upon.
- Facial development: A mouth breathing child maintains a different posture than a nose breather. This leads to a narrow and long face, flattened nose, smaller nostrils, reduced facial tone, thin upper lip, pouty upper lip, and a small lower jaw.
- Speech: An open mouth causes the tongue to thrust into the palate when talking. This leads to altered pronunciation of some sounds; especially and can cause lisping.
- Braces: Mouth breathing causes multiple challenges including prolonged treatment period, inability to close the gaps, reduced stability of the realigned teeth, and increased chances of relapse. The added complication of increased gum disease and tooth decay makes it worse. The habit needs to be corrected first before going in for braces.
If that sounds like a long list, they are not all inclusive. Early intervention in the habit can correct and negate all these effects. Talk to your dentist to know how to help your mouth breathing child.