Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sita GurirajaYour feedback matters!
My wife has delivered 31/2 months ago but her periods not even after three months but she bleeds for one day after 2nd and 3rd month. Is it normal or please suggest advice.
My wife is 30 years old and we have two kids and my problem is she is not any more interested in sex is there any medicine or any way to get her in mood so she will respond me in same way which I do in my sex mood.
- Bleeding from Vagina: An abnormal form of bleeding from vagina is medically defined as “AUB / DUB (Abnormal / Dysfunctional Uterine bleeding)”. The bleeding problem which is not responding to medicinal treatment can be dealt with Laparoscopy. Abnormal / Dysfunctional Uterine bleeding is due to abnormality in endometrium of uterus which usually responds to medicinal treatment. In cases where medicine is not able to control the symptoms, uterus, along with both fallopian tubes +/- ovaries, can be removed laparoscopically. In another treatment modality, the endometrium (inside lining of uterine cavity) can be ablated to reduce the troublesome bleeding. Latter procedure is done hysteroscopically.
- Fibroid Uterus: Fibroids are commonly found in uterus. Most of the time they are diagnosed on ultrasound. Fibroids can cause problem in the form of abnormal bleeding (heavy menstrual flow, irregular menstrual bleeding pattern), painful periods (dysmenorrhea), recurrent miscarriage / abortion, infertility etc. Uterine fibroids usually need surgical removal and can be removed laparoscopically as well as hysteroscopically. Any size of the fibroid can be removed with laparoscopic approach.
- Ovarian Cysts: Ovarian cysts are also common finding on ultrasound. Ovarian cysts which persist for longer times, suspicious of cancer, symptomatic (e.g pain abdomen) can be removed laparoscopically.
- Endometriosis: Endometriosis can present as ovarian endometrioma (Ovarian cyst or chocolate cyst), endometriosis implants in pelvis, Adhesions in pelvis (involving uterus, fallopian tubes, ovaries, intestinal loops, rectum etc) or as cause of infertility. All these entities can be treated laparoscopically.
- Uterus Prolapse / Vault Prolapse / Pelvic Organ Prolapse: Uterus prolapse into vagina, vaginal vault prolapsing into vagina after hysterectomy can be treated with laparoscopic surgery.
- Uterine cancer, Uterine cervix cancer: Cancers of uterus, uterine cervix, ovarian cancers after chemotherapy can be treated with laparoscopic surgery in which tumorous tissue can be removed with more precision.
- Ectopic pregnancy: Extra uterine pregnancy e.g. pregnancy in fallopian tube (tubal pregnancy), pregnancy in ovaries (ovarian pregnancy), pregnancy in cervix (cervical pregnancy) can be treated with laparoscopic approach, as per the indications.
- Ovarian Torsion: Due to numerous factors, ovarian tissue twists around its own axis which leads to compromise in its blood supply ultimately leading to infarction of ovarian tissue. Laparoscopically ovaries can be untwisted and fixed to prevent further twisting.
- Recurrent Miscarriage with incompetent cervix: With the incompetent cervix, there are chances of recurrent miscarriage. Few cases of incompetent cervix need cerclage from abdomen which can be performed through laparoscopic approach.
- Blocked fallopian tubes: Fallopian tubes might get blocked due to infections, adhesion or pressure from mass. In few cases, there is requirement of tubal reconstruction in cases of tubal sterilization. All these fallopian tube blocks can be opened with laparoscopic surgery and hysteroscopically.
The body is in a constant state of metabolism, which produces toxins or waste substances that need to be removed. Not removing them can affect the efficiency of the whole body system and result in various diseases.
Ayurveda believes that an individual’s well-being and overall health are the results of balance maintained between the three body fluids (pitta, Vata, and Kapha). Regular detoxification helps in restoring balance and thereby preventing diseases.
Read on to know some of the most effective detox methods from Ayurveda.
- Fasting: One of the best ways to clear the body of accumulated toxins is fasting. Fasting for shorter periods at regular intervals (like a chosen day of the week every week) is preferred. The overall benefits are reduced gas, fresher breath, mental clarity, overall well-being, and detoxification. You can choose to fast with only fruits, only water, only light foods, or complete fast depending on your body.
- Panchakarma massage: There are structured massage programs using essential oils and last for 4 days. There is a simple dietary regimen to be followed which washes the digestive system thoroughly and flushes out toxins through the colon.
