Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Smita MukherjeeYour feedback matters!
I am a teenager. I'd been feeling back pain while resting on bed everyday. It started a long time ago. I don't know how it started. I used to use computer for about 14 hrs a day. Please tell.
Hi Dr , I am Raja from hyderabad. Since few days I'm suffering from eye problem. Eye water is flowing very freq. Could you please let me know the remedy. I bel its infection n congectivities. I was suffering from tooth enamel issue last month with which there was a pain in my eye n consulted opthamolagist n was using eye cool drops. And also consulted dental doc n used enamel related medicine this prob Got rectified. But now I'm suffering wit water in my eye very freq. Please suggest me any medicine r drops to get rid of this watery eyes. Thanks.
Halo Dr. I am tamil singha. 27 years old. My eye power is -3.25 and -2.75. Is it possible to reduce this power through Homeopathic medicine or Acupressure techniques? Please suggest me. I get failure in other way only lasik surgery is left for me.
Both my eyes waters a lot since a long time. Is this any type of indication? How should I take any preventive steps to avoid this.
In past 2 days I hav severe eye pain and I wear spec instead of that I can not tolerate my pain what should I do?
I am 23 years old. My eye power is low. What type of food I have to eat for increasing my eye power?
I am using smartphone many times in a days and long time so my eyes are red and I think that I have loosing eye power how can I determine that I am loosing my eye power and is using smartphone for long time is bad for my eyes?
I have squint eye problem bt it's nt from birth. Year to year it's becoming severe, can I get solution for tis.
I have watery discharge from my left eye for last six months. I am using Android LP eye drops and Refresh eye drops for last 1.5 months without much improvement. I have got my fundus examined: it is safe. I am diabetic with Hb1Ac 6.5.Kindly advise.
Dry eyes are a common phenomenon that develops when the tears do not provide sufficient moisture to your eyes. This may also be the result of inadequate production of tears by the tear ducts. This condition cannot be cured permanently; however, treatments usually help.
Signs and symptoms of dry eyes:
1. A scratchy, burning and a stinging sensation in the eyes
2. Mucous surrounding the eyes
3. Sensitivity to light
4. Redness of the eyes
5. A feeling that something is stuck in the eyes
6. Problems in wearing contact lenses
7. Vision problems, especially while driving at night
8. Watery eyes caused due to the irritation that stems from dry eyes
9. Blurred vision
What are the causes?
1. Tears are a mix of fatty oils, water and mucus. This combination safeguards your eyes from any sort of infection in addition to keeping your ocular surface (the cornea surface) clear and smooth. Your eyes dry up if the tear ducts do not produce enough tears; medically, this condition is termed ‘keratoconjunctivitis sicca’. It can occur due to:
- Certain medical complications such as Sjogren’s Syndrome (a medical condition marked by dry eyes and a dry mouth) arthritis, diabetes, thyroid disorders and deficiency of Vitamin A among a few others
- Side effects of certain medications such as anti-depressants, acne medications, birth control medications and medicines to control high blood pressure
- Laser eye surgery or damage caused to the tear gland due to exposure to radiation or inflammation
2. Increased drying up or evaporation of the tears caused due to exposure to various kinds of smoke, dry air or wind, less of blinking while focusing on any particular activity or an object and eye lid problems such as in-turning of the eyelids (entropion) and out-turning of the eyelids (ectropion) can contribute to this irritating condition.
3. Imbalance in any of the layers constituting a tear film (made of oil, mucus and water) might lead to this condition.