Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Smruti Rajput
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. Smruti RajputYour feedback matters!
Only one sister not supporting me im going through depression and she is always shouting hard to find any positivity Do help with respect.
How to increase our grasping power of our brain which we help in our study as well as can keep us happy in our life and keep a big smile on our face and never be give us false thinking?
Parents get very concerned when they are just not able to hold their child’s attention who is restless, hyperactive, anxious, highly energetic, and never attentive. For some, this could initially be an exciting phase but can be an indication of some serious underlying disorder too.
Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder or hyperactive disorder or ADHD as it is commonly known is a group of symptoms including behavioural, mood, cognitive, and learning disabilities with a lot of aggression, irritability, excitability, forgetfulness, restlessness, reduced attention span, etc. in these children. Listed below are the common symptoms, which are almost diagnostic of ADHD are:
The impact is felt across all spheres of life including home, academics, school life, and in relationships with friends.
- Usually seen in children before the age of 7.
- With very short attention spans, the child constantly looks for something to do and be engaged.
- Very easy to get distracted even when engaged, the child is very restless.
- Sleep disorders.
- With constantly being on the toes, the child feels tired and lethargic.
- Difficulty prioritising and frequent procrastination.
- They forget things quite easily and would ask for help with coordinating movements.
- Rare, but some children can have learning disabilities like dyslexia, but their intelligence levels are not affected.
- Disorganisation, leading to poor motor coordination and impaired movements.
- Difficulties with fine motor and cognitive skills may cause delay in engagement in sports.
- Diet changes with rise in processed foods and sugary diet.
- Social changes like nuclear families, single parents, lack of siblings, etc.
- Increased time spent with electronic devices.
Homoeopathy has an effective cure for ADHD as it looks at the child holistically and proposes remedies. Homeopathic constitutional treatment provides an effective solution for adhd. Some common remedies are listed below. A word of caution though never self-medicate using these. ADHD is a complex condition and should be assessed completely before initiating treatment.
- Tarentula Hispana: Most commonly used in treating idiosyncrasies. The child is hyperactive, compulsive, restless, constantly moving, and has difficult being in one place, can be violent and destructive. Strange, but they have a strong liking to music.
- Stramonium: When the child is fearful or aggressive or withdrawn (usually due to a traumatic event), they tend to seek attention and this is then used.
- Hyoscyamus Niger: Used in children who present with manic or sexualised symptoms.
Homeopathy is used in ADHD where symptoms are across the spectrum - hyperactive to complete withdrawal, completely based on symptoms and psychotherapy plays an important role in treatment through behaviour modification techniques like CBT.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I always think about the things which are not belong to reality for ex I think that I am unable to see by my eyes from the next day or thought came to my mind that I am unable to read textbook but in reality I am reading and understanding properly so what should I deal with such situations.
I am a student so please tell me that how can I keep my brain healthy and active? Is there any medicine?
I want to marry my girlfriend I love her lot she also wanted to marry me BT her father hardly gives two years to complete her studies, she did not go against her parents, after that she is going to marry with her father's match BT I want 5years to settle in my life and married her I can't understand what should I do sir?
I'm 22 year old boy. I have some psychological problems. My mind is always speaking. I am also speaking with my mind. And my mind is very strict with cleaning, my mind is always thinking that every where filth will be there and, iam repeatedly washing my hands, my mind is always working, always thinking about cleaning only, I can't even sleep, I have this problem from past three years, please suggest me any treatment or counseling for escape from this problem.
Have your physician check your vitamin D level and supplement at least 2000IU of D3 or 15-20 minutes of sunlight daily. Optimal serum levels of 25(OH) Vitamin D should be 50-80 ng/ml.
Supplement omega-3 fatty acids with fish oil or eat wild salmon at least twice weekly. The brain is made up of fats and health ratios of omega 3: omega 6 fatty acids are absolutely essential to happy mood and healthy brain function.
Chronic inflammation from food sensitivities may play a role in causing symptoms of depression and anxiety. Keeping inflammation at bay is critical if you want great sleep and a happy mood! Gluten and other common foods may be causing hidden inflammation. I suggest trying the elimination of gluten, dairy and sugar for a minimum of 30 days to see if this plays a role in your mood.
Unbalanced gut microbes can contribute to depression, too.
Aid your body's natural production of serotonin. A few essential ingredients for production of this "happy neurotransmitter" are 5HTP 100-150mg, vitamin B6 10-25mg, and Magnesium Citramate 250-500mg at bedtime.
Methyl-folate and B12:
Support methylation. Some patients respond well to sublingual methylcobalamin 2500-5000mcg and oral methyl-folate 1-5mg daily. Be sure to avoid processed cereals and breads which contain synthetic folic acid and may make mood worse.