- Detox programs: Ayurveda has detox programs of varying periods from daily to 4 days to 45 days. The salient features of these detox programs would be the same. There is a reference to ama which is the undigested residue from food that is present in the colon. During any of the detox program, the objective is to remove the ama, which is believed to be the causative factor for all digestive diseases.
- Eat at the same time every day, with complete attention on the food
- Do not fast or skip meals
- Eat only if you are hungry, after the previous meal has completely digested
- Do not eat to your full capacity
- When at your table, give 2 minutes before eating and 2 minutes after finishing the meal
- The lunch should be the main meal, with lighter meals at breakfast and dinner
- Eat warm, fresh, light vegetarian foods like roti, daal, whole grains, and vegetables.
- Sleep well, as your body requires more sleep during this process
- Hydrate yourself with warm water and/or teas to help flush out toxins
- Develop a regular light exercise regimen, which will improve digestion and eliminate wastes
- Try massage like Abhyanga followed by a warm shower
With these simple steps, see yourself detoxed and healthy with renewed vitality and energy. These are preferred to be done at the change of season to a colder one so that the body is rid of the toxins and fresh to take on the season. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
Not everybody’s created equal. Before you start your nutrition regimen, its always a good idea to figure out your Body Type. This will help you tailor your diet better and set realistic and attainable goals.
There are 3 basic human body types:
Ectomorph: They are distinguished by a lack of much fat or muscle tissue.
Mesomorph : This is marked by a well developed musculature.
Endomorph : This is characterized by a preponderance of body fat.
This is how the 3 body types look like:
Everybody is different since we all have different genetic and cultural traits. If everyone ate the same things and started exercising similarly, we would not look the same. This is because each person’s genetic inheritance influences their bone structure, body size, shape, and weight differently.
Thus, every body type should eat differently as per what appeals to them. This will not only maintain one’s healthy weight but also prevent any kind of eating disorders.
Ectomorphs are individuals characterized by smaller bone structures and thinner limbs. They are characterized by:
Narrow hips and clavicals
Small joints (wrists and ankles)
A thin build
Stringy muscle bellies
Proper nutrition is very important, especially for those who consider themselves as “Ectomorphs”. It typically means that they have a faster metabolism , a tough time gaining body weight and higher overall caloric needs.
An ectomorph must typically start his or her diet plan by following the main principles for big gains in muscle size and strength.
As an Ectomorph, your ideal nutrition consists of about 55% of complex carbohydrates , 30% good quality proteins and 15% healthy fats.
Ectomorphs’ Ideal Body Type Diet
Avoid fatty foods, especially animal fat, cold cuts, mayonnaise, full-fat dairy, rich desserts, packaged foods, chips.
As an Ectomorph, the ideal nutrition consists of about 55% of complex carbohydrates (whole grains, rice, nuts all vegetables), approx. 30% quality proteins (whey, chicken, eggs), and up to 15% healthy fats cold-pressed virgin olive oil, flaxseed oil and good omega 3 sources like fish and sea food.
Mesomorphs have a medium sized bone structure and athletic body, and if they’re active, they usually have a considerable amount of lean mass. They are characterized as follows:
A narrow waist
Long and round muscle bellies
As a mesomorph, you are likely to put on muscle easily and also easy to gain and lose body weight. However, mesomorphs yet need a targeted diet plan that helps them avoid fat gain and improve overall health.
BALANCE is very important for a mesomorph, who falls between an ectomorph and an endomorph. A typical diet for mesomorphs should comprise of 45% complex carbohydrates, 35% good quality proteins and up to 20% healthy fats.
Mesomorphs’ Ideal Body Type Diet
Avoid fatty foods (full-fat dairy, fatty meats, cold cuts, mayonnaise, very rich desserts,) and minimize as much as possible refined carbohydrates (sugars and white flour products), as they cause rapid weight gain triggering a fat-storage metabolism.
As a Mesomorph, you should eat 3 smaller meals favoring foods high in quality protein (whey, chicken, eggs) and complex carbohydrates (leafy greens and non starchy vegetables).
Approx. 45% complex carbohydrates, 35% quality proteins and up to 20% healthy fats; use cold-pressed virgin olive oil and flaxseed oil in salads and get used to cooking with rice bran oil.
Include fish and seafood, as they are good omega 3 sources-omega 3 and weight loss connection is well-known.
In between meals get a healthy snack: fruits (except the sweet ones, like bananas, pineapple, grapes, mango, watermelon), raw almonds, plain yogurt or various smoothies with the right foods for you, as above.
