Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dentists online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Smita T DesaiYour feedback matters!
Any age group people can use snowdent paste for white teeth? and snowdent is harmful to teeth for not?
How much it COSTS for filling the small gaps between teeth? I have cap for one teeth on left side due to the shaping of teeth on right side im eating on left side coz im nt fixed with temporary cap. The problem is when im eating it sticks in the gap between the teeth which already have cap and the other and im feeling little bit pain of teeth which having cap. Whats the REASON for the PAIN of teeth having cap? And if cap is fixed is there any chance to occurrence of gap between the teeth?
By bike accident my large central incisors are broken with one canine of my left side. But I'm this time 17 years old it means I am too little. Doctors told me that they will inset or implant bridge of 7 teeth's .Is that better for me? Or what I have to do?
Sir my age is 20. Aur Mere ek teeth ke kuch parts apne ap hi toot gaye or usme halka sa gadda ho gaya. Muje kya karma chahiye?
I have a problem of" Gums bleeding" please tell me what to do to resolve this problem. Suggest me some medicines and toothpaste to stop gums bleeding.
Hello Sir, Sir I have two Canine tooth (one over one),Sir is it any disorder or not? I want to remove this, is my decision right or wrong please suggest me what I do with it?
In my tooth decay is start. One tooth get properly decay when I go to dentists. And he recommended to RCT. But after rct I got pain what I do yet.
Hello my self Kuldeep Sharma from New Delhi, I have cavity in my teeth, and yellowish to. Please suggest.
My teeth's are not in proper line. I need to fix it by straighting with the help of clips. How much it will cost and how long it would take?
My grandson is suffering swelling on lower jaw chin for the past 10 days. Initially it was informed as infection and was given medicines. Slowly the swelling got reduced but not significantly. The boy suffered a lot initially and was not able to take food but now slowly taking. Could you advice on this.
I am 21 age men. Whenever I speak my neighbor saying something bad smell is coming from your mouth. How to stop that bad smell from mouth.
My one side of face /jaw is more muscular than other. This has caused face unsymmetrical. please help. I dint had it before. please help its annoying. Can face exercises help?
I got an unusual tooth decays from last 2 years I tried all type of toothpaste and gargle but nothing worked. I request yourself to suggest cause and remedy.
Hi my son 7rs old, he list his front 2 teeth but since 1 month new teeth not came so any particular reason for this or it normally take time to come, kindly suggest.
I need to extract my 3 teeth severe headache, toothaches, pain in the neck face swollen. Do I need to stop my Aspirin pre&post extraction. Thank you.
He has non healing ulcer right side oral cavity lateral to tongue. Microscopic examination in lab reads as" The smear shows sheet of superficial and intermediate squamous epithelial cells, scattered neutrophil and few small compact clusters of round cells with nuclear atypia. Before lab exam he was prescribed antibiotic Advent and oral gel kenacort 0.1% and candid mouth paint. Please advise.
My mother is 46 years old and she is suffering from too much tooth pain. She is facing the problem of sensitivity .it's like diet me jhanjhanahat and face pain during eating too. please help.
Cosmetic dentistry primarily involves improving a person's smile and facial appearance. It could involve the teeth, gums, cheeks, lips, or the bite of the patient. Accordingly, a change can be produced in the color, position, size or shape of the teeth, alignment of the teeth, contouring of the smile, etc. The end result is always a better facial appearance and improved confidence level of the patient.
Some common examples of cosmetic dentistry include:
- Teeth whitening: There are very few people who are happy with the color of their teeth. Everybody wants whiter teeth and therefore go for options like bleaching. This can be done either in the dental office or done at home. A word of caution though - go for teeth whitening only after the consultation with a dentist.
- Veneers, crowns: Just as the color of the teeth, the shape of the teeth also leaves a lot to be desired for almost everybody. Veneers are applied on the teeth after removing a thin layer of tooth structure. Minor reshaping and contouring of the tooth can also be done, especially to improve appearance in the front teeth.
- Tooth contouring/shaping: The edges of the teeth can be smoothened by mere shaping or contouring. There is no extra material that is added to the tooth here. In some cases, a thin layer of resin may be bonded to the tooth if required.
- Bridges: In cases the adjacent teeth shape, size, or color mismatch, then bridges can be done to even out the difference and produce a more corrected appearance.
- Braces: Braces are a big hit as they help correct misaligned teeth. However, the next step with invisible braces and ceramic braces is another step towards moving away from the traditional metal braces, which itself was not cosmetically received.
- Onlays and Inlays: Improper tooth shapes can be corrected with parts of the teeth that either replace only a small decayed portion or the entire crown portion to produce a more pleasing effect.
- Implants: Though fixed bridges do a very good job at replacing lost teeth, implants go to the next level in terms of the aesthetic replacement.
- Gingivoplasty: In cases where the gums have black spots, are too short, or are too long, the gums can be shaped to provide a better teeth visibility. The gums can also be sculpted to produce a more appealing gum line that shows off the teeth to give a more harmonious smile.
- Bite correction: In addition to braces, in some cases, bite correction may be required to smoothen out a sharp cusp or reduce the prominence of the canine.
With a number of corrections possible, cosmetic dentistry is here to stay - just as the drive to look good.