Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Psychologists in India. You will find Psychologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Dr. Smita AbhyankarYour feedback matters!
Hi! I am a 20 years old guy and I have a psychological problem. I just get scared or frightened so easily by anything. I get scared to talk to girls. I just overthink what she will say or what foolish I will say. I'm an anti social. I don't know why. At every point I get scared. When some one teases me I cannot reply back I get blank nothing else matters, then for several days it will be cracking my mind by thinking about it again and again. I don't get excited like others I don't know why. I always feel like sleepy less excited.
If you're suffering from weak memory or memory loss, Ayurveda might be able to solve your problems. Ayurveda uses natural remedies to cure many diseases, and even though forgetting where you put your glasses or cell phones may not sound discrete enough, it may be early signs of dementia. Before it escalates to that level, here are 5 foods that you may try to curb it as the first signs appear.
- Almonds are the most effective food items to increase your brain power and cure amnesia. They are a rich source of Omega-3 fatty acids and antioxidants that hike up your mental prowess. It is best to have them early in the morning, grinded and mixed with milk and sugar (or a healthier supplement being honey), or otherwise, after being soaked overnight in water.
- Ayurvedic herbs, like rosemary, brahmi, ashwagandha, shankhapushpi, licorice plant, etc., are all known to have medicinal properties that improve your brain power. Regulated incorporation of these herbs in your diet in requisite amount relaxes your mind, and thereby improves its functioning capacity.
- Indian Gooseberry or amla, is rich in Vitamin C, as well as antioxidants, which helps boost immunity, but other than that, amla is also known to have properties to strengthen your nervous system. It is one of the best remedies for managing Alzheimer's disease. It can be consumed raw or dried, and at times along with white sesame seeds.
- Fish oil is an excellent way to enhance your memory, especially if you are a non-vegetarian. It contains rich quantities of Omega-3 fatty acids, which help rejuvenate your brain cells. But if you are a vegetarian or vegan, fish oil or even fishes like salmon, might not be best suited to your dietary preference, in which case it may be more helpful to consume Omega-3 supplements which are readily available in the market, or even fenugreek seeds.
- Cinnamon helps in revitalizing your mental health, when consumed, or even when smelled. Add a pinch of cinnamon to your food, or mix a teaspoon with honey, and it will work wonders for your mental health.
Related Tip: "Mind-Body Dualism and Health"
Sometimes everything around you seems to be all blue. Depression can make you feel like you are drowning deep into sadness while everyone else is out on the surface, breathing the air of happiness. It becomes extremely difficult for you to get along with everything going on around you. Depression can wreck you and squeeze every ounce of happiness out of you. But it is extremely important for you to able to deal with it and start living a normal happy life again. It is extremely important for you to get a grip of your depression so that you can move on from it.
Here are a few tips on how you can handle it:
- Believe you are not lonely: It is very easy to think that you are all alone in the pit of depression when you are depressed. But you have to remember that you are not lonely. What usually happens is you isolate yourself thinking that it will be extremely stressful if you have to share your depression with anyone else. You have to get rid of the feeling that apart from you, everyone else is extremely happy; because that is incorrect. Every person has been depressed and disturbed at one point of time. They are happy now because they overcame their depression. That is what you have to learn from them and do. Acknowledge that they are concerned about you.
- Talk: This is very important if you want to let go of your depression. Talk it out with a therapist or a friend or anyone you are comfortable with. Know that they will hear whatever you have to say. All you have to do is speak. Talk about everything which is affecting you; talk about why you are depressed, about what you want to do. Talking will help you get some closure and insight.
- Cry: Cry it out. It is better out than it is inside. Find a private, convenient place and cry your heart out. It will make you feel lighter and will take a burden off your heart.
- Succumb to art: Whether that is painting, writing poetry, or playing music, any kind of art will help you bring your thoughts out. It is believed that depression and creativity usually go hand in hand. Utilize your condition to the fullest and you will be surprised to get a masterpiece out of it.
You have to remember that being depressed is just a phase. You will eventually be able get the upper hand on it and live a happy life.