Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sita GururajaYour feedback matters!
Hi doctor I want to confirm i'm taking now folic acid tablets 5mg without consult a doctor any harm will get? I'm trying to conceive for 2nd baby coper-t removed at 6months over please tell me any fast getting pregnant tips.
When the growth of the yeast living in the vagina increases on an abnormal basis, it may lead to a yeast infection. Yeast is a fungus and this infection is usually caused by a kind of yeast that is called Candida Albicans.
So read on to find out everything there is to know about yeast infection!
- Causes: As discussed above, this infection may be caused due to the growth of a particular type of virus. The other reasons include any phenomenon that leads to a change in the balance of the microorganisms living in this area. This can occur due to the intake of antibiotics, as well as high estrogen levels due to hormone therapy treatment or even pregnancy. The use of birth control pills during menstrual cycles can also trigger this infection. Also, other ailments in the patient's body, like diabetes and HIV infection can be the cause behind the same.
- Symptoms: Most of the time, one will experience the symptoms of this infection in the week leading up to the monthly menstrual cycle. Redness, a sore pain, itchiness and a thick white discharge are the most common symptoms of this condition. Also, skin irritation and pain during urination can occur for more severe cases.
- Treatment: Usually, it has been seen that this infection clears up on its own once the menstrual cycle starts. This happens because the blood that is discharged during the period can help in restoring the pH balance of the vagina which takes care of yeast growth. It can be recurrent or a one time infection. Boric acid capsules are the best way to treat this condition. If the infection has occurred during pregnancy, you must see a doctor about treatment before taking any medication or home remedies on your own.
- Home Remedies: Avoiding sexual intercourse or using a lubricant can help in alleviating the pain that one feels in such cases. Also, you can swap your tampons for pads during the infection and the treatment. Further, sitting in a tub of warm water can help in soothing the area. Remember to keep the area dry and clean at all times.
- Prevention: Prevention includes eating a balanced diet that will supply all the necessary nutrients to your body. Dairy products like yogurt and milk will help in preventing this kind of infection as well as plenty of fruits. Also, avoid using too many antibiotics or eating too much sugar.
Yeast infection should be treated with home remedies only when you are not pregnant. Also, you must be aware of any other ailments like diabetes before self prescribing any medicine or treatment.
I got married 5 months back and trying to conceive. But nothing is happening. My periods come before my date. This time it came 1 week in Advance. Don't know what to do? Please help me for this.
I am 18 weeks pregnant now pls tell me when I done colour ultrasound and when I feel movement of baby.
Hi My fiance wants take Pill to postpone her periods, is there any side effects by taking that pill, and how many Pills she needs to take to postpone the periods? And when she can take this ?can you please suggest me. her last menstrual was 29th ,she wants to postpone her period this month from 23 to 28.
Hi doc, I will get heavy pain at the time of periods. I have a cyst (size: 46*35mm) in my left side of womb. For that I l get pain every for month of my period. I have regular periods. My doc said I must go with laproscope. I used medicine to melt the cyst but it not accepting any medicine (reacting. My age is 23. Please tell me what to do ?
Its about birth control pills any side effect is there please explain and suggest the pills name to take.
I had sex with my girlfriend without taking protection. She also missed her dates yet which is on 22 July. She also get negative in pregnancy kit two times. For surety she checked 2 times and now she's not getting period yet after missing her dates. Is there anything serious? Please tell me in detail what should I have to do now please help. Uske period aise pehle bhi miss hote the.
I am recently married near about 2 month before. Still I am virgin due to my fear every time when my husband try for sex I feel very fear and I close my legs feel cold in my body. I really feel too much different when he remove my bra, touch my naked breast, My husband corporates with me and stop sleep with a smile. Actually I am virgin I have tight hymen when I see my husband big penis I feel lot of fear that it hurts me lot in vagina hole I feel like kill, I think how its enter in my vagina if not single little finger enters. I hear that sex is enjoyable but in reality I feel it's very difficult process.
Sir is it possible that a women become pregnant if intercourse during day 10th of menstrual cycle? And how much I pill is effective? Success rate?
Is it possible that the urge to eat sour food and a sudden increase in appetite always means that the girl is pregnant?
I had a medical abortion in August after which I took all the precautions despite of which I am pregnant again. I cannot believe it but still I last had my periods on 13th November did the pregnancy test 2 days back which came. Out positive. I am engaged and me and my fiance cannot have a baby right now. Is it safe for me to get abortion again in such a short span of time? I also have started feeling very weak, dizzy and feverish. Please help.
I have been very irregular with my daily food habits last during January month. My physique has gone down a lot during that period and now even after 3 months of good nutrition I am not seeing much recovery. What should I do?
I am having pain in my breast from 5-6 days. Nd 3 days before I was having white transparent discharge nd it was having blood in it. Can you pls suggest what shud I do?
Hymenoplasty is also known as hymen surgery. It is a surgical procedure where the hymen within the vagina is restored. The Hymen is a membrane covering the vaginal opening, which can be torn when a woman engages in coitus for the first time or it could be damaged due to other factors such as heavy lifting, exercise, cycling, swimming among many other activities. Hymenoplasty involves putting back the hymen’s torn edges to make it look like the hymen is intact.
Why do women want hymen reconstruction?
A woman would want a hymen reconstruction surgery for a number of reasons. They are:
- Religious reasons: In certain cultures, a woman’s hymen is inspected to make sure she has not engaged in coitus in the past. Virginity is valued highly is such places and if the woman is not a virgin, she may have to face social or even legal ramifications.
- In case of rape or sexual assault victims: In some cases, a rape victim may undergo this surgery to empower herself and feel mentally peaceful.
- Hymen related injuries: Certain factors like heavy exercise or sexual intercourse can cause rupture of the hymen which may cause bleeding, infections or other complications. A woman may want to rectify this with the help of this surgery.
The entire surgical process lasts for about 45-60 minutes. The surgery is carried out in an outpatient setting under general anesthesia. The torn skin membranes are rejoined using dissolvable stitches so that scaring is minimal.
This procedure can be carried out in three ways
1. Joining the torn edges with stitches.
2. An artificial membrane is placed in the area whose function is to behave as an artificial hymen. This hymen however, does not have any blood supply, so a capsule that contains blood can be placed with it.
3. A flap is taken from the vaginal lining, which is used to create a functional hymen with proper blood supply.
4. You can return to your work in about 2-3 days after the surgery. However, the entire healing process takes around two months.
The procedure caries some risks that you should be aware of, they are -
1. Bleeding: Some bleeding is normal after the procedure, but any prolonged case of bleeding may indicate a complication.
2. Infection: Like all surgeries, you may have infections in the concerned area. The doctor may prescribe antibiotics to deal with these infections.
3. Narrowing of the vaginal opening: In some cases, the vaginal opening can become narrow after the procedure. This however, can be resolved without the need for any treatment as it may become wider on its own over time. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.