Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Snehal DeshmukhYour feedback matters!
Hi doctor My question is regarding my confirmation of pregnancy. Frm 3 months my mensuration cycle is in july 4th date in the august its 1st and again igot 30aug. With the help of ovulation calculator we had sex every alternate days till date. But I dint get my periods in this month till date. I have done prega test 3rd sep its showing negative. Im having doubt whether im pregnant or ill getvperiod.
Ask any woman who had a baby in the last one year, as to what was one of her major complaints post pregnancy and the answer would be “stretch marks.” And, if you think of the belly as the only affected area, you are wrong! Even the breasts, calves and arms are affected.
The skin stretches beyond its limits in a short period of time and so these stretch marks appear. It is more common with women who have had excessive weight gain and with multiple babies. It is also hereditary and women with oily skin are less likely to have them. Also, women who regularly apply moisturizer have fewer stretch marks. However, there definitely are ways to both avoid and reduce the stretch marks.
Prevention is definitely more effective.
- Stretch mark creams can be used from day one of pregnancy, which can help reduce the formation of these marks.
- A good cream could also help eliminate existing stretch marks from earlier pregnancies, in addition to preventing new ones from forming.
- It is best to use the cream both during day and night after a warm shower. This will help the skin to absorb the cream optimally, making it more effective.
- Preventive lotions have a combination of cocoa butter, shea butter, honey, aloe vera and various oils including almond, castor, olive, vitamin E, and other essential oils. Each of them has their own effective way to control stretch marks.
- Other preventive measures include exercise, exfoliation using a scrubber and eating a diet which is low in zinc.
But treatment is the solution if prevention is not possible.
- Soon after pregnancy, try and use creams that contain cocoa butter, glycolic acid, various oils like almond, vitamin E, castor, and olive which will help manage the stretch marks.
- A good massage using these oils has proved to be one of the best ways to manage stretch marks on the belly and breasts.
- There are various on-the-shelf products nowadays for treating these marks, but use the one prescribed by your doctor. The way these chemicals get absorbed and excreted may not be clear to you and if you are breast-feeding, it is safer to consult a doctor before using such items.
- In addition to the creams, exercise and sufficient hydration are also essential to help stretch marks disappear.
- Laser surgery is another option which can do any of these 3 things – produce pigments in the lighter areas, improve collagen production in the depressed areas, or reduce the color of the darker areas in a stretch mark. Though offered widely, this is best avoided given the side effects.
Stretch marks are an integral part of pregnancy and it is best to let nature run its course after doing everything to prevent it or treating it safely. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
PLease see the below report and condition & suggest Single live foetus in breech presentation. Placenta: posterior low lying with grade 1 maturity, lower margin of placenta is near the internal OS. Liquor: just adequate for gestational age. Fetal cardiac activity and movements are normal. Cervical length (TAS&TVS): 3.0 cm. Internal OS closed. Nuchal translucency measures 1.8 mm normal. Nasal bone is visualized. No obvious congenital anomalies noted. Impression: single live intrauterine foetus in breech presentation with gestational age of 14 weeks 5 days. PLease suggest according to above
I am a mother of 2 years daughter. My daughter still take breastfeed. Can you please suggest me is there any harm in that or is it will effect my or my child's body. And how to stop this. Is their is any medicine by which my daughter stops breastfeed?
I am taking krimson 35 from past 8 days and today I observed slight spotting. Should I continue the medicine or stop? What could be the reason for it. Its the first time I am taking krimson as my pcod is 15 days back discovered on account of missing my periods for 2 months. I do not have any family history of pcos. PLEASE HELP ME GYNECOLOGISTS!
You may develop a form of diabetes during pregnancy, which is known as gestational diabetes. The condition usually goes away after childbirth. During pregnancy, hormonal changes within the body may cause the blood sugar level to rise. This condition affects the developing fetus as well, as the baby receives nutrients from your blood. The baby may store the extra sugar as fat and may grow unusually large.
How gestational diabetes affects the baby
Owing to the abnormally large size, the baby may be at risk of facing several complications, if you have gestational diabetes. Your baby may be affected in the following ways:
1. There may be injuries during birth due to the large size.
2. Low blood sugar level and mineral level during birth.
3. Jaundice, which is a condition which turns the skin to yellow.
4. The baby may be born prematurely.
5. Breathing problems which are temporary.
6. The baby will be at a higher risk of obesity later in life.
How gestational diabetes affects the mother
The chances of several pregnancy complications get enhanced due to gestational diabetes. The possible risks are as follows:
1. Chances of undergoing a C-section
2. Chances of miscarriage
4. Pre-term birth
5. After giving birth, the mother has high chances of developing type 2 diabetes.
How to manage gestational diabetes?
You can follow several tips and must undergo lifestyle changes for keeping your diabetes in control. These include the following:
2. Regular physical exercise is essential for the management of sugar levels. You should work out for at least 30 minutes every day.
3. Regular health check-ups are very important, especially for your baby after birth. These may include ultrasounds and nonstress tests.