Endomorphs have a larger bone structure with higher amounts of total body mass and fat mass. They tend to be naturally less active and thus have more tendency to store energy as fat. Thus, they have a particularly easy time gaining weight but hard to shed kilos. The main characteristics of a Endomorph is:
They look blocky
Wider and thicker joints
Wider hips than the clavicles
Out of all the three body types, Endomorphs have the greatest tendency towards roundness. Being an endomorph, obesity is very common in males in females.
“Apple shaped obesity” is more commonly seen in males where there is excess fat in and around the belly, while “Pear shaped obesity” is commonly seen in females with excess fat on the hips and buttocks.
Endomorphs’ Ideal Body Type Diet
As an Endomorph, your nutrition for losing weight should be roughly up to 30% complex carbohydrates (starchy vegetables, brown rice, whole grains), about 45% quality protein (chicken breast, whey protein) and about 25% healthy fats: omega 3 sources (fish, seafood) and ricebran oil, which helps to increase your sluggish metabolism. Also, to keep your metabolic rate up, divide your daily meals into smaller portions so that you have something to eat handy every 2-3 hours.
Avoid as much as you can all types of sugar (including all fruits except berries) and simple carbohydrates like white flour products and pasta, white rice, potatoes, because they cause a rapid rise of your blood sugar level, which, in turn triggers the release of insulin, the fat-storage hormone. Never end your meals feeling completely full.
Endomorphs typically do best on a higher fat and protein intake with carbohydrate intake being controlled and properly timed (e.g., after exercise). More fat and protein, less carbohydrate.
A nutrient distribution for this body type might be around 25% carbs, 35% protein, and 40% fat.
KNOW YOUR BODY TYPE – YOUR DAILY NEEDS ARE AS IMPORTANT AS YOU ARE !!
My Age 38 diabetic patient. Wants to conceive baby. I have 8 years old daughter. One year ago I have miscarriage. 8 week pregnancy. So what you have to suggest me.
Me and my wife tried to have a baby after her periods. And we did it for one to eighth day, but she couldn't be pregnant. The same previous month. Should we go for test?
The disruption of the normal female cycles of menstruation and ovulation after the age of 45 and the loss of her ability to conceive naturally is known as menopause. The associated symptoms of menopause are heat flushes, insomnia, weight gain, depression, nausea and fatigue. While hormone replacement therapy is the most common procedure to provide relief from menopausal symptoms, natural homeopathic remedies can also be used for the same. These remedies are completely safe as opposed to hormone replacement therapy which has a number of side effects.
The following homeopathic medicines and remedies can be used to treat menopause:
- A balanced diet which provides you with optimal nutrition can be helpful in treating menopausal symptoms. When you get enough vitamins and minerals, the physical discomfort caused by the symptoms can be reduced greatly.
- Phosphorus can help with migraines, extreme sweating, numb hands, fast pulse, memory problems and dry and itchy skin. Foods high in phosphorus content are meat, fish, cheese, nuts and seeds of pumpkins, sunflowers etc.
- Excessive deposition of fat can interfere with the hormonal cycles and cause imbalances in the level of estrogen and progesterone. So, regular yoga and exercise can be helpful.
- Amylenum nitrosum can provide relief from profuse sweating, shortness of breath and palpitations.
- Phytoestrogen or dietary estrogen is a compound found in foods such as soybeans, oats, barley, carrots, fenugreek, rice etc. Phytoestrogen can provide natural relief from menopausal symptoms.
- Aurum metallicum is used to get the tissues and organs to function normally again and control feelings of anxiety and claustrophobia.
- Aconitum napellus (wolf's bane) is a flowering plant and its extracts can reduce panic attacks, heat flushes, over excitability and depressive symptoms.
- Argentum nitricum is a nitrate compound of silver which is used to control excessive bleeding in the pre-menstrual stages.
- Belladonna (deadly nightshade) is beneficial for a large number of symptoms such as headaches, fatigue, insomnia, frequent urination, osteoporosis, abnormal weight gain and other nervous disorders.
- Bryonia alba, a flowering plant, is used as a remedy for vaginal infections, rashes and vaginal dryness that are common during menopause.
- Natrum muriaticum, in small amounts, helps to reduce stress. Stress can cause problems in thyroid function, cognitive functioning, digestive system functioning and it can elevate blood pressure levels rapidly.
- Nux vomica (strychnine) is a common homeopathic medicine for nausea, vomiting and indigestion. These problems are seen frequently in menopausal women, especially after meals at night. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.
