Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Psychologists in India. You will find Psychologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Submit a review for Dr. Smita AbhyankarYour feedback matters!
I didn't remembering what I have studied before I have full of stress bt yoga & taking long breath isn't working (i study @ late night only soo my eye is paining) How to keep my self calm.
I'm a singer. But in the summer got d habit of drinking lots of cold water makes ma voice harsh and can't sing like before. Throat get irritate or burn. When I take high notes or low pitch. Plzz suggest me to improve ma voice quality. AM so tensed.
A friend (in her early 30's)is going through a post trauma of her divorce. She has lost her interest in life. How to council her, please suggest?
I lost some body last year and now I an in mental pressure please help me and suggest me some medicine for this.
I am a regular smoker for almost 5 years by now and doesn't believe that it would cause me harm. But lately I began to experience coughing and sore throats. Can you please help me out? And prescribe me some meds as well. Thankyou.
I am 29 years old get married in November 2015 and I am not happy at all however I am working although feeling like everything has changed and not able to accept it.
Sir mujhe urine baar baar aata hai, par frequently nahi aata hai, jyada paani pee leta hu to to har half hour mai urine aata hai maine saare test karaye the lekin result kuch nahu expert doctor ne kaha ye tumari pshychology ban gayi hai mai issse 7 years se paresaan hu please sir give me advice in right direction.
My wife often reacts very badly to things/ events, which we feel are normal (common) and need not reaction. She starts looking petty matters in big scale. She also feels that she is not good at anything and she can not do good. I tried to convince her to consult a psychiatrist but she denies to go to psychiatrist. She says that she can not share her problems with any third person. When I spoke to one psychiatrist, he said untill he meet the paitent and talk, he can not say anything. In such situation, what should I do?
I am divorced and due to that I'm unable to control my sexual desire. Hence to control my sexual frustration or desire I masturbate 5 days a week. I tried everything like yoga, meditation but unable to control it. Also it helps me to relive my stress level. Please help I don't know what to do.
Depression can be referred to as a psychiatric dysfunction which is generally associated with a recurrent feeling of sadness, loneliness, disinterest in daily affairs and low self-confidence. Due to the stresses of the modern lifestyle and constant anxiety the occurrence of depression is on the rise and it is affecting more people around the world.
Love disappointment, loss in business, disharmony in the family, performance pressure, death of a loved one, some unfortunate events in life, Domination, Abuse sexual and physical are one of the main reasons of depression. Homeopathy lauds the benefit that it does not induce drug dependency and no side effects.
Depression can spring up because of hereditary factors, excessive substance abuse, hormonal imbalances, sudden shock or trauma and also anxiety. Depression tends to be chronic and can come back in timely intervals to hamper your life.
The symptoms of depression include loss of appetite, a recurrent feeling of exhaustion, tendencies of isolating oneself continuously, significant trouble while sleeping, abrupt mood swings, lack of concentration in daily affairs and recurrent feeling of melancholy.
Homeopathic Treatment for Depression
Homeopathy is one of the most popular holistic systems of medicine. The selection of remedy is based upon the theory of individualization and symptoms similarity by using holistic approach. This is the only way through which a state of complete health can be regained by removing all the sign and symptoms from which the patient is suffering. The aim of homeopathy is not only to treat depression but to address its underlying cause and individual susceptibility. As far as therapeutic medication is concerned, several medicines are available for depression treatment that can be selected on the basis of cause, condition, sensation and modalities of the complaints. For individualized remedy selection and treatment, the patient should consult a qualified homeopathic doctor in person. Some important remedies are given below for depression treatment:
- Sepia – This medication is useful for people who face recurrent episodes of sudden mood swings and feelings of isolation. If someone gets depressed with the slightest of the matters, Sepia can also be helpful.
- Aurum Metallicum – If someone undergoes the symptoms of recurrent suicidal tendencies, hopelessness and a lowered self-confidence, this preparation can be recommended.
- Cimicifuga – Cimicifuga can be really useful if you undergo the symptoms of severe headache and neck pains during depression along with intense episodes of desolation.
- Causticum – If someone suffers from the symptoms of memory loss, frequent weeping and the depression had occurred due to the loss of someone close, Causticum can be recommended.
- Phosphoric acid – If you suffer from the symptoms of appetite loss and social awkwardness, a prescribed dosage of phosphoric acid might help in the elimination of the symptoms.
- Kalium Phosphoricum – This is a very important medication as it is very effective at treating depression that occurs due to stress. People who are overworked or students who have over-studied and may have developed depression from of stress are greatly benefitted by this medication.
These are just a few of the commonly used Homeopathic remedies and are mentioned only to create awareness about the effectiveness of Homeopathic medicines for Depression. It is not advisable to resort to self-medication for any disease. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.
Is saul pereira psychotherapist and psychoanalist. Wheather he cures schizophenic without medication ?
Sure mam. But I would like to know what is happening with me and why. I have consulted an ayurvedic doctor and he said that its an early sign of dementia. So kindly give me a solution, what should I do?!
I miss unable to concentrate in my studies due to headache and my exams are soon, so what should I do? Please help me?
Parents are always concerned about their child's physical health, but often ignore their mental health. Along with physical well-being, your child's mental well-being is also equally important.
The following are eight tips to improve your child's mental well-being:
- Adequate sleep: Sufficient amount of sleep is required for a child to stay mentally fit. Parents often engage their children with various classes and activities and compromise on their sleeping hours. This in turn affects the child's mental state. Therefore, as a parent, you must take care not to compromise on your child's sleeping hours.
- Allowing them to play: Nowadays, children are overburdened with studies and other learning activities. They do not get to play quite often. But as a parent, you must take care of your child's schedule, so that he/she can have proper playtime too. Playing involves physical activity as well as creativity in certain cases. This helps to improve mental health.
- Learning to share and care: You must take care to inculcate in your child the values of sharing and caring. These little things can also help improve your child's mental health. Learning how to share with others and caring for others will help them to stay happy.
- Regular exercise: Encouraging your child to regularly exercise will not only help improve his/her physical health, but also mental health. It will also help them to reduce stress and maintain a good mood as well.
- Listen to them: Parents often ignore when children are speaking on less important matters; may be about a new friend or a strict teacher in school. But as a parent, you must take out some time from your daily schedule to listen out to their stories. Listening to them attentively will make them feel important, increase their confidence and hence, improve their mental well-being.
- Encourage them to make friends: Encouraging your child to make new friends will help them to socialize better. They will feel confident about themselves and also open up. This can boost up their mental well-being.
- Good nourishment: Proper nourishment is not only essential for being physically fit, but also mentally fit. Good nourishment will help them stay healthy physically and increase their energy levels. This in turn will positively affect their mental health.
- Make them feel safe: Children need to feel safe in order to stay mentally fit. Try and spend some time with them every day. As a parent, always make your children realize that you are right beside them. Listen to their problems and help them find solutions to solve those instead of scolding them. Help them to relax and feel secure to stay mentally fit.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a the doctor and ask a free question.