4. Prescribed medication such as insulin and several others help in the management of blood sugar levels.
5. You must observe your blood sugar level properly. You should take a blood sugar test many times a day.
6. You should always watch your symptoms for any sign of blood sugar during pregnancy.
In case you are diagnosed with gestational diabetes, you must consult a doctor immediately. Managing this condition at an early stage will prevent your baby from being affected in several ways. The condition can be successfully managed and majority of women with gestational diabetes have regular vaginal births and produce healthy babies. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
Sona is trying to conceive for around 6-7 months but failed. She has one baby of 3 years. Her husband suffered from vericocil is this is d cause of failure.
I am 19 year old nd I am taking yasmin pills and I had unprotected sex. I started taking yasmin on 16 sep 3rd day of my periods and had sex on 27 & 28. Pills ends on 6th oct and I got abit bleeding on 8th oct in the evening. In morning no bleeding occurs. Am I pregnant or safe.
Hi doc, got my abortion done on 20th oct by pills. Got my tvs done on 4thnov. As there done on 4thnov. As there were some li'l pieces left. Again I had misoprostol through vaginally pieces left. Again I had misoprost through vaginally but didn't bleed. Doc told me to wait till periods. Now got my periods on 27th nov. Still continued .flow is very light. Blood clots are there. Should I wait for some more days or should make a visit to doc. What to do please suggest.
I am 32 years female and I married at the age of 28 years. I am suffering from PCOS . All the remaining test of me and my husband are normal. In may 2016 may doctor did laparoscopy and she said that no tubal blockage and she punctured some water bubbles in ovaries. 2 months completed but I didn't convieve. I was so tensed with this problem.
Hi. I got married two months back and my husband is in abroad. We are yet to have our intercourse as I was have PCOS. Next month I will be leaving to his place, where we are planning to have sex. When I discussed with my friends who got married, they said they had pain during sex, which is making me afraid. Kindly help me to overcome the fear.
I have one month baby boy can I drink green tea I have gastric problem also and it's my third cesarean baby.
Me and my wife is 43,42 years old living a happy and healthy sex life, but incidentally due to failure contraceptive she conceived, but non growth of fetus in 8 weeks she has to undergo abortion, we have two females of 20,15 years. now problem is that she wants tubectomy immediately, but doctors tell us to do that after 6-8/weeks of abortion, yesterday we did intercourse using condom, but she is afraid some cum leaks in her vagina and she can get pregnant again, but I am sure no burst of condom, all cum in condom but how can I tell her, my life at presently in a very sad condition, what should I do to assure her that we do not need any baby in future and after a perfect time we will undergo tubectomy or vasectomy. Please guide.
Hi doc, these days I have been hearing a lot about intimate washes for cleaning woman's private area. And also the vaginal tightening creams. Are these both safe to use? Will it affect my reproductive health?
Hello doctor my wife got her periods last month on 26th date now uptil mow she did not get her period its been late so wt food or wt shld can be done for getting the period. As it is not any pregnancy.
Dear Doctor, I'm 4 month pregnant and today morning suddenly I had a bleeding. I use to have this problem before also and use to take injection and vaginal tablet but almost after 25 days I got bleeding again. Past two days I travel little distance might be because of that or it is a risk. Please advice I'm so worried. This is my first pregnancy.
Impotence, also known as erectile dysfunction, is a condition in which a man is not able to maintain an erection during sexual intercourse. It can be triggered by a variety of conditions like smoking, intake of certain drugs, health disorders or excessive consumption of alcohol. Although treatment options like medication and surgery are available, there are non-invasive treatments that can help a person fight the condition.
Here are some of them:
1. Engage in a physical workout - Among the many types of lifestyle changes that could be resorted to, exercise is the most effective one. Exercising improves blood flow and blood pressure in the body, both of which are essential for getting and maintaining a normal erection for a prolonged time. Plus, exercising also increases the level of testosterone, which is a crucial factor in sex drive.
2. Follow a balanced diet - The food you consume has a direct effect on your health and subsequently on your sex drive. A diet consisting of fruits, veggies, fish and lesser servings of red meat and refined grains can decrease the risk of impotency. Also, a healthy diet helps to maintain a stable body weight, which aids in sexual activity. Overconsumption of junk foods can cause obesity and diabetes, which are responsible for impotence.
3. Get sufficient sleep - Apart from a host of health problems, lack of sleep may also you render you impotent. Studies have shown that testosterone levels of men who are sleep deprived are much lower than in those who get their 8 hours of sleep. A proper sleep schedule should thus be duly adhered to.
4. Quit smoking and limit your alcohol consumption - Erectile dysfunction can be the cause of vascular disease. This occurs when the blood supply to the penis becomes restricted due to the blockage and narrowing of arteries. Alcohol and smoking can be responsible for this and can be the cause of both temporary and long-term impotence. Therefore, it's important to limit your alcohol consumption and quit smoking altogether. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
To treat frozen shoulder:-
1. Start with physiotherapy treatment
2. Start regular exercise
3. Don't lift heavy thing
4. Check your bp and sugar
5. Reduce your weight
6. Do hot fermentation twice a day
7. Take calcium vitamin d 3 and other supplement advice by your Dr.