Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Sita GurirajaYour feedback matters!
Ginger or adrak, a staple spice of Indian household today, originated in the south-east Asia more than 5000 years ago. Back then, it was considered a medicine for all ailments. It contains a compound known as 'gingerol' that has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties.
Ginger has been used to combat the common cold in addition to being a taste enhancer in food and tea. But little do we know about the gamut of health benefits that it provides.
Here are some amazing health benefits of this wonder spice:
1. Boosts immunity
It cleans the body's sewage system thereby preventing the accumulation of toxins. Cut ginger into small pieces and put into a bowl of water and then boil for 8-10 minutes. Drink this herbal solution for 3-4 times a day, relieving you of the irritating coughs in addition to boosting your immunity. If you do not like the taste of it, stir some honey or lemon into it.
2. Helps in weight loss
Ginger also helps in promoting weight loss. It activates the body's metabolism and hence leads to burning of fat. Heat a cup of water till it boils, now add a small piece of ginger and keep it covered for five minutes. You can add lemon juice to taste. Drink this before breakfast for reaping maximum benefits.
3. Regulates blood pressure
Ginger acts similar to blood pressure controlling pills. It blocks the flow of calcium into heart cells which lowers blood pressure. Drink ginger tea before breakfast instead of popping the prescription pill.
4. Helps clear acne
The ginger extract helps in purification of blood. Extract ginger juice and store it in a refrigerator. Mix 2 tablespoon of ginger juice along with 2 tablespoons of honey and consume every morning on an empty stomach. This helps you get rid of a pimple, acne, and other skin disorders.
5. Lowers cholesterol
Consuming 2-3 grams of dry ginger every day has been associated with lowering cholesterol levels. Consuming ginger activates an enzyme that increases body's use of cholesterol. It also protects a diabetic person's organs such as liver and kidneys.
6. Aids in digestion
A good stomach is the sign of good health. A common problem among the mass is indigestion. Ginger is helpful in battling indigestion. Peel and cut the ginger into small pieces. Soak these in honey in a bottle and keep in sunlight for 10 days. Consume 2-4 pieces every morning.
7. Cures nausea
Chewing raw ginger is effective in treating nausea. Wash and peel ginger before cutting into small pieces. Chew these pieces throughout the day. You can also grab some snacks containing ginger.
8. Eases muscle pain
Heavy weight lifting at the gym often leads to muscle pain the following days. The anti-inflammatory property, attributed to sesquiterpenes such as zingiberene present in ginger, helps in reducing exercise-induced muscle pain if taken consistently over a period of time. One teaspoon of dried ginger or 2 teaspoons of chopped ginger can be added to meals daily.
9. Relieves joint pain
The anti-inflammatory property of the ginger helps in fighting osteoarthritis- a condition of joint pain and stiffness. Applying ginger oil topically on the joints lowers the pain and also eliminates the necessity to pop pain killers.
It should be noted here that ginger should not be given to children under the age of 2 years. For children over 2 years, you should consult your doctor to determine the right dose. Adults should not consume more than 4 grams per day.
With so much to offer, ginger can safely be tagged as a superfood that you should make a part of your daily diet.
Hi i am taking Novelon 21 day pill from june. Missed second last doubled with the last, break of 6 days from 2-7 july. Menses from 5-7july. New pack from 8th july. Protected intercourse but condom used thrice on 9th july (first timw intercourse) Next fully protected on 14th july (last intercourse) Missed 21st july pill doubled 22nd july night. Light bleeding on 22nd july morning (breakthrough bleed or implantation bleed?) Pill ended on 28th july menses from 1-6 aug. Negative hpt at 4,5,6,7,8,11,12 weeks all negative hpt done with first morning urine with different brands. No pills or intercourse after 1-6aug. Periods due on 1st sept as it dint came did a usg and hcg beta on 8th sept (10 weeks from first and 9 weeks from last intercourse) Hcg was 0.11 and usg shows pcod (no mention of pregnancy) Dr. Prescribed deviry 2 tab for 5 days for withdrawal bleed. But after taking just a single dose bleeding started from 11-16th sept. It was heavy. On 21st sept morning when I woke up I can feel my pelvic bone in the front (can it be due to exercises like crunches leg rise etc with weight loss? I was 72 in july 70 in aug and now I am almost 68 kgs) and after continuous touching I made it hurt. Scared went for usg on 21st sept (12 weeks ftom first and 11 weeks from lasr intercourse) Usg only showed bulky ovaries with pcod. I asked him if my uterus was normal he said its absolutely normal. Usg was transabdominal. The hardness yet not gone. Moreover m fln gassy all the time and I cn feel sensation under my rib and back and m passing lots of gas. M worried too. Finally ve taken an hpt with first morning urine at almost 12 weeks 6 days. And its negative. Can their still be risk of pregnancy? My menses was due on 11th october and it is now delayed by 5 days. I did not have any intercourse after 14th july. M not experiencing any pms symptoms. Moreover egg white cervical mucus is seen at various point of the cycle. Will I wait for my periods to come or will I again take tab deviry? Is their any risk of pregnancy? Do I need to redo hpt or BHCG test? M I 100% safe?
