Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sneha Mhapsekar Shirodkar
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sneha Mhapsekar ShirodkarYour feedback matters!
I have toothache from last 2 days. It. Usually occurs with a span of 2-3 month but now it is at it worst.
Sore tongue on sides on regular basis. Stomach is relatively OK now earlier I had bloating but now its fine. Tongue is constantly sore on sides and it pains too even without eating. While eating spicy it hurts more. Please suggest!
I brush everyday, but my teeth are yellow. What should I do to make my teeth white and shiny? And I also get stink from my mouth.
I am a 70 year old male. I have an abscess on the gum near the tooth where root canal was done last year my dentist advise to extract the tooth as it is cracked. A course of antibiotics did not reduce the swelling can I save the tooth?
I am 323 years old and having tooth problem like huge pain on upper right side tooth n when it pain the connected vain till temple of the forhead from behind of the ears its pains tremendously kindly let me know its sinus or because of tooth no insect or bacteria in the tooth.
I am getting frequently 2-3 mouth ulcer's in a range of 2 week. Is there any way to stop or reducing this?
I got mouth ulcer on tongue around 18 days back. I have used moxikind cv, cefixime 200 mg, zerodol sp, dentogel, becosules tablets .since the pain was not reduced so please suggest me good tablets for reduction of mouth ulcer.
Sir I am having pirea in my teeth and daily while doing brush blood comes out from gums so please tell me anything to cure this?
When I was a child I had a cavity tooth which I covered the cavity with cement now its pain what should I do.
Plaque is a film that forms over the teeth. This film is sticky in nature and it is also colorless. It is formed due the presence of bacteria and materials secreted by the bacteria. Plaque has the potential to damage the enamel of the tooth. If plaque is not treated within a reasonable amount of time, then it becomes hard in texture and causes even more damage.
Reasons that cause plaque:
1. Failure to brush every day: This is the chief reason behind the formation of plaque. Teeth must be brushed twice every day in order to keep them clean and healthy. If food particles remain stuck in the groves of the teeth, they can lead to many problems, like cavities and plaque. Each area of the teeth should be cleaned with a suitable toothbrush. The insides of the teeth should not be neglected.
2. Failure to floss every day: Flossing is unfortunately not so common in India. Brushing helps to keep the teeth clean overall but it does not reach some of the spaces between the teeth. Flossing is therefore required to make sure that the plaque on the gum line and other problematic areas are removed.
3. Excessive consumption of sweet and sugary food: Foods like cakes, muffins, sweetmeats, cold drinks, ice creams etc contain carbohydrates which the bacteria tend to feed on. In the process of creating the film of plaque, they turn the sugar into acid, which causes damage to the tooth. Such foods should, therefore, be avoided as they cause plaque.
4. Avoiding natural foods that improve teeth: There are many natural foods which keep teeth healthy. Failing to include such foods in one's diet could lead to the formation of plaque. Fruits and vegetables like guava or carrots can serve this purpose.
5. Failing to visit the dentist regularly: Since dentists are experts when it comes to taking care of death, everyone should make sure to get dental checkups regularly. Even if one flosses and brushes regularly, plaque may still form. A dentist should be consulted regularly to check if any such formation has occurred. Failure to this may cause the formation of even more plaque and more damage.
Related Tip: The Chemistry between Calcium and Teeth?