Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Psychologists in India. You will find Psychologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Submit a review for Dr. Smita AbhyankarYour feedback matters!
I am 32 years old. I know all the benefits of waking up early. But I am so lazy that I don't take any efforts to wake up early. Even I feel if someone can give me glass of water when I am thirsty. I am very less productive. I find someone to do the task on my behalf. I have lots of books purchased but did not finish any. I take lot of resolution but one disturbance makes it down. Am I suffering from any psychological disorder? How do I improve myself? How do I improve my will power to achieve my goals.
I'm 15. I'm going to appear the SSC exam in March but experience stress very much also tell me how should I increase my learning capability n grasping power to secure good marks Plzz guide me as I get hour by hour tensed about it.
Hello doctor, mnne love marriage ki thii one and half year hogaya I have one baby he is for four months. But abhi kchh b thkk ni h life m my husband is not supportive he always use to scold me With out any reason. Kbhi mjhse thkk se baat nhi karta and from last 4 months m apne mom dad k yaha hu n bcz mnne lv marriage ki thi mjh yaa prr meri mom b bht kchh bolti h so I am so so depressed suicidal thoughts aate h mind m and I always use to cry for no reason bht loneliness feel hotii h wat shud I do now as my husband also didn't respond nicely.
Hi, I am 30 year old man, and I am suffering from short breathnea since 2 years. Sometimes it becomes alright and now days it has become all the time, as I feel sometimes depressed, I consulted psychiatrist and they gave me vitagold from ikon pharmachem but it was fine earlier but still I am facing the problem, earlier I was used to take escitalopram oxalate tablets. And I am confused that what to do. And confused that its a heart problem or psychological problem. Kindly suggest me.
Really confused about my unwanted thoughts versus academics. Could you provide a psychologist's contact number to get an advice.
I have a lot of holes in my face so what should I do. Pls suggest me any cream which I should use or face wash. I have smoking and drinking habits I'm not taking any medications..
Although a natural emotion, anger needs to be managed at all times so that it doesn’t get out of control and cause problems in your life. Whether at home, work or in your relationships, uncontrolled anger can affect your general life quality. However, controlling your anger comes with the benefit of improving your overall health, while reducing stress levels.
Here are some of the ways that you could learn to gain control on your temper:
1. Practice deep breathing
Instead of allowing your anger to get out of control, every time you start feeling angry, get down to practicing some simple breathing techniques to calm your tense body and mind. Here’s what you should do when enraged:
- Take slow, but deep breaths to counteract the stress reaction that usually accompanies anger
- Slowly repeat a calming word or phrase, which could be “relax”, “take it easy” or “I am in control of my anger”
- Work on your muscles by tightening and then relaxing them
2. Count from 1 to 100 or 100 to 1
Counting numbers can prevent you from flying off the handle. It takes your mind away from the cause of your anger and prevents you from mulling over the situation. The act of counting also provides you with the time to delay the impulsive behaviour that often follows the emotion. You can even make this more effective by breathing in slowly and deeply whenever you start on a
3. Focus on the present
Whenever you’re angry, don’t look back at the past. By doing so, you may end up bringing past grievances into your present situation, while holding others responsible for feeling how and what you feel. Instead focus your attention on what you can do in the present to work out the issue.
4. Relax tight muscles
Another tip that can help you to cool down fast is a gentle massage of the areas of tension, which are usually the shoulders, neck and scalp. For the shoulders, simply rotate them to relax tight muscles. To release the tension that gets built up in your neck and head region, perform a simple scalp massage to improve blood circulation and consequently, relax your mind.
5. Listen to music
Listening to music can soothe frayed nerves and calm you down. It works by helping you to sieve through the feelings of anger and disappointment in a constructive manner.
6. Change of situation
Taking yourself away from the source of anger, whether it’s the place or the person concerned, is an anger management skill that you can use to calm yourself. To do this, you can either close your eyes and transport yourself to a quiet and peaceful place or simply walk away to let your anger fizzle out.
