Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Sl ShahYour feedback matters!
Today I consult a Dr. about my labour pain. My delivery date is 10 sep. She said. Contraction is started. In ultrasound amonitic fluid is 14.5. Bby weight is about 3 kg axp. She said you have to be admitted today. We increase the labour pain by injected injections. I refused it n said I wanna to be wait. Because I have normal pain now. uterus mouth is not open yet. So. Is it right that I take a injection to increase my labour pain now.
Vitamin C is a water soluble vitamin, which is essential for various functions and it is not produced or stored by the body, so it is important that the food contains adequate amount of it. It plays a vital role in heart, eyes, skin, and prenatal health and immunity. Long-term non-availability of vitamin C can lead to various symptoms, which though are not immediately threatening, can turn dangerous in the long run.
- Bruised skin: Easy bruising is one of the early symptoms of vitamin C deficiency. There could be capillaries which appear superficial and have an increased tendency to bruise and bleed. There could also be unexplained reddish purple marks on the skin in people who have low levels of vitamin C.
- Bleeding gums: Another major indicator of vitamin C deficiency is swollen gums that tend to bleed easily. This again is related to their role in collagen formation and if not identified and treated in the early phases, it can lead to severe gum inflammation, periodontal disease, and even loss of teeth.
- Slow wound healing: Vitamin C has an important role to play in connective tissue formation, and if there is less of vitamin C in the body, collagen formation is delayed. This can lead to prolonged and delayed healing of wounds, even simple ones like cuts and bruises. The added role of vitamin C as an immune booster also leads to reduced healing when there is vitamin C deficiency.
- Nosebleeds: Frequent unexplained nosebleeds is another sign of vitamin C deficiency. Reduced amounts of vitamin C make the capillaries fragile causing them to bleed easily.
- Dry skin: While weather does determine if the skin is dry or normal, vitamin C also does. The decreased levels of collagen can lead to an unhealthy skin which can turn red and can be dry and can also lead to keratosis pilaris, which is an accumulation of melanin pigments in the skin. Good amounts of vitamin D helps as a good anti-ageing agent and reduces wrinkles and retains moisture. It also has sun protective effects and antioxidant properties.
- Unexplained weight gain: Vitamin C plays a vital role in fat metabolism and therefore deficiency leads to weight accumulation, especially around the waist. It helps oxidise fat and so helps in weight regulation.
- Lowered immunity: Vitamin C deficiency affects the body’s susceptibility to infections, making it prone to more severe and frequent infections. People catching a common cold very frequently could be suffering from vitamin C deficiency.
- Emotional health: Vitamin C is also a mood regulator, so inadequate amount can lead to depression. Try eating a juicy orange and see yourself feeling better! If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
I have a high temper issue. I pick up fight for very small things .as I am pregnant will it effect the health of my baby or will it effect my baby mentally. Pls help.
I am suffering from post menopausal depression anxiety and insomnia. I am also loosing lot of frontal hair please advice.
I am 18 yr old girl i have dry breasts and skin gets peeled off near the areola region beasts are ichy and sometimes they pain i have applied lotion but its not healing
I am having irregular periods since long time ,and also having back pain alot. Is my bk pain a reason of irregularity of periods. How cn this be cured. My age is 27.
Mere period irregular h meri shadi ko 4 years complete ho gye docter ko dikhaya to period regular krne k liye 21 day ki goliya dete h jb tk khati hu period regular rehte h fir vahi condition ho jati h check up krvane PR doctor ne thyroxine 12.5 khane ko bola or pregnant hone k liye period k 10 se 20 din tk sex krne ko kaha lekin ye to inke liye hota h jinke period regular hote h or mere period kbhi 40 din ya 50 din tk ho jate h mai pregnant hone k liye kya kru.
My GF is 22 n I am 35. She is not getting her periods regularly and if she gets then very few drops. V do the pregnancy test every Month but it's negative. N she discharges lots of white fluid from her vagina everyday. Can you guide me please Is her vagina infected by oral sex?
Hello Sir, I have 2 Children. I got surgery for family planning 6years ago. Till now I am getting periods in regular intervals. I. E. 28 - 30 days. But now it is late by 11 days and till now I did not got menses. Could you please tell me the reasons for this delay and what should I do. Thanks and regards. Kumari N.
Hello Doctor, I am 12 weeks pregnant. My Dr. Suggested me to do nifty test. What is this suggest and its benefit.
I am suffering from hypothyroidism and my menstrual cycle is becoming weak every month it gets over in 2 days please help me.
My wife is pregnant 3 and half month. We having sex regularly. Today after intercourse she feel cold and there after stomach pain. Please advise us.
What is the best time to have sex without condom with my wife. So she doesn't conceives. Atleast during 1st day of menstruation if intercourse is done. A lady doesn't conceives. But apart from that time. Any other time we can have loving time?
Hello Respected Doctors. My wife age 29 years and I am 45 years old. I only want to know can I do foreplay during period.
8 ways 'all work and no play' messes up with your health!
Failure to strike a healthy work-life balance can see your health going on the downswing. Several studies have time and again highlighted the fact that working too much can be bad for you. The major factor that is at play when you work too much is stress, which negatively impacts both your mental and physical well-being. A joint study conducted by Stanford university and Harvard business school has revealed that workplace stress can ruin your physical health by as much as 90%.
Read on to find out the ill-effects of all work and no play.
1. Working overtime can increase your risk of developing cardiovascular problems by about 60%.
2. While working too much can see your risk of experiencing a heart attack rise by about 13%, over 55 hours of work time every week can increase your chances of getting a stroke by about 33%.
3. Consistently working overtime can lead you to face mental health problems.
4. Over-working can cause your learning ability and memory power to fail as you don't get the required amount of rest time.
5. Working for over 11 hours a day can increase your chances of suffering from depression.
6. Working for over 40 hours a week can increase your risk of gaining weight, and indulging in alcohol and tobacco abuse.
7. Working for over 50 hours a week can bring about a reduction in your sleep time to less than 6 hours a day, which can have an adverse impact on your work performance.
8. Working non-stop in front of the computer can cause you to become prone to headaches and blurred vision.
Here's how you can prevent the negative effects of working too much from impacting your health:
1. Take a short trip
Being physically away from your workplace and going on short vacations can help your health considerably as it reduces work-related stress to a great extent. It also helps in the rejuvenation of your mind and body, thereby improving your overall health.
2. Meditate for a calmer self
Meditation is another helpful way in which you can cut down the harm that too much work can have on your body. Spend a few moments each day to de-stress and calm your agitated mind.
3. Don't bring work home
Once you're at home, avoid the impulse of checking your phone or email for work. Furthermore, avoid bringing your smartphone with you to the dinner table and don't discuss work while eating.
4. Go for regular checkups
Visiting a doctor regularly is another preventive measure that you need to take very seriously. Screening tests for stroke, heart disease or high blood pressure should be undertaken from time to time so as to prevent yourself from falling prey to such problems.
Despite your heavy workload, you still need to take out time for yourself. It is imperative that you do so in order to create a better work-life balance and consequently, a healthier self.