Fertility in women can be affected because of various external or internal reasons. It is good to understand the problems since this fast becoming a very common problem.
The causing factors usually include -
1. Ovulation problems - One reason for female infertility is when eggs don't mature in the ovaries. This is known as ovulation problems. Possible symptoms of this are absent or irregular periods and the possible solution is keeping a check on body weight, taking fertility drugs and/or having IVF.
2. Uterus problem - There are tissues, known as endometrial tissues which form the lining of the uterus. When they grow outside the uterus, it is called endometriosis and can be a reason for infertility. While some women have no symptoms of this, some have painful periods. Fertility drugs, ivf and surgery to remove the tissue are its possible solutions.
3. Pcos - Pcos or Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome is of late one of the most common reasons of female infertility. It is characterised by unpredictable ovarian patterns and hormonal imbalances. Possible symptoms are acne, obesity, irregular periods, and excessive hair growth. Weight loss, changes in lifestyle, injected fertility drugs, ivf and ovarian drilling are its possible solutions.
4. Damaged fallopian tubes - Some women have blocked or damaged fallopian tubes which prevent the sperm from getting to the egg. This situation leads to stds and pelvic inflammatory diseases. There are no symptoms as such and the methods of solution are surgery to open the tubes and if that is not possible, to remove the tubes and try ivf.
5. Unidentified reasons - There are many unexplained fertility problems where none of the above mentioned problems exist. In such situations, fertility drugs - with or without artificial insemination or ivf are advised.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on consult.
From lybrate: if you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over whatsapp, facebook and other media.
I am 23 years old I have been diagnosed for pcos last year from past 1 year I get periods only when I take tablets prescribed by doc from past 1 month am getting pain on my right back ,stomach and right leg . And my stomach is also bloated . Is this an serious issue ? Am getting fear does it hve any link with ovarian cancer or anything? please do reply asap am really worried.
Which position is best while wife is pregnant. Can we take physical relationship during pregnancy .please guide us.
I haven't got my period yet, 1st day of the period was on the 28th of Aug and it's 1st Oct today. It's been 31 days and I'm usually down in 22. I'm usually never late and hence took a pregnancy test but it was negative. I just had sex with my boyfriend and the damn condom broke and he came inside me. I really don't know what to do now. I'm freaking out, should I take a pill? Will it affect things? Basically, is it safe to do so? Am I already pregnant? If not, why are my periods late? Pls help, urgent.
M having problems with breast as a man my chest is getting out over and it's irritating me can you please suggest me some medicine to solve this issue as soon as possible.
It is supposed to start my period on 5 or 6 of this month but still not started and i got sex last 18 february and i didn' t let the sperm there and it tested two times shows negative. And stilll no period plese help me.
Liver does everything for you right from digestion, metabolism, immunity and the storage of nutrients to detoxifying your body. So, take care of your liver and it will inturn take care of you for better life.Thus, cleanse, rejuvinate and detoxify your liver with these to remain free from obesity, cardiovascular disease, chronic fatigue, headaches, digestive problems, allergies and many other health problems.
1. Garlic : To promote liver health, use fresh raw garlic instead of processed, minced garlic or powder.Eat 2 to 3 raw garlic cloves daily and include garlic in your cooking whenever possible.
