Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. SiranjuddinYour feedback matters!
My daughter is 3 years n 9 months old. She is suffering from ear pain since morning 6 am. And telling that she has pain under jaw. May be tonsils. No fever. Can I give crocin ds for her pain relief or can you suggest any other medicine?
Should I give egg daily to my 13 months baby boy. Per day how many eggs he can digest. Can I add dairy milk in his daily routine if yes then suggest me the amount please.
My son 5 years old.(birth wt 2.5 kg, normal delivery, 38 weeks). He is very thin and weak. He tired early during any activity (running, jumping, cycling etc.). Also he said that he tired and can't do that. He also feels low self esteem when see other child to doing these activities. Also when he get coughing, it goes away approx 20 days every time. We consulted paediatrician/physician also 3-4 times. Following test carried out: Echo test/Chest xray- normal TB gold test:-ve ESR-10 mm/HR TLC/DLC-normal, RBC-3.7 Hb: 9-10 (four times repeated, every 3 month gap during last 1.5 years. Dr. Given following: Iron + folic acid syrup, Zinc+Multivitamin + multiminerals syrup. We also give him chapati/rice/milk/paneer, egg/almond/kismis/banana, other fruits etc. But his weight & Hb is not increases. We are (parents & son) vegetarian. What test is to be carried out to find any problems for not gaining weight and strength. What food (veg/non veg) & supplement give to him for increasing weight/Hb?
Please help me out to increase my lactation I'm a feeding mom My milk supply suddenly dropped And baby isn't gaining weight. I'm a working mom.
Hi doctors my baby is 2 months doctor prescribed her vitamin d drops I have heard d drops make baby dark is that true. Bcoz when she was born she was fair after phototherapy she became very much dark so. Please help me out
Is it safe to give pedicloryl syrup to 4 months old baby? if yes then in what quantity? the baby is all the time cranky and is not having proper sleep. Only sleep for an hour max and thn wakes up and cry. Please suggest what to do?
My grandson was born yesterday at 16 30 hrs. The doctor has said that the child had was gruntin and finding it difficult to breathe initially. After a few hours in the incubator and a few feeds this gradually disappeared. Should the child be checked by a pediatrician for anything specific and what is it we should look for and also what care should be taken.
Hi my one years daughter from last 4 days she not eat milk even my wife try to feed red cow milk it is packet milk but last 4 days she not take and she is only eating little bit fruits not much we really fear abt her .she is doing daily activity what she does before like playing walking everything but not eat milk or any food even any sweets .what we will do please suggest us.
What will be the suitable oil for baby massage, my baby is a month old. Some say its Coconut oil, a few suggest Olive oil, others say Sesame seed oil is the best. Please suggest, do we decide it as per weather? If yes, then what oil is best for which weather?
Cleft lip and cleft palate are the two most common birth defects affecting children all over the world. What happens in the cleft lip is that the upper lip is incompletely formed and in cleft palate abnormalities, we see babies with an incompletely formed roof of the mouth. Both these can be found individually or can occur together. These conditions can be severe or mild and affect one or both sides of the face.
The fEtus undergoes the separation of the upper lip and the roof of the mouth pretty early. In certain cases, this separation does not happen or happens incompletely and certain parts of the upper lip and roof of the mouth fail to form properly leading to cleft lip and palate.
Repair through surgery
- Plastic surgery is the only way to repair a cleft lip and/or palate. Both of these impair vital functions like speaking, eating, breathing, and hearing properly.
- Surgery is done to restore function and to make the affected child look more normal.
- Most cleft lip and palate surgeries are done on very young children usually 3 months to a year old.
- Before the actual surgery, a team of specialist define a course of treatment, including repair of the cleft using surgery, which means plugging the hole in the lip or the palate; speech rehabilitation and dental restoration, as the child usually has no teeth in the affected parts of the upper palate.
The specialists required are:
- Plastic surgeon
- Pediatric dentist
- Ear, nose, and throat specialist
- Auditory or hearing specialist
What happens during surgery?
Usually, cleft lip surgery happens in children as young as 3-6 months old. It has to be carried out under general anaesthesia. If the condition is severe, and the cleft lip is wide, special procedures like lip adhesion or a moulding plate are used to bring the two parts of the lip closer and it is fully repaired.
Cleft palate repair surgery is done at the age of 9-12 months only.
What happens here is that plastic surgeons bring together the muscles of the upper soft palate and rearrange them to cover the gaping hole in the roof of the mouth. The surgery is usually done under general anaesthesia and requires a short hospital stay.
- Without a normal palate, the child can’t speak properly. So, surgery helps to improve and normalise speech.
- And that’s not all. The child may require more surgeries as he grows older to treat these two problems.
- This is because the child’s facial structure changes and he or she may require advanced surgeries like pharyngoplasty, which helps improve speech, or alveolar bone grafts to provide stability for permanent teeth.
- A bone graft is usually done when the child is 6-10 years old and it closes gaps in the bone or gums near the front teeth. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a pediatrician.