I had miscarriage last year and not conceived yet. My gynic says it's an unexplained infertility. What are the chances of being pregnant again?
She is having pregnancy of 5 months. She is taking meals only with curd. Will it any problem for baby?
I am having infection in groin area from last 6 months. It spread wide fastly. Can you help me about this?
Just before a week my mother went under a laparoscopic surgery and hysterectomy and both the ovaries and follicles are removed. She has pains. Now she is taking bed rest. How long she need rest to completely recover?
Yesterday I fell from my cycle very badly. Now I have got my face scraped that is 2 scraps on my right cheek. Is it good to wash my face with soap now? How can I recover from this injury? How many days will it take for the original skin to form again? Please help me. I am really worried. Also tell me if I have to take any tablets.
Now a days d&c is must to get pregnant? My periods are regular 28 to 32. My age is 26. Weight 59 kg. My husband sperm count also good. Trying for baby 18 months now I took 6 clomid siphene with progynova 5 months, ccq 1 with meprate. My doctor suggest d&c, laparoscopy is next step. But my reports are good. Why d and c?
I am 32 years old married women. I used to take ovral g & ovral l for 3-4 years coninue. But I dont take this since last 2-3 years. Now I felt huge pain in lower abdomen & leg before my period start. It is continued for 2-3 days. & another problem is continued bleeding after period. Its red & white for whole month. What should I do?
Hii. I'm 30 year old married women. I have pcod. So doctor suggested me normal tablet. I started taking 3rd of my period. I'm confused now (1st cycle of tablet) do I need to take till I get nxt period or can stop in between. I took it for 23 days and stopped. My expected period is 12 th of this month but till date I didn't get. My last period was on 14th April. We are planning for pregnancy. Please suggest me.
I am trying to conceive from last 2 years, recently found that my tubes have blockage (rt with terminal hydrosalpinx and lt tube with herbal obstruction and AMH level is 16 which indicates I have PCOS but in follicular ultrasound no PCOD was found. I want to know about the medicines my doc gave me: Ovalife, Evron 35, folizord. I m doubtful about Evron 35 as I read somewhere it is an oral contraceptive, so why does my doc gave this to me.
Hi we are married since 1year and stayed together for 4months only bzc I moved out of city. Now v r going to live together and we need baby. Some one guided me to have sex on 9-12th day for pregnancy. But my question is that if we continue sex after 12th day also how to detect pregnancy? So please adv when to do sex when to stop?
Intestinal distress is usually characterised by discomfort and pain in the abdomen, as well as an irritable bowel. This is generally caused when food does not move fast enough through the food pipe, to get digested in time. In Ayurvedic terms, this undigested, unprocessed food and the toxins that it causes is known as Ama. Intestinal distress includes conditions ranging from heartburn to IBS or irritable bowel syndrome. This is also known as Grahani in Ayurveda. Want to more about treating these conditions, the Ayurvedic way? Here's how!
- Mustakarishta: This medicine helps in the prevention and treatment of loose motions as well as indigestion that causes gas and acidity.
- Dadimavaleha: This is generally prescribed for patients suffering from fever along with loose motions, and bleeding, which usually points to infections in the body.
- Kutajarishta: This concoction is used for treating patients suffering from dysentery, loose motions and mild to severe irritable bowel syndrome.
- Pushyanuga Churna: This medicine is used for treating menorrhagia, metrorrhagia, excessive bleeding during menstrual cycles and other digestive disorders.
- Kutajavaleha: This is usually used during treatment for conditions like irritable bowel syndrome, ulcerative colitis and piles. It also treats inflammation and bleeding issues. This medicine is also useful in treating patients suffering from anaemia.
- Sanjeevani Vati: This medicine can be used for treating problems associated with dyspepsia, gastro enteritis and indigestion which can lead to heartburn.
- Bilwadi Gutika: Patients who have endured rodent or insect bites as well as gastro enteritis issues can use this medicine for instant relief.
- Jeerakarishtam: This medicine is used for mothers who have just had babies and need to control frequent stools and indigestion in the post-natal period.
The use of Ayurvedic medicines necessarily needs the support of other measures like eating a healthy and balanced diet as well as massages and other such tools prescribed under this science. The medicines work towards healing and preventing further eruptions of the ailments. But for the successful treatment of the same, patients of intestinal distress need to remember not to overeat and to have meals on time, and in a routine manner. The meals should consist of cumin, turmeric and easy to digest food as well as plenty of water. Exercise is another important facet of relieving the discomfort felt under such situations.