2. Grapefruit : Drink a small glass of freshly squeezed grapefruit juice or enjoy the whole fruit with your breakfast daily.Moreover, the flavonoid naringenin in grapefruit helps break down fat.
Note: If you are on medications, consult your doctor before taking this fruit as it may interact with certain drugs.
3. Beetroots: they are the best blood purifiers.Simply add fresh beetroots or juice to your daily diet. Make a powerful liver-cleansing salad with 1 cup of chopped or grated beetroots, 2 tablespoons of cold-pressed extra-virgin olive oil and the juice of ½ lemon. Mix all the ingredients together and eat 2 teaspoons of it every 2 hours during the day for a week.
4. Lemons: lemon promotes mineral absorption by liver.Make lemon water at home by adding the juice of 1 lemon to a jar of water. You can even add chopped lemons to it. Drink this water at regular intervals. If desired, add a little honey.
5. Green Tea: By drinking green tea daily, you can help your body flush out toxins and fat deposits, while increasing hydration levels.Drink 2 to 3 cups of green tea daily. If desired, sweeten your tea with honey.
Note: Avoid drinking green tea in excess as it can have an adverse impact on your liver and other body parts.
6. Avocados: The high amount of monounsaturated fat in avocados helps reduce low-density lipoproteins or “bad” cholesterol and increase high-density lipoproteins or “good” cholesterol. The liver easily processes good cholesterol.
Eat 1 to 2 avocados per week for a couple of months to help reverse liver damage.
7. Turmeric: The compound curcumin in turmeric induces the formation of a primary liver detoxification enzyme called glutathione S-transferase. It also helps regenerate damaged liver cells.Mix ¼ teaspoon of turmeric powder in a glass of water and boil it. Drink it twice daily for a couple of weeks.
8. Apples: An apple a day is the secret behind a healthy liver. Apples are a good source of pectin, a soluble fiber that helps remove toxins from the digestive tract and cholesterol from the blood, in turn preventing the liver from being overworked.
9. Walnuts: The high amount of the amino acid l-arginine in walnuts aids the liver in detoxifying ammonia. Moreover, walnuts contain glutathione and omega-3 fatty acids, which aid the natural liver-cleansing process.Munch on a handful of walnuts as a snack daily.
10. Broccoli: The high fiber content in broccoli improves the digestion process. Moreover, it contains fat-soluble vitamin E, an important antioxidant for the liver to carry out its functions.
Eat 1 cup of broccoli 3 times a week to keep your liver healthy.
Also, to keep your liver healthy, eliminate or reduce animal foods as well as alcohol, refined sugar, excess caffeine and processed foods from your diet. In addition, stop smoking as it causes significant damage to different organs of the body, including the liver
I am 21 years old recently married. I am afraid of pain during first intercourse. I have heard it's painful I am bit afraid of it, is there any medicine or something to get rid of the pain during first intercourse.
I am not getting periods regularly and some time I get twice so please advise me a tablet for regular periods?
Sir, Me and my wife love to do anal sex and it she feels lot of pain as she is shouting more also ask me not to stop or do more is it dangerous for her and me.
Doctor I am seventeen year old. Actually sometime in a week I have burning and pain which last for 2-4 minutes just down the breast but not in breast and cause severe pain. I am taking the migraine medicines. Please pinpoint the problem with me. Thanks.
My sister 16 year old girl gets severe stomach pain during her mc she has consulted many specialists but no use even she takes many tablets consulted by doctors even then it is not working so please give solution to her stomach and back pain?
I had taken I pill abt 2 months back. My period came after about 21 days and it was very very light. Was different from normal period. Then after about 28 days I had normal period. My period usually Comes early. But this time it came on time. Now in this month it has been almost 30 days. But no sign of period yet. I have not indulged in any sexual activity also. White discharge has lessened and now stopped but no period.
Ear aches are a very painful condition, which tends to affect mostly children. However, adults can be affected by ear aches as well, which can disrupt their routines and be quite painful. Let's have a look at some of the aspects of ear aches in adults.