Sometimes I really feel down and cant get the motivations n to get up and do something. Then when I'm pushed, I react violently and aggressively. But other times, when I'm not under pressure, life is smooth! What should I do with these episodes?
I am 30 of a male suffering from generalized anxiety disorder facing symptoms like severe numbness in head, world seems dreamy dreamy, fear in public, foggy and distorted vision always thinking how I ll cum out of this. Please help since 2 years I am having this eating vegetables and fruits but still its not curable. Rply and tell me whether slowly slowly this scary symptoms will vanish or not. Lightheaded is one more thing which is unbearable for me. One of psychologist told eat healthy n sleep healthy is the only way to cure it. Brain fog and distorted vision are the worst problem I am facing. Will it disappear slowly slowly.
My exams are going. My memory is not so good. What do I do for making my brain sharp. How to concentrate?
I have a back and neck pain.Iam a sugar patient.My age is 40 and I used to play shuttle game regularly.Iam a smoker also.Kindly give ur suggestion ?
I want to leave the bad habit of tobacco. I have tried many ideas but I cant. Please help me doctor. Please please.
Hi doctors, My wife was pregnant with 2 and half month, but there is no growth inside of child. There is no positive result in ultra sound. Gynacolist saying I have to go with abortion. So just want to know is there any medicine of abortion or we go with operation. Pls suggest ASAP. Thanks.
Hi sir, me sanjay last 7 year me in depression due to all the persons using me and my money and they ditch me now me in relationship with a male and I am too much thinking about him but I am afraiding that he will leave me I wanna a consultant or a any Dr. Can you suggest me I wanna say everything about my life and I want a solution and it should be permanent.
Pathological gambling is a situation in which a person is unable to resist the impulse to gamble and this leads to harmful consequences on the personal and social front of an individual. Pathological gambling is repetitive in nature, and a person cannot stop gambling by any means. The person would try to get money anyhow to gamble and he would feel uncomfortable or irritated at the idea of quitting gambling.
In order to control pathological gambling, it is advised that a person should quit gambling totally. Here are some measures which you can follow to control pathological gambling.
- Rehabilitation Programs: Both inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation programs can curb pathological gambling in a person. The program of a treatment center, if followed by heart, can cure the gambling problem. Moreover, by staying at a rehab for a period of time, a person will also stay away from gambling and will not get a chance to do so. Outpatient rehabilitation programs like group sessions and classes or one-on-one therapy sessions can also prevent gambling addicts from gambling without staying away from home.
- Twelve-step Program: The twelve step program by Gamblers Anonymous or GA may help a person overcome pathological gambling. For people who cannot afford long term rehabilitation programs, the twelve steps are ideal. Based on the same principles of the Alcoholics Anonymous, this program helps you to build a support group comprising of other recovering or recovered gambling addicts. Meetings are held every day, and you must attend these meetings to get help and encouragement.
- Cognitive behavioral therapy: Other than group therapies and support groups, psychotherapy also helps in dealing with pathological gambling problems. A one-on-one session with a therapist is very essential as gambling addiction arises from deep emotional issues. Clearing these issues would benefit the affected person. Treating the underlying issues may stop pathological gambling. Opening up to a therapist may be effective.
- Medication: In certain cases, medication is required to help get over pathological gambling. Gambling addiction may result on account of other underlying mental health conditions such as bipolar disorder. Treating the underlying causes with proper medication will cure the pathological gambling problem. Your impulse must be taken under control.
- Changes in lifestyle: Pathological gambling causes extreme loss of a person’s financial condition. A recovering pathological gambler must hand over all his financial responsibilities to a trusted family member or friend. Places such as casinos or gambling events should be avoided to restrict relapse.
Pathological gambling is a severe situation, which can cause great loss and harm to a person from many perspectives. One must take all necessary measures required to bring pathological gambling under control.