Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. Smruti RajputYour feedback matters!
Mujhe bhi aisa lagta he ki mai depression me hu to ab muje iske liye kya karna padega ya kuch medicine ki jarurat he kya.
I don't why suppose if I run for 5 mins after few minutes I feel like did I run now? Again when I was riding bike some tm I am thinking some were else I am diverted every time.
My bro got epilepsy attack in morning n again now inspite of regular medication with zefretol, lamitor DT, and levipil. He has fever also. What to do now? No doctors are available today.
My wife (Age - 36) is very aggressive and starts shouting for even trivial and non-issues. This has started impacting our kids who are very young and even neighbours. She has mood swings and is very negative for no reasons. She is not ready to go to doctor and on discussion with counsellers they have recommended she needs treatment.
Hi Doctor I feel my mental stage is not healthy. I forgot things very quickly. I even can't recall what I have done on the weekdays of current week. Even don't remember what I had eaten in my breakfast. I am unable to remember and focus on upcoming pre-scheduled major activities as well. What this kind of problem is called in medical terminology? Is there a medical treatment available for such kind of problems? What specificity should I consult with. Psychologist or Psychiatrist or somebody else?
Sir, I have been suffering a stress on my head all the time. So I can't concentrate on my studies. I am a chain smoker from six years. Is it due to of my smoking? please help me. Thank you.
Here are reasons, effects, screening and diagnosis of down's syndrome in children
Now a days I get vey much angry on very small things like if I loose in mobile game, if I am unable to start bike in two or three attempts, etc. I get very much hyper. Kindly advise if this is any disease and what is the suggested medication for this.
3 Things You Did Not Know You Should See a Psychologist For
Most people consider seeing a psychologist an act of weakness or embarrassment. Therefore, they never think that their prolonged periods of stress, anxiety, grief and conflict could be a sign that they need professional help. They fail to understand that psychotherapy is nothing but a strategy to relieve stress and make life easier to live and that often, it does not require you to get stuck amidst expensive treatments or prolonged medication and consultation sessions.
Here are 3 times when you did not know but you needed to see a psychologist.
1. You feel intense emotions way too much
It is common for everybody to feel angry or sad at times in their life but if you feel these emotions too intensely, frequently and for prolonged durations, it may be the right time for you to see a psychologist. If your emotions overpower you to such an extent that your ability to function is impaired, it is a sure shot sign that you need professional attention. Also, if your anxiety levels are so high that you immediately imagine the worst case scenarios associated with any challenging situation that comes your way, you should not delay your visit to the psychologist because it may lead to panic attacks and paralysis.
2. You cannot stop thinking about the trauma that you had faced sometime in your life
If you are too grieved with the pain of death, loss of job, fear of accident etc. that you once faced in your life and there is no way how you think that you can get over it, you should seek immediate help from a psychologist. You may think that these feelings are natural and that you cannot do anything about them but in reality, it is not so. In fact, if left untreated, these conditions can lead you to a lifestyle where daily functioning is impaired. So if your trauma is too hard for you to handle, consider visiting a psychotherapist to prevent further damage.
3. You fall ill too quickly and headaches are a persistent problem
Being emotionally upset can affect your body in more ways than you think. So every time when you fall ill, the cause may not always be a physical medical condition. Stress and anxiety can lead to chronic illnesses like frequent stomach ache, reduced sexual drive, frequent cold, severe neck pain etc. So if you fall ill too quickly and the reasons for your illness are far beyond the comprehension of the general practitioner, it is high time that you consider visiting a psychologist.
Sir/mam I am studying mbbs 5 th sem and about to complete in nxt month. I hv a problem of of tension I feel tensed for even a minute reason. I study hard and harder people appreciate my hard work but when it comes tio exams I will not able to memorize things which learn clearly ,feel tensed my heart starts throbbing, sweating ,shivering. I was one among top 10 rankers in my school and college I never had such prob during my schooling days but started in college days. I could not even bag a good rank inspite of good performance in college exams. After all I decided to meet psychiatry in my college they asked me thyroid profile wch was absolutely normal. One of pg suggested to use toficalm 50 mg twice daily can I use it .suggest some drug wch can abolish my tension stress without affecting CNS or wch I can use even during exams. One thing I forgot to tell I drink too much of tra during exams to stay awake and won't sleep. Please help me out.
Hii I have a heart attack phobia problem I can not go out alone I feel this problem spicy when I was alone nd in traffic please give me some solution to come out from this problem.
My brother he is 28, mentally ill, we took him to a clinic in ranchi and got treatment for a month but no sign of improvment, he blame us why we took him to mental hospital and let him get shock treatment. He keep on talking, murmuring words, cant sleep until 2am, pls advise. Thanks.
Can beer be a healthy drink? Despite the common myths surrounding alcohol consumption and the adverse effects that it has on a person in the long run, a controlled and well-balanced intake of beer is not as bad as it would seem.
Here are a few reasons proving that beer can be healthy for you if taken in the right amount and quantity.
- In comparison to other alcoholic beverages, beer is relatively healthier for your kidneys. As a matter of fact, studies show that a bottle of beer can actually reduce the risk of acquiring kidney stones by up to 40%.
- Fiber, as we all know, plays a vital role in digestion. The presence of up to one gram of soluble fiber in just a 30 ml glass of beer (dark beer, in particular) makes the beverage very beneficial for digestion.
- Fiber present in beer can also help reduce the level of LDL cholesterol (a harmful proponent of cholesterol).
- It has been proved that beer is a rich source of various B vitamins like vitamin B1, vitamin B2, vitamin B6 and vitamin B12.
- The presence of both nicotinic acid and Lactoflavin in beer makes it an effective cure for insomnia.
- Beer is also helpful in the prevention of blood clots.
- The presence of high levels of silicon in beer is responsible for bestowing a stronger bone density.
- Studies have concluded that beer can also reduce the risk of suffering a heart attack.
- Unlike their non-drinking counterparts, beer drinkers are less vulnerable of experiencing dementia or Alzheimer's disease.
- Because of the presence of certain vitamins, beer has a ton healthy nourishing benefits for the skin.
- Beer is also useful in fighting against stress.
What are the recommended safe limits of Beer?
- Men should drink no more than 14 units of Beer per week, these units should be spread out through the week and they should have at least two alcohol-free days a week.
- Women should drink no more than 14 units of Beer per week, these units should be spread out through the week and they should have at least two alcohol-free days a week.
- Pregnant women or women trying to conceive should not drink alcohol at all. If they do choose to drink, to minimise the risk to the baby, they should not drink more than 1-2 units of beer once or twice a week and should not get drunk.
- Despite the above people with increased Triglyceride, Uric Acid should be restricted for consumption of alcohol. People with fatty liver patient with other medication for hypertension, etc. also should refrain from drinking.
People with diabetes who drink should follow these alcohol consumption guidelines:
- Do not drink more than two drinks of alcohol in a one-day period if you are a man, or one drink if you are a woman.
- Drink beer only with food.
- Drink slowly.
- Avoid "sugary" mixed drinks, sweet wines, or cordials. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.