Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SnehalYour feedback matters!
My mother is 49 years old. She want to take calcium tablets can you prefer some calcium tablets for her which has no side effect for her? please Thank you.
My girlfriend and I had unprotected sex within 12 hours she ate emergency contraception and after 6 days started bleeding for 8 days then it stopped then two days later she found some brown and red blood what does it mean is this implantation bleeding? Her last period was two months ago and she always has irregular periods,
I am 23 years old girl. I skipped my periods from last few months. In thyroid test my tsh count is 0.023. Please explain this figure and suggest me what should I do.
11 Ways To Escape Water Borne Diseases This Monsoon
Water borne diseases are easily contracted during rainy season and tend to spread very fast. They could be parasitic, viral & bacterial and are transmitted through contaminated fresh water, usually. To prevent seasonal diseases viz. malaria, worms, cholera, diarrhea, malaria, dysentery, etc. take the following steps before hand.
1) Avoid Water Stagnation - Make sure that there is no water accumulated anywhere around your home or office. If storing water, change it every day. Very common examples of stored water in India are coolers and water drums. Ensure they are cleaned and the water stored is either used up or changed regularly.
2) Use Clean Water - Always use clean water to cook, to wash hands & vegetables and also to brush your teeth.
3) Wash Your Hands - Always wash your hands well with clean water and soap before eating, cooking or feeding.
4) Avoid Pre-Cut Fruits - Avoid eating pre-cut/peeled fruits and vegetables, especially the ones sold in roadside stalls. Cut or peel them yourself and eat instantly.
5) Use Antiseptic - Put a few drops of antiseptics in the water you take your bath with. This will take care of any skin infections that might be lingering.
6) Boil Drinking Water - Drink only boiled/filtered water.
7) Clean Before Use - Always store water in clean containers. Take special care in ensuring the containers used to store drinking, cooking and bathing water, are clean.
8) No Street Food - Avoid all kinds of street foods. Its the riskiest.
9) Cover Stored Water - Close overhead tanks.
10) Avoid Dampness - For asthmatics, make sure that clothes and carpets are well-aired. There should not be in fungal growth in shoes, furnitures, etc.
11) Don’t Stay Wet - If you are diabetic, make sure your feet don't stay wet. Dry them as soon as possible.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.
I have doubt that does eating bitter gourd vegetable will cause any problems in a girl who is trying to get conceive. Please help soon.
Successful living is a state where the mind and body are in perfect sync. In this state, one is able to make use of all of the available resources to live happily and with satisfactory results as far as life, work and relationships go. This does not mean that there are absolutely no problems. It simply means that you look at the problems and challenges as opportunities for growth, and solve them to live to the best of your abilities.
So what are the rules for successful living? Here is our list!
- Believe and Understand: While you may have heard the phrase, 'Believe in yourself', you would not have heard the word understand associated with it on a normal basis. Yet, the crux of the matter is this to believe, you must understand. Believing in your abilities is one side of the coin. Understanding your limitations is the other side. So, once you have both things in place, it becomes easier to plan your actions in a realistic manner. When you believe in your competence and understand your limitations, you will either take on those tasks that will be commensurate with your skills, or you will equip yourself with higher skills so as to take on even more varied activities and tasks.
- Simplify: This is an often repeated and extremely underrated term. To be more organised, you do not merely need the latest modular fittings in your home and office. One of the aspects of simplifying is decluttering. When you declutter, you are effectively removing all those things that do not serve you. If these things were to remain in front of you, they will only serve to expend your energy with thoughts of wastage and wastage of time as well, since you will be working your way through chaos to get to your core.
- Moderation: Simplification and moderation go hand in hand. Superfluous acts may give instant gratification, but they do not serve you in the long run. They strip you of self-control and can even alienate you from your relationships as you get closer to things rather than people. So, it is good to have a healthy dose of everything in your life for true balance and successful living.
- Perspective: If problems are bogging you down, then there are chances that your perspective is all wrong. Being more open and looking at the big picture are two sure shot ways of ensuring that the problems come and go without affecting your equilibrium.
Being in the moment and putting your family first is a part of creating a balanced situation in life where judegments, material wants and egos will not matter.
The recent study says that people who ate spicy food expecially fresh chilly peppers 1- 2 times a week had 10 percent reduced overall risk of death and eating them 3 - 7 times a week reduced the risk by 14 percent capsaicin the main ingredient in chilli peppers, is known to have anti obesity anti oxidant anti inflammatory and anti cancer properties
I think am 3 weeks pregnant and I have taken mtp kit (T pill )but I do not bleed what's wrong with? I got positive result on prega news kit.
Hello doctor I ma 7 weeks pregnant I have no symptoms is it ok. Because at 6 week doctor saw heartbeat by 120.
Hello, I'm 7 Months pregnant women and want to know more about 3D/4D/5D scanning also planning to get a CD of my kid.
Sir, I am 43 years female. I have a fibroids of 7 and 7.8 cm. Can it be dissolved through ayurveda or surgery is necessary. I am having this problem from 2 yrs. Ihad heavy bleeding and clots before .now it has reduced.in last 3 cycles only once it was heavy.
A new year is like a blank book, and the pen is in our hands. Lets consider it as an opportunity to write a beautiful story for ourself in year 2017 and follow these mantras to live healthy life style:
Say no to alcohol
Maintain bmi: 18.5-24.9
Maintain bp: 120/80
<!--200--> Maintain blood sugar levels (8 hrs fasting): 70-99 mg/dl. Blood sugar levels (2 hrs after meal): <140 mg/dl
<!--140--> 6-7 hours of sleep
Say no to fast foods
Walking/exercise 45 minutes 5-6 days per week
Eat 6-7 meals a day (3 major + 3-4 small)
Eat plenty of vegetables and fruits
Don't skip meals
Drink 2-3 litres of water per day
Maintain healthy body weight
Think positive and keep yourself surrounded with positive energy.
In case of any nutrition related query or to book an appointment with dt. Silky mahajan please send us a mail at info@foodsandnutrition. In or call on 080 6741 7780 (dial extension: 778).
Wish you all a very happy, prosperous and healthy new year 2017:).
I am 35yrs old single working women. My weight 73kg. Height 5.1 feet. Since from last 3 months whenever i get my chums, its unable to stop. sometimes it goes for 8 to 11 days. Currently taking medication Pause500, Zacovit and Unwanted 21. . Done sonography, my GP told,, everything is fine. pls let me know what to do?.
My last period was on 18th of February. And my test for pregnancy is positive but feeling pain in back and now it started pain I'm burst also.
Ma apne husband ka sath sex Krti hu to mere niche k part me lubricant kam banta hai. Or during sex, kafi jalan bhi hoti hai. please koi gharelu ilaz bataye.
So your folks have always been advising, Early to bed, early to rise, makes a person healthy, wealthy and wise? But, it is so not you. You realise that waking up early has its perks but cannot bring yourself to do it? You must have categorised yourself as nocturnal and left things at that.
Fact is, getting up early morning not only makes you more productive it also makes you less stressful. It is better to start your day on a calm note than rushing to get ready and leave for work. Give your body time to get out of sleep before you begin your daily grind.
1) Sleep is first: Deadline is an excuse. Make it a point to sleep at an assigned hour and waking up at a particular time.
2) Break the cycle: You sleep late, you wake up late and the cycle continues. Break this by forcing yourself to sleep at a particular time. Use simple ways such as having a warm glass of milk before bed, exercising, etc to make yourself fall asleep.
3) Be patient: It is ok to fail. The trick is to keep trying. Your body is used to a certain sleeping pattern and it will take a few days before it can accept a new one.
4) Start small: Take baby steps. On the first day, sleep 15 minutes earlier than your regular time and wake up 15 minutes earlier. Increment it till you reach your goal time.