Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Neurologists in India. You will find Neurologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Assistive Walking Device Training
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Submit a review for Dr. Sneh ShashankYour feedback matters!
I have the problem of fits (epilepsy) since 2008. It happens one or two times in a year. As it gives no symptoms like headache etc. Before it. Why this is happened? I took treatment in two hospitals. All the reports are normal. Doctor suggested to take tablets eptoin 100 mg twice a daily upto lifetime. Is it have any side effects?
Are you experiencing memory loss? Your memory changes often as you grow, but memory loss which causes disruption of your daily life is not a part of ageing. It may be a symptom of Alzheimer’s disease, which is the most common type of dementia. Dementia refers to a slow decline in your memory, thinking, judgement and reasoning skills.
Alzheimer’s is a fatal disorder, which may result in the loss of brain function. It may be hard to differentiate between the symptoms of Alzheimer’s disease and normal age-related changes. For proper identification of symptoms associated with Alzheimer’s disease, you should know about the warning signs. They are as follows:
- Memory loss which disrupts daily life: Forgetting of information learnt recently is a common sign of Alzheimer’ disease, especially in the early stage. Forgetting important events or dates and asking for something over and over are also likely signs.
- Difficulty in planning and solving problems: Some people may experience changes in their ability to develop and follow any plan or work associated with numbers. Trouble regarding keeping track of bills and following a particular recipe are common examples. A person may also face problems with concentration.
- Difficulty in completing familiar tasks: Another warning sign of Alzheimer’s disease is when a person cannot complete simple and familiar daily tasks. Problems like driving to a known location, remembering the rules of a game or managing budget are likely.
- Confusion regarding time or place: People with Alzheimer’s disease may lose track of seasons, dates and the passage of time. They may not understand situations when they do not happen immediately.
- Problems in understanding visual images: Vision problems may be an indication of Alzheimer’s in some people. Difficulty in reading, judgement of distance and the determination of color may occur which cause problems during driving.
- Problems in speaking or writing: Another sign of Alzheimer’s disease is when a person has problems in following or joining a conversation. They may pause while conversing and have no idea about how to continue with it. Problems with vocabulary, finding proper words and calling things by a wrong name are more warning symptoms.
- Misplacing stuff and being unable to retrace steps: A person with Alzheimer’s may develop a tendency of keeping things in unusual places. They end up losing the things as they cannot go back and retrace where they kept something. They may also accuse people of stealing their things.
- Decreased sense of judgement: Another important warning sign of Alzheimer’s disease is a decreased sense of judgement. Changes in decision making and judgement are likely to develop in a person. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.
When i am angry or i am shouting my hands and legs shiver very severly and then I cant speak properly I face dificulty at that moment to talk also as i am shouting so keep speaking, past few time i am observing this happening to me. Is it normal or it happens?
Hello, I have been facing this problem for the last 4 years. Getting pain near the heart once every 1 hour, and hands shivering continuously every time 24/7. Consulted cardiovascular doctor thrice said no problem, then consulted gastro had some issues of gas but now I m getting lesser pains, however getting them on odd days again. Even at times vague pains across the body like shoulder, foot near the middle nerve, near the thigh, back side of the head etc. Please help me here to come out of the prob.
My girlfriend is suffering from migraine since last 2 years. She is saying to me that by migraine her mind cells are damaging day by day. She is weak day by day. Can here we have any solution any surgery to resolve it? Because the doctors are saying that you don't have enough time. Please give me suggestions any surgery to resolve. Please.
I am a 42 year old male and cannot sleep properly due to obstructive sleep apnea also I am overweight. Please tell me what to do?
I am having problem of shivering hands since five years. I do not even drink. My hands kept shivering continuously. I feel ashamed in front of my friends and relatives.
Sir my hands are shivering without tension at am doing to cure from that one so please cure method to me sir.
Compliance - taking medicine on time , without missing any doses,
and Avoiding sleep deprivation - atleast 8-9 hours sleep in night and avoid late night outings.
Nowadays I can't able to inserting thread into needles or pulling elastic rubber so hard as my hand and fingers trembling shaking whenever I try to focus on it. Please help me.
I have a serious problem of forgetting the things I think this is the weakness in brain capacity, What should I do?
Tell me about brain stroke. Is this related to sugar means diabetic. My mother is suffering from this and admitted in hospital in Feb to March 2016.
I feel pain and something like vibration in my scale muscles for a second while sleeping. Can you please tell me reason, why this happens? What should I do to cure it?
She is suffering from migraine for 3 year or so. But from a few day back she is suffering with very high head ache very frequently, most probably due to migraine. What should she do to minimize.
When you feel pain or pressure in your head, it may become difficult for you to assess whether you are experiencing a common headache or a migraine. Let's understand how different they are from each other.
A typical headache usually affects both sides of your head and varies from a mild to moderate pain. It can last from 30 minutes to up to a period of one week.
Some specific areas which get affected by a headache are:
- Back of your neck
Factors that trigger this headache type are a muscle strain, stress or anxiety.
A migraine, on the other hand, is also a type of a headache which results in an acute throbbing sensation in one part of your head. Usually, migraine headaches are highly painful. Migraine pain makes it difficult for a person to carry out his/her daily tasks. Symptoms or signs associated with migraine attacks are:
- Sensitivity to sound or light
- Pain in the temples
- Temporary loss of vision
- Pain behind your ear or eye
What are the common causes of a migraine?
- Hormonal imbalances in women - fluctuations in oestrogen, especially during menopause or pregnancy seem to trigger a migraine
- Drinks like wine and extremely caffeinated beverages
- Foods such as salty foods, aged cheese as well as processed foods can trigger the migraine attack.
- Medications - vasodilators such as nitroglycerine and oral contraceptives can intensify migraine pain.
How to treat a headache?
Fortunately, you can get rid of stress-induced headaches through over-the-counter treatments, which include:
How to treat a migraine?
If you experience migraine attacks less frequently, these medicines may give you quick relief:
- Triptans, such as rizatriptan (Maxalt) or almotriptan (Axert)
- Antinausea medicines, such as chlorpromazine (Thorazine), promethazine (Phenergan) or prochlorperazine (Compazine)
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), such as acetaminophen, naproxen sodium, aspirin or ibuprofen
Some preventive tips:
- Make changes in your diet such as avoid such foods, including caffeine and alcohol which are believed to trigger headaches.
- You can also try muscle relaxation exercises, yoga or meditation to ease the migraine attack. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a pain management specialist.