Causes of ar aches in adults
There are many causes for ear aches in adults and it may vary from one person to another. However some general causes of ear aches in adults are listed below:
- Infections within the body: If you have a throat infection or cold, it could trigger an ear ache as a side effect. Treating the underlying problems will, thus reduce the ear ache or it will go on its own when the symptoms of the cold subside.
- Ear canal injury: Adults are most often guilty of putting in sharp objects to clean their ear canal, which may result in an injury and also lead to infections. These injuries can also be infected and cause fluid discharge and ear aches.
- Blockages caused by the regular use of ear buds: Using ear buds or other sharp objects to clean the ear will only result in pushing the ear wax further into the ear. This will result in blockages of the ear canal and cause ear aches.
- Dental problems: Certain dental problems, such as wisdom tooth growth can result in problems. Even gum disorders have been known to create ear aches in adults.
- Jaw pain and facial pain: Jaw pain and even facial nerve pain has been known to affect ears and cause aches as well.
Symptoms that may accompany ear aches
Depending on what the causes of the ear aches are, the symptoms may vary. Still, let's have a look at some of the known common symptoms of ear aches in adults:
- Irritability and lack of focus: Ear aches may initially manifest as a headache and make the person irritable.
- Poor sleep: Fluids may build up within the body and thus cause issues while sleeping as the fluids may shift from one area to another.
- Ear drainage: If in case fluids build up, they may drain from your ear, which could vary anywhere within yellow to dark brown colour. This may even indicate that your eardrum is ruptured.
- Hearing problems: Fluid buildup or other underlying causes may also cause hearing difficulties.
- Fever: Sometimes, fever may run as high as 104 degree C due the very infections, which may be causing the ear ache.
Whatever may be the cause, if you have ear aches for sustained periods without underlying reasons, you should visit your doctor immediately to get it checked out, so that appropriate treatment can start quickly.
What is premenstrual syndrome (PMS)? In a layman's language, it is that time of the month you don't really want to unnecessarily bother a woman or you might have to face the brunt of an emotional outburst. In medical terms, it is a combination of emotional, physical, psychological changes that occur in a woman after ovulation and culminates with the ending of her menstrual flow. The most common mood-related symptoms are irritability, depression, crying, oversensitivity, and mood swings.
The most common physical symptoms are fatigue, bloating, breast tenderness, acne, and appetite changes with food cravings. In severe cases, anger, irritability, anxiety and tension leads to loss of the functioning ability of a woman. If you've been there or are suffering, you are not alone. There are scores of women around the world who experience these symptoms. Here are ways to minimize and get rid of PMS.
1. Control PMS with diet changes: Certain food types in general are not a healthy choice but can cause more harm than good during PMS. Depending on what factor affects you the most, cut down on these types of food.
- Salt: Excess salt can lead to bloating
- Caffeine: Can lead to anxiety, sleeplessness and irritability
- Alcohol: The concoction for depression
- Sugar: Can cause mood swings
As always, eating more fruits, veggies and grains at the right time can keep you healthy and prepared for those dreaded days.
2. Exercise: Exercise is a mood lifter. It gets you into shape, adds to your stamina and slowly but steadily boosts your confidence to become slimmer, stronger, and fitter. The trick is to pick up on an exercise you love. Hit the road and run free with your thoughts or turn on the music and dance with aerobics.
3. Stock up on vitamins: Hormonal imbalances are the primary cause behind PMS. Though it is not proven, stocking up on some essential vitamins like calcium, potassium and minerals can give you more strength to fight the symptoms.
4. Herbal remedies: They've been around for hundreds of years and you are likely to have an aunt or grandma swear by one of these cures. From ginger to primrose oil, these cures can balance your hormonal activity in a natural way. You will need to experiment to see what really suits your need.
5. Take a break: No matter what physical or emotional trauma you go through, it can double up because of stress and lack of sleep. Knowing your 'off' days, it's best you find a way to take some time off for yourself at a spa or try meditation and deep breathing. Do what you love to do to. Keep your mind calm and clear. Listen to music, take a walk with your dog or simply read a good book.
To start with, change your diet, take a few supplements and herbs, and start exercising, and you should see the change in the first few cycles itself.
Related Tip: "7 Ways To Deal With Pms"