Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Physicians online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Smruti S HoraYour feedback matters!
Sir, I am going to be marry with lover she is suffering from stomach pain and weakness as well pain below novel and legs while period time since she was matured .what I do for her.
I am 20 years old. Recently my uncle because ofstroke. What's the difference between heart stroke and heart attack? Which is more dangerous?
I am suffering from sleeping disorders since 4 years, when I was unmarried but when I married in 2015 I was relaxed but now since 4 months I am far away from my wife sleeping disorders will continue suffering me, what can I do. I am not taking any drugs, alcohol, medicine and cigarette. Pls suggest me. Thanks.
I have got typhoid but I got treated now I am weak and at night a lot of water is removing from all body. How to get rid of this.
Hello sir am abhi pabdey please tell me about chickenpox and medicine required for that? If yes than please consult me.
What should ve my body mass index weight according to my statistics. I ask this because of my problem of polycystic ovary diagnosed first when I was in class 9 first in 2009.
I am 20 year old female. I got thyroid 4 months ago, it declared as hypothyroid. i am using medicine but from 2 days i am getting pain in neck when I touch my neck its paining. why it is.
Hi i am 52 years male patient of myasthenia gravis responding well to steroids and neuro medicine. Now suffering from recurrent diarrhea. Pus, rbc in stool, acidic reaction in stool, crp count more then 10. What might be the cause.
I am having vomiting and with it little blood slso comes in what can it be about? Is it dangerous something? As I had eaten expired medicine also.
Diabetes is a systemic disease that affects almost every part of your body. Of these, the digestive system is the most badly affected. While gastrointestinal disorders are commonly experienced by everyone, diabetics have a much higher risk of suffering from indigestion, food poisoning, gallstones and ulcers. Some of the most common gastrointestinal problems experienced by diabetics are:
- Gastroparesis: High blood sugar levels can damage the vagus nerve that controls the emptying of the stomach. As a result fo this damage, the muscles of the stomach and intestines do not work optimally leading to a condition known as Gastroparesis. This is a condition where the stomach is not able to empty itself properly and the digestion process is slowed down. Gastroparesis can cause bloating, nausea, pain in the abdomen, heart burn and a loss of appetite. It can also cause undigested food in the stomach to harden and form lumps that block food from moving into the intestines. This disease cannot be cured but can be managed with medication and a special diet.
- Ulcers: Stomach ulcers can be described as open sores that develop on the inner lining of the stomach, oesophagus and beginning of the small intestine. These ulcers form as a result of bacterial infections. Diabetes weakens a person’s immune system thus reducing their ability to fight these infections and increasing the risk of developing ulcers. Diabetes also increases the risk of bleeding from these ulcers and secondary infections that may arise from it.
- Yeast infections: Diabetics are extremely vulnerable to yeast infections. This is aggravated by fluctuation in blood sugar levels and can extend from the mouth to the oesophagus. Common symptoms of this type of yeast infection are pain in the throat and difficulty swallowing. It may also cause heartburn and intestinal bleeding if left untreated.
- Celiac sprue: This condition creates gluten allergies and causes the inflammation and thinning of the small intestine’s mucosa. In some cases, this condition may interfere with the absorption of food and lead to diarrhoea and weight loss.
- Diabetic diarrhoea: Patients who have been suffering from diabetes for a few years may experience an increased urge to pass stools frequently. This is usually related to gastric problems in the colon which cause fluids to move at a faster than normal speed through the small bowel and colon. It may also be caused due to the secretion of fluids in the colon and improper absorption of food. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.