Find numerous Physiotherapists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Shin Splints
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Knee replacement
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Interferential Therapy Procedure
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Postural Training Techniques
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Sports And Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy
Sports Fracture Rehabilitation
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Sports Physical Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Snehal G DeshpandeYour feedback matters!
suffer ing from back pain from last four years. My weight is 95 kg So please advice me from recover.
I had low back pain sciatica nerve compression took medicine got pain relief but my right foot and foot finger are slightly numb should I go to work or take rest ?
Knee pain is something that can affect anyone - irrespective of their age. While sometimes it may be of minor importance - and can easily be handled by self-care, often, lingering pain is a manifestation of some other serious underlying problem, such as arthritis. In this case, it is imperative that you consult a doctor and take appropriate measures to combat it.
Arthritis: The chief cause of lingering knee pain, arthritis itself can be of a number of types:
- Osteoarthritis, which is a result of deterioration of cartilages due to wear and tear
- Rheumatoid Arthritis, an inflammatory chronic disorder
- Septic Arthritis, causing pain, swelling and redness.
- Gout caused due to the development of uric acid crystals in the joints
Fractures: These are caused by the breaking up of the kneecap due to falls or collisions.
ACL Injuries: Caused due to the tearing of the anterior cruciate ligament (that connects the femur and the shinbone). Especially common in sportspersons such as footballers or basketball players.
Meniscus tears: The meniscus or the rubber-like cartilage (that acts as a shock absorber) can be torn by sudden jerks or excess pressure.
Symptoms:The major symptoms of knee pain include weakness, redness, instability, stiffness or the inability to properly straighten or move the leg. Often, a deformity is also visible, such as a bone sticking out of the leg - in which case it is advisable to consult a doctor immediately.
- Possible risks: Factors which include the odds of being inflicted by knee pain and cause serious complications include :
- Being overweight: This exponentially increases the stress or pressure that is applied on the knee joints - even in doing mundane tasks like walking up and down stairs.
- Excessive physical activity: Some activities, such as sports apply excess stress on the knees as compared to other tasks.
- Loss of muscle flexibility: Tightness or weakness in muscles causes increasing number of problems in the knees.
Related Tip: Causes and Symptoms of Knee Pain?
I got a pain in my forearm it started when I start workout and weightlifting. What should i do to cure?
Hello can anyone tell. Is it possible sciatica pain go into upper back on a specific area. I heard sciatica pain can go into upper back throw nerve. Or is dis posture issue. Help.Please tell.
I have some joint and back pain. So exercise will help me to recover it. Please give some suggestion.
Hi am mahira I have back pain very badly since 4 days. N my age was 26. please help me what should I do.
Good evening sir. Sir i'm having back pain since many days and the back bone is giving me very much pain. So can you please give me suggestion to avoid this. Thankyou.
What Is Spondylolisthesis?
Spondylolisthesis is a spinal condition that affects the lower vertebrae (spinal bones). This disease causes one of the lower vertebras to slip forward onto the bone directly beneath it. This is a painful condition, but it is treatable in most cases. Both therapeutic and surgical methods may be used. Proper exercise techniques can help you avoid this condition.
Symptoms of Spondylolisthesis
The symptoms of spondylolisthesis vary. People with mild cases may not have any symptoms. However, people with severe cases may be unable to perform daily activities. Some of the most common symptoms are:
- persistent lower back pain
- stiffness in your back and legs
- lower back tenderness
- thigh pain
- tight hamstring and buttock muscles
The treatment for spondylolisthesis depends on your severity of pain and vertebra slippage. Nonsurgical treatments can help ease pain and encourage the bone to go back into place. It's important to avoid contact sports during the healing process.
Common nonsurgical treatment methods include:
- wearing a back brace
- doing physical therapy exercises
- taking over-the-counter or prescription anti-inflammatory drugs (such as ibuprofen) to reduce pain
- using epidural steroid injections