Find numerous Ophthalmologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Sneha J ShahYour feedback matters!
Did you know that your vision is responsible for around 80% of you sensory input? your eyes are among the most delicate organs in your body. Long work hours in front of the computer and long study hours results in tired and sometimes irritating eye conditions. But help isn't too far. Before you head to the doctor, you can head to your kitchen to look for solutions. There are several home remedies that you can try to not only improve your eyesight but also get rid of glasses and rebuild your vision! here's how you can do it:
1. Exercise: Just like any other body part, your eyes need exercise too. Blinking your eyes rapidly for 5 seconds helps moisturize it. Similarly, cupping your eyes with you palms for 4-5 minutes triggers acupuncture points that helps the eye to relax. There are specific exercises to reduce eye strain, improve blurred vision and enhance reading. Do these as per the specific problem you are facing.
2. Take a break: Follow the 10-10-10 rule when you are on the computer for extended hours. For every half hour of work, take a 10 min break to look at something n a distance at least 10 feet away for 10 seconds. These becomes tricky if you are studying or working in a fast paced environment and easily forget to take breaks. Set alarms that help you know the time so that you can actively plan your breaks. To enhance break time, try to look at greenery during your 10 sec break which helps the eyes relax better. Splash your eyes with cold water to give them a fresh feel.
3. Yoga: Yoga and meditation relaxes your body and mind. It is also a great way to relax your eyes as you get to close them and give them rest. When you close your eyes, you shut out a big chunk of sensory inputs helping your body go from an active reaction mode to a passive action mode.
4. Eat for your eyes: Make sure you add your weekly quota of vision enhancing food in you diet. Carrots which are rich in beta-carotene and vitamin a are great for the eyes. Similarly grapes and blueberries work great to improve your night vision. Green leafy veggies, garlic, shallots, eggs and onion all contribute in keeping your eyes healthy and strong. Cold water fish rich in DHA is an another great food that helps reduce dry eyes and muscular degeneration.
5. Change your lifestyle: Other than exercise and proper nutrients, you need to ensure you get a shut eye for six to eight hours every day to let your eyes fully rest and rejuvenate. As always drink 6 - 8 glasses of water. And don't forget to get regular eye check ups especially if you are a diabetic or have other health conditions that adversely affect your eyes.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Sir, I have a problem of itching in my eyes and skin every time .its type of allergy lead to asthma later. I feel itching while eating black chana, brinjal dish, karela. What should I do to cure this problem.
Sir I can not concentrate on one thing at a time, even while studying I can concentrate only for 5minutes max. I start thinking about whatever I see going on in society like if I watch cricket I imagine myself as a best player of the team nd also like a soldier, agent, scientist nd so much other things also. I want to concentrate on my studies at a time. Help me sir.
I have desk job minimum 18 hours I operate computer from last few months I noticed my eyesight is not same as before should I go to doctor?
Why patient with osteoarthritis been prescribed with aspirin; Tramadol; paracetamol and ondansetron? Patient has undergone surgery for cataract previously.
My eyes itch a lot. And bags are formed under my eyes. Even cold compress is not giving any relief. What should I do?
Sir I have computer based desk job. From last 30 days I have pain in my eyes. There is headache also. Please help.
Hello Doctor My sister having left eye power -0.75 and right eye -1.0. She prefers to use contact lenses. Will using same power to both eye or different power is good? Thank you.
Hello sir, My only one eye is working second eye has problem from birth I did not understand about that. My pupil of eye has melted. And lens also. I am not able to see from one eye. Am I able to join any government job?
I am having a slight irritation in my eyes .it has been 3 days and some time a slight headache. What should I do? Does these things happen due to cold I mean its winter season na.
Mujhe face to face bat karne me bahut problem hota he eye contact nahi ban pata he. Sar me or aankho me bharipan ho jata he.
Sir/mam, I want to remove my eye glasses naturally. So what should I have to do for this. please give me suggestions.
My right eye generally is filled with tear type water specially after waking up to take bath and during the day while i work on computer.
I am 31 yrs old male. I feel very sleepy from the evening like my eyes are getting heavy and I am applying force to keep it open, my eyes get reddish and by 11 pm I collapse in bed. I get up at 6 am and often sleep in afternoon to 1 or 2 hours. Even in day time my forehead is heavy, some time I feel pain at the both side of forehead. I went to ent but no use. They write on prescription dns after putting torch light in my nose. I don't know how to get rid of this and where to go for treatment. Please help.
Eye Exams: Why